Posts by balazs

I assume you all know or at least have heard of Jorn Lande. I first heard his voice through the bands Ark and Millenium and soon, of course, I also heard his voice through Whitesnake covers with Bernie Marsden, as the guy’s tone is one of the best things that has happened to rock music in the last 25 years. :) Over the years, unfortunately, the volume has gone somewhat to the detriment of the quality, less good records have been made, but I think the guy is among the top 5 singers in today’s hard rock scene. He has also sung a lot of covers in recent years. You can hear his voice on a bunch of records if you’re interested.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With Roland Grapow from Helloween:

MSG cover (Michael Schenker Group)

Thin Lizzy cover

Kate Bush cover

Anni-Frid (ABBA) cover

I wouldn't include Chrissy in this group personally, mate, but of course this is just my opinion.

IMHO she had a fantastic rock voice and knew how to use it too. Apart from the great tones she could deliver, her pitching was friggin'-perfect. Huge respect from me. 8)

You know, my english is poor, so totally agree with you. All three girls are fantastic singers. I wanted to state that while the attractive appearance was obviously an important aspect in a video made for a lot of money, which was then watched by millions on MTV, but if you look back, very few girls became really successful by being a weak singer but pretty . Of course, we’re obviously talking about tastes here, too.

Times change, and we have to accept it but it will never be the same again...

Back then "hot babes" couldn't be sold with their looks alone if they weren't good at what they were doing.

Three perfect examples of this are Chrissy Steele, Sandi Saraya and the amazing Lee Aaron. The names could be further listed.

balazs I was invited to a private party 2 years ago where Firehouse performed an acoustic show to about 100 people. Had a chance to visit with Bill Leverty afterward. He was using AxeFX and I got to talking to him about Kemper. He had never tried one but said he had heard good things about them. After I explained how he could profile his own studio amps he seemed very interested and said he would check into it. Have not noticed if he has used them yet. Very down to earth and friendly guy, very willing to talk gear. He also talked about his custom guitars by C.R. Alsip. I should also say that of all the bands from that era still playing, they are the best sounding live...especially vocally. They kill it!!

Wow, great story, thanks for sharing with us.

The band was shown to me by my first "rock guitar" teacher back in the mid-nineties, although I think I've seen their clip on mtv before.

From the starting / chorus guitar theme of "All She Wrote" to the present day I'll be goosebumps when I hear it somewhere.

That’s why when the guy offered to sell his two "branded" guitars, a Gibson Les Paul Studio and a Yamaha RGX 421D, I chose the latter.

Bill Leverty's Yamaha.

Steve Clark was a great musician. He wrote/co-wrote almost all of the Def Leppard hits.

Unfortunatelly he was a heavy alcohol-addict and died from alcohol poisoning in 1991 only at 30.

Joe Holmes ’name may be primarily familiar to Ozzy fans. But, for example, he replaced Jason Becker in Dave Lee Roth’s band when Jason’s illness no longer allowed him to play. He replaced Zakk Wylde in 95 when Zakk was going to go to GNR. (It didn't turn out to be anything.) Unfortunately, Joe didn't play on Ozzy's records. So, Joe released a damn good record under the name ‘Farmikos’ in 2015. I recommend it to everyone because it is perfect and has an atmosphere that I think is unique.

GearJocke

I love Richie, a great player and a very down to earth person based on interviews with him and all that stuff (articles, rig videos etc.)

His style is amazingly "sharp" and "cheeky" when you can write this around in such words.

You can find a number of videos on youtube that prove his talent, but I’m putting a Judas live video here that I saw a couple of years ago. You hear almost only Richie’s guitar and the guy is great.

Fun fact: the song was inspired by a movie Maniac, which is about a serial killer who stalks his victims in New York City.

The temporary lyrics for the chorus were: He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure / He will kill your cat and nail him to the door

Sembello (one of the writers): "That direction obviously wasn't going to work at which point the genius of Phil Ramone, producer of the soundtrack who had the vision to see the potential of the song, asked us to change it to the present concept of a girl possessed with the passion of a gift for dance. Without Phil it would not have happened."

I chose this because there was no official video for the song and it would be boring to stare at the album cover. This is one of the most epic songs by Priest in my opinion.

I’ve always loved Izzy’s rhythm guitar playing. Fortunately Guns has "developed" a way of working at the studio that usually everyone has played up their own ideas. As the guitars were panned on A/B sides (Slash on the right, Izzy on the left), new dimensions opened up with a good headphone. After the tape recorder era (teenage years), I practically rediscovered Appetite and UYI discs in later years.

The pair used this method to record the song ‘Ghost’, which was featured on Slash’s 2010 album. By the way, with the voice of the great Ian Astbury.

Huh, don’t get me wrong, from time to time I still see an amplifier in the shop that interests me. :) I already got the most important ones.

Actually anything that’s a little "special" piece, staying in the high gain area of course. :) A Jose Arredondo modded Marshall would be interesting, I don't think it's in your modded Marshall profiles yet. (At least I don’t remember.) Maybe a Bogner modded Marshall ‘Snorkler’ (Jerry Cantrell used it - Alice In Chains - for a while.) I'd also like Fortin amps - I know you already have one - e.g. Meshuggah, or Cali. If I remember correct you don't have an EVH5150 III either, but I may be wrong.

Great work guys! GearJocke : I would be less interested in blended amplifiers, much more interested in rarer and / or modded amplifiers.

Else: I’m grateful for the discount now available, but for me who has been a buyer for a long time, a 30-50% discount (counts per item) from time to time would be more appealing - I mostly bought the more expensive studio packages. You could even link the discount to the amount you have bought so far and then it would not apply to everyone. It is a question of whether you have the data on old purchases. For example, after spending € 200-250, the code could be used for a later purchase.