Posts by JesseLuciani

Hello,

I’m very new to the ins and outs of reamping, so I apologize for this beginner question. Can I take any DI guitar track and run it through the Kemper? Or do I have to record it specifically with the SPDIF connection?

Basically, if I were to record a DI guitar today, could I order the correct cables next week and still reamp with the Kemper?

Thank you for your help! And sorry if this is such a beginner question!!!

I have solved the problem...I think.

The unit was set up at my desk, the remote and volume pedal were connected. The volume pedal was set all the way up (in the off position). When I turned the unit on, I had volume, sometimes for hours. What was happening was at some point the unit was recognizing that the volume pedal was set to off, and would cut the sound. In a panic, I didn't even notice the volume pedal was connected.

Last night I ran the same setup, eventually it cut out, so I rocked the pedal, and my sound came back. I feel pretty confident that this was the issue.

I’m having the same issue. I’ve filed a ticket (KA00173365).

I was running a loop pedal into the front input of a powered toaster. My output was the speaker out, into a passive yorkville cab. The guitar was a nylon string with a nanoflex shadow pickup.

The output went dead, the input still showed signal. I was in browser mode (one time plugged into rig manager, twice not plugged in). Turning the Kemper off and on fixed it (happened 3 times so far though). Turning to Performance mode, the output was back on, turning back to browser...it was not working. All outputs on are on Master mono. When it was dead, I tried headphones, and also plugging into my pa from the usual outputs in the back (not the speaker one) and got nothing.

Hey everyone,

Here’s my setup. Guitar-Loop pedal-Front input on a Powered Toaster.

I had a speaker going to the speaker out on the back (the red powered out).

While playing, the sound dropped to about half volume, then eventually just stoped. The input light was still showing a signal, but the output was not.

I turned the Kemper off and then on, and everything went back to normal.

I DID have the USB plugged into my computer at the time, but not directly connected to rig manager since the computer was in sleep mode at the time.

I’m a little freaked out, since I need this for a performance next week. Any suggestions?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about hooking up a Heil Talk Box with my powered toaster, I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find the answer to my specific question.

When I gig, I don't use the speaker output of my Kemper, I just go Main Outs to the PA. Is it possible to hook the Heil Talk Box up from the powered Speaker Output? The reason I ask is because of this warning on the Heil "DO NOT EXCEED 100 WATTS PEAK." I am worried that I could damage the pedal, or worse, the Kemper with this setup. The manual also says "DO NOT USE THE TALKBOX WITH A HIGH WATTAGE AMPLIFIER."

This is the setup that I was THINKING of doing...

Kemper Main Outs to the PA for all my regular guitar stuff, and then the Speaker Out to the talk box for that effect.

First off, is that setup safe?

I suppose the second issue would be, how would I turn the Main Out guitar signal off during the talk box stuff?

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I am getting an odd sound while trying to record with the Kemper (soundcloud link to "sound" below).

I am running the Kemper main outs (stereo) to a Presonus Audiobox, into Logic Pro X. (The sound happens in mono as well).

The sound does not exist when the Kemper is out of the equation. (So, guitar straight into the Audiobox does not have the sound).

Any idea what could be causing the issue, and any way to get rid of this?

The sound does NOT happen when I plug my headphones into the Kemper, it will still record the noise, but I can't hear it from the Kemper headphone jack. I've already tried different cables/guitars/profiles.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you for the help!

You enjoyed the tones you had then, and you've got a backup and the financial "hit" no longer matters to you.
    So, obviously I'd say go Kemper.

The purposes are the same; there's no distinction between home or live use or rhythm or lead playing.

Not to take away from the fact that he did use it, but Devin Townsend has left the Kemper world for his Axe, if I understand things correctly.

Found your post when I was looking for the same answer! lol, I might have something that can help.

At the moment I'm using the Dual Delay, here are my settings.

mix 68%
    Note Value 1 2/16 (1/8)
    Note Value 2 4/16 (1/4)
    Delay Balance 0

Feedback 1 27%
    Feedback 2 19%
    Low Cut 20.6
    High Cut 4219.5

Reverse 0
    Stereo 100
    Chorus 0
    Cross Feedback 0

Modulation 2.5
    Flutter Inten 0
    Flutter Rate 5.0
    Grit 0

0 for Swell Smear Ducking.

I THINK it's close (I'll have to see how it holds up with the band). My Tempo is set to 112, and I'm only actually strumming 3 times per chord (beat 1. ah of beat 1 (1e+a) and on beat 3).

Giving an update just in case anyone was curious of the outcome. I went main out mono with an XLR to the board, and it sounded killer. Best stage sound I think I've ever had. Thanks to the forum for all the help!

Thanks for the help everyone!

I just got home from rehearsal, and wow...just wow. This was my first time hearing it LOUD (with a Heavy hitting drummer), and I can't believe how good my sound was. I went mono into the board, and the tone was just awesome. It actually wasn't far from the headphones. I used a Top Jimi Petrucci Profile that I tweaked, my Vox AC30 profile, and an Mbritt that I can't remember the name of at the moment (I will edit this post to add the profile name). I have been reading the forums, and watching the Tone Junkie videos to get a handle on how to tweak sounds if necessary. I was using an EBMM JP-6 for the guitar.

I have a question that might not be thread worthy, maybe someone can help me sort this out. If I'm using a line cable, should I go into a DI box? Or just direct into the board? Does it matter? What does the DI change/do for the sound? Should I avoid the DI box if I'm using XLR?

Thank you again for all the help. To anyone that is having the issue/concern that I was, learn how to tweak the profiles, don't just automatically move to a new one, that way you can understand the different tools that the Kemper offers to adjust the sound.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully I can clear up what I'm asking. Basically I'm looking for a way to evaluate my tone at home, so that I'm not adjusting the sound too much to compensate for my speakers (which aren't the best for this). I had a pair of studio headphones already and was wondering if those would be a good way of doing so.

Thanks!

Jesse