Posts by TheTerrorBeyond

What I am doing is running the amp output into the Torpedo Studio (should be the same as the Live), then going out to a real cabinet to defeat the internal loadbox and let the amp interact with a real cabinet. The output of the Torpedo is going into the Kemper, providing the cabinet and amp sound to the Kemper.

I have recorded multiple records with the Kemper and have never had an issue with latency. I never monitor through Pro Tools, as there is latency involved there. I haven't read all the replies here, but my suggestion (which has probably been said already) is to monitor the Kemper from the interface BEFORE it goes to Pro Tools. This will eliminate the buffer latency in Pro Tools (which can be anywhere from 32 samples to over 1000), thus making your performance tight and latency free. If you try to monitor in Pro Tools, you will get the latency of the audio buffer, plus any latency associated with tracking.

In short, monitor direct instead of through Pro Tools and you shouldn't have any issues.

Okay, what about this... the load in the Two Notes is defeated if you connect a cabinet to the Torpedo with the through port. This would leave the amplifier interacting with an actual speaker, but the output of the Two Notes could go to the profiler.

What are your thoughts on this?

I own a TON of amps, as well as a Two Notes Torpedo Studio. The Torpedo Studio is a reactive load box with cabinet impulses, and it sounds perfect.

Has anyone profiled with one of these? I know that there have been a number of posts about NOT using load boxes, but this is a fully-reactive box, with the best cabinet impulses in the world. Any thoughts on profiling with this, or should I still use a cabinet and mic?

I am not completely pleased with the result, but I uploaded a profile called Ceriatone Yeti Brown. I will have to work on the profile again, as it is not exactly like the video. The video was done with a Blue Bottle mic close to the cone of a V30. This is a direct profile, so it doesn't have that feel that you get with specific mic placement. I also tried to add effects in the Kemper, but I am definitely not a pro at that yet...

If this one sucks too bad, please tell me and I will remove it and work on a new version when I have time.

Hey, that's my video! :D

I'll recreate that sound and do a direct profile. The sound on the video was a recorded with a microphone, so the profile sound will depend upon the cabinet you use. The video was done with Vintage 30 speakers.

Ceriatone Yeti Med Gain2 - Awesome profile brother! Absolutely beautiful tone! Thank you,
    Keith
    Ps/// Countryman DI is the best! I agree… :thumbup:

THANKS!

I am just learning to profile, but I really love the sound of that one too... I did the "refine" step for a few minutes to get things to really sound right.

I need to learn how to set up cabinets on the rig now, so I can use the profiles for recording. That's next on my list. :D

I put three Ceriatone Yeti profiles on the Rig Exchange this evening... they were all done with the Countryman Type 85 DI. They are direct profiles with no cabinet associated. They sound absolutely amazing here going through a 412 cabinet with V30s.

The profiles are:

Ceriatone Yeti Med-Gain
    Ceriatone Yeti Med-Gain2
    Ceriatone Yeti LM-Gain

Although these are not "high-gain" profiles, they definitely have some balls to them.

If you have a chance, please try them out and let me know if there is anything I can do better, or offer any hints you have.

THANKS!

NOTE: The DI looped back to a cabinet, so there was no load box as I originally intended. Thanks, DonPeterson!

I have been looking through the manual and I can't find a setting to turn the cabinet off globally for the power amp output. I am running through cabinets with V30s, or with Creambacks, or Greenbacks, and I need to be able to set the Kemper so that it never tries to send a signal that includes a cabinet profile to the power amp output. I would like to keep the cabinet on for recording though.

I went into the Output/Master button, but it doesn't seem to do what I want.

Can anyone help me with this? I searched the forum, but I didn't find an answer to this question... perhaps I didn't search properly.

I only just received my Profiler PowerRack today, so I don't know if this is already possible, as I haven't been able to read the entire manual yet, but...

I am going to profile a ton of my amps, and I will be profiling at various gain stages. What I think would be amazing would be if the Kemper could have a bunch of profiles linked so that the gain control on the Kemper switched between different linked profiles at set gain levels. In effect, you profile your amp at 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 gain and set profiles for each of these, then the Kemper could switch between the profiles when a threshold was hit on the gain control, thus being as close as possible to the actual amp response. I suppose you could go up in increments of 1 if you chose with this method as well.

Is this something that already exists, or am I onto something new?

I just ordered the Countryman 85 DI. I am going to run the amp output to the Countryman and the through to the Rivera Mini RockRec to use as a load box, then the XLR of the Countryman to the Kemper. This should be a nice, clean path for modeling, I think!

I will let everyone know how it works out, and I will share some profiles.