Posts by balazs

I apologize to everyone, but it is so lame and cool at the same time that I have to link. (I love the 80s, sorry. :P)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I heard Andy in Danger Danger for the first time (on the 'Screw it!' album) which had a big impact on me.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The first solo song I heard from him was the "Cry For You" – that has been one of my favorites since.

Check it out! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Maybe it will surprise you but there is no big difference between the two records.

"sounds nothing like the vendor's"

I understand why you say this, but I think there's no big difference at all.
    I have experience, there are much more differences at the same setting.

As Jocke said it is impossible to create 100% equivalent sound.

Lots of things affect the sound:

1. Tunig.

1/a. For example, in drop tuning (especially from drop C and below) it will simply be different with the same preset.

1/b. It is less important but the thickness of the string also matters.

2. Pickup... needless to say why (EMG 81 or a 498T? Fire and ice.)

2/a. Pickup height. Important.

3. Pick attack. Fckn important.

Your setting will be quite different under James Hetfield's right hand. :)

Kemper related solutions:

1. Important: ask if the seller has used the pure cab function.

This has a great impact on the sound.

In the case if if he didn't use it. (I think it should not be turned on by default especially if you make a demo recording as a seller.)

It is not enough to set the parameter to zero. You have to turn this off!

2. Important: If you listen to your recording on the sound card headphone output (or on speakers), it won't sound like in Kemper when you see this setting: output (menu) in page 5: (pipe ON) space >HeadphOnly. (the question is whether the seller has turned on this)

You can also turn off the pure cab here.

I guess I don't have to say that there is a huge difference between a single (one mono/stereo guitar track) a dual and a quad tracking recording.

After all these years and losses (Layne, Mike) I love this band!

"I think James Hetfield used it on Master Of Puppets?"

At 1:52

Yes, Ratt was great! I am surprised you did not mention Round and Round, which was featured in The Wrestler, which - to me - happens to be the 2nd best Mickey Rourke movie after Angel Heart.

Round and Round would be too obvious. :) But yes, this is Ratt's "Enter Sandman".

Mickey is a great actor, a pity for his looks. I loved his role in Angel Heart, H.D. and the Marlboro Man, Barfly (love Charles Bukowski :thumbup:),

9 12 Weeks and the list goes on... even in the Expendables.

External Content vimeo.com

There were many great hard/glam rock bands in the 80s.

They were later called them "hair metal" although many of those albums are still outstanding music to this day.

(The problem started when everyone wanted to play this music because it became a trend.)

One of my favorite bands from this period is Ratt.

The 'Out of the Cellar ' (1984) and'Invasion of Your Privacy' (1985) records are included in my top list from that time.

The opening riff of the Lay It Down is the essence of the 80s hard rock guitar themes. :)

Besides the virtuoso Warren DeMartini the late great Robbin Crosby was the author or co-author of many classic Ratt songs like this:

Unfortunately the band is a kind of disaster today, Warren Demartini is no longer a member and Stephen's voice is very weak in live.

However, their 2010 (so far last) album 'Infestation' has become amazingly strong and I recommend it to anyone who has not heard it yet.

Bonus: My favorite Keanu Reeves movie and my favorite song from the film:

Hey, I'm a child of the 80s. To date I love the decade and I am happy to have lived as a child. Music, movies, cars, toys... will never be like it was then. I know this is partly nostalgia, but I'm not alone with this opinion.

The first "scary" movie of my childhood was the Terminator, the original from 1984. I saw it 2-3 years later on VHS tape because those were different times but even then I was a small child. The film made a big impact on me as I think for the other boys of my generation. Arnold became a kind of hero in those years in our eyes. Although the T2 became a world success, I consider the 1984 original to be the best Terminator movie.

One of the iconic scenes of the film is when the Terminator goes to the Tech Noir club to catch Sarah Connor.

[Blocked Image: https://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tech-noir1-590x327.jpg]

While the machine is looking for the target we hear the Tryanglz 'Burnin' In The Third Degree' song.

[Blocked Image: https://media0.giphy.com/media/7SBJu1roII8Ks/giphy.gif]

The target will soon be identified as the music fades away and we hear one of the specific musical motifs of the Terminator - written by Brad Fiedel.

[Blocked Image: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UltimateCloudyAardvark-size_restricted.gif]

In the video below this is exactly what the video creator did.

I love the Crüe's self titled album with John Corabi from '94.

Many fans don't like it because Vince doesn't sing on it but I think it's probably their best album musically.

Plus it sounds great because of Bob Rock.

Evergrey is a prog/power/melodic metal band from Sweden. They've been working for a long time.

I think they are one of the best melodic metal bands today. Their style is unique to others.

Emotional vocals, often epic tunes, strong guitar riffs, dark-toned moods.

Their latest album 'The Atlantic' was released early this year. It's worth listening to more of their videos.