Posts by balazs

attention: strong visual representation in the film used for this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

never heard of Eclipse, excellent fun song and band

Hi, they are a relatively old band, I recommend you listen to their previous records if you like their music because I think the creative peak is already behind them.

'Are You Ready To Rock' album (2008):

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

'Bleed and Scream' album (2012):

'Armageddonize' album (2015):

'Monumentum' album (2017):

One of my favorite 80s pop records is the Starship's 'No Protection' album from '87. (Grace Slick is the shit :))

What a great song structure & refrain:

Okay, this can't be missed either:

This is from the remaster (2019), the album itself made 1986. Aviator - Aviator (1986)

Info

Youtube, full album (timestamps in description)

nice cover by Issa

When I listened to the record with the same title, I first came across Joe Satriani’s name. It was a huge experience. It could have been around '92-'93 and I borrowed the tape from an older buddy of mine who always showed new and unknown bands in the group of friends. So my buddy handed me the cassette, "watch this, you haven't heard music like this before, the 'singing part' is also a guitar." He was right. It was the first "guitar hero" record I've ever heard in my life. Then, of course, the others, Vai, Malmsteen, etc., took their turn. :)

There is a glitch in the Matrix:

I discovered the band Icon (heavyharmonies link) about 10 years ago and I’ve come to realize again what a great band it was.

(On the record it has a guitar intro)

Classic Dokken feel :)

gems from the 80s

Jean Beauvoir (Voodoo X) is a well known producer and has written, co-written a bunch of songs, soundtracks from Kiss to Ramones.

as producer:

The 'tube recommended me this guy who makes videos with some cool amps & guitars. He achieves great sounds playing some well known riffs.

Songs & signal chains in the descriptions.

*Neural DSP's Soldano plugin. I recommend to try the demo!

balazs Thanks for the Max Ostro video. I am usually very bored with modern "shredders" and generally lose interest after about 1 minute. This dude has something a bit unique going on. Probably the lightest L hand technique I've every seen but he is so fluid and makes everything look effortless. His slides and bends keep it interesting. Very cool!

You are welcome! The thing is, I saw the guy for the first time in a few weeks, at least I don’t remember him before. I can say that he is on a different level. We know youtube is full of young talent, excellent technical knowledge, but this young kid (think about it: born in 2004) is something completely different ... like seeing the next Guthrie Govan, but not a "copy". One of the true geniuses of his generation and I must say that he is the future, at least in the segment of modern guitar playing he represents.

0d7b988aefc21d5df226fa5dd141fdcd58abb096

Not at all. :thumbup:As you can see, the complete packs (Choptones) include only one type of speaker and cabinet and if you want to collect at least three packs to combine, it’s a little expensive. They have a very wide selection and that’s definitely good. For example the 2x12 Hesu cabinet with Hesu Demon speakers is not everywhere... and there is a 4 x 12 Hesu and a Mesa 4x12 version with the same Hesu speakers. It’s worth mentioning that in demonstration videos you often hear microphone mixes from the quick library.

I think try one of the blended packs first. It is cheaper and contains blended mics with two blended cabs. For high gain themes, I recommend the Hesu, Engl, Mesa and the Peavey 5150 blends.