Posts by balazs

I love that Saxon can make great music beyond the zenith of its career.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Big J-rock / metal influence there. Good "find", mate. 8)

I listened to the full record today ('20-20 '- 2020) and I have to admit I found a gem, at least to my liking. :)

The strong, often percussive guitar themes, the vocal parts that often harmonize with these and the whole thing is very fine musically.

i know absolutely nothing about this band, youtube 'suggested' to me. :P

One of Halford's best songs.

History in 4 minutes from '49 to '89. 8)

Synthwave moments :P

Fired from a drink and drug abuser because of drinking habit? That's hilarious. :D But Ozzy has treated so many musicians so bad and he complain how bad Tony treated him in BS. :rolleyes: Anaway Zakk should have stopped using his pinch harmonics years ago. We have heard it enough already. Just like Kirks insisting on using a wha pedal during his solos. ||

Yeah, I think the same but if we can believe this, Ozzy was sober at the time and this was the main reason.

Ozzy: "Zakk came in at the beginning of the new one, but he was still drinking. When you're drunk and somebody else is drinking, it's okay, but when you're sober and somebody's blabbering away in your ear, it ain't. I mean, Zakk's a great player and I love him. I love his playing. But in the end, it came to the point that I had to get another guitarist. Not because I fell out with Zakk, but it was hard for me to be around someone who is actively drinking. "

But Ozzy has treated so many musicians so bad and he complain how bad Tony treated him in BS.

Ozzy is not perfect at all but I think Sharon is the main reason all of this.

Yeah, Zakk overuse the p.h. but it less annoying to me (he makes the "good type" of p.h. plus his vibrato is proper) than Kirk's super fast "mosquito vibrato". :)

(Don’t get me wrong: among other things, I learned to play guitar (somewhat) on Metallica songs and without Kirk’s solos it wouldn’t be the same the Unforgiven, Master of Puppets, but his riffs led to songs like Enter Sandman, Creeping Death, Trapped Under Ice, he also brought several riffs to the Master record, etc.)

Ozzy's 'Black Rain' album (2007) was on my playlist that year. This was the last before Zakk was fired because of his drinking habit. OK, it was a little too BLS because of Zakk but overall a fine album IMO.

Low budget video but i like it :)

Bonus tracks:

Sometimes it’s good to listen to commercially shaped-polished songs.

Primal Fear is one of my favorite german heavy metal bands.

Guitar themes have been strong since the beginning, the sound is also good, as it fits a precise German band. :)

OMG the perfect 80s video

Harry K. Cody a superb guitar player. Unfortunately after Shotgun Messiah he disappeared from my sight.

Their 'Second Coming' album is one of the coolest hard rock albums I’ve listened to countless times.