Posts by EHZMetal

As a follow up, you can stream our album for free at Coffinrot. We recorded using Sinmix and actually a lot of the stock profiles that we tweaked (Jeff Loomis and Lasse Lammert).

Having the same, consistent sound and going back and forth between tracks in the studio was so awesome and made the experience much more pleasant!

Here's my DM band Coffinrot that we recorded using all Kempers. You can stream it for free. We used a combination of Sinmix Kempers and actually some stock profiles we tweaked (the Jeff Loomis 5150 and the Lasse Lammert). I still use my 5150 III live but intend to switch to Kemper (at least in some of my other bands) because of how good it sounds.

The old way sure was dangerous, when I live track in the living room it's in hopes my drummer nails a take before the police arrive.
    I hate scrapping with cops and have a guitar strapped on. :thumbup:

Haha! Ah - yes. I'm sure we've all been there at some point in our musical lives!

Very nice, great production too.

Thanks! This genre can be pretty tough to mix sometimes and to make somewhat audible (drop A tuning, tremendous amount of tremolo picking, layers of high gain amps, etc.). I do have to say the Kemper was a tremendous asset with the consistency of profiles and the ease of being able to go back for multiple takes. Given our limitations and constraints, we definitely would not have been able to do that the old way.

Greetings, here's one we released today from our debut album. I posted if you're a fan of death metal, black metal, extreme metal, etc, but if not it may sound like screaming over static and double bass drumming :D . We recorded all the guitars using the Kemper (mostly 5150 III and a few Framus Cobra profiles).

Coffinrot - Mind Your Elders

1. Good question - I have not tried that yet. Hopefully others can chime in but that seems logical.
    2. No - since the Kemper is set at 44.1 KHz, however, I hear others talk kind of about some process on these forums about using external interfaces and the DAW to perhaps circumvent this.

For our latest album coming out soon, we used profiles from Sinmix and honestly a few of the stock ones that came with that we tweaked a bit. The Loomis 5150 3 and the Lasse Lammert ones are excellent IMO. I have a multitude of Sinmix (I like the Framus and TriRec ones with the Hesu cab) and a few Stymphalian ones as well that may have made their way in there. I use an actual 5150 III live.

Hello!

You will need three things: A Digital Audio Coaxial Cable that goes from the S/PDIF Out from the back of your Kemper to a converter (I only recommend the Lindy converter) and then a Digital Optical Audio Toslink cable from the converter to the back of the Optical In of the ID 22. Ensure to make sure the switch on the Lindy converter on the side is switched correctly as it is a 2-way converter and repeater. Then ensure the sample rate options are all set to 44.1 KHz in your DAW, the ID application and your OS if applicable. In the ID application, you have to select the Digital In as S/PDIF and the Preferred Clock Source as Optical. It should work just fine but at first I had to turn up the Master Volume on the Kemper to see the audio levels in my situation.

Other converters besides the Lindy may work but the various cheap piece of garbage ones out there on Amazon are just that for connecting to this particular unit: GARBAGE. So unless you enjoy wasting endless hours troubleshooting, I highly recommend you avoid those at all costs.

The Lindy is working I think the optical port on the original ID 22 was faulty because I was working with tech support at Audient and we did some tests on that and it seemed to be problematic. It probably was a combination of the two, but the Monoprice converter for sure did not work. I just got a replacement ID 22. The Lindy converter and the replacement shipped back to me about the same time.

SOLVED: In case anyone is having any issues, that generic coaxial to optical converter marketed under Monoprice, QVS and a variety of other names around the $12 absolutely did not work. But if you like tinkering endlessly and enjoy wasting your time with a non-functional item, then you will love the Monoprice converter.

I ordered the Lindy converter and it shipped from Europe pretty quick and worked. I ended up also replacing the ID 22. I did try the old converter with the ID 22 and it did not work. I think it was a combination of the two perhaps.

I'm really at a loss here guys. I have double checked the converter box (Coaxial In to Optical Out), the optical cable and S/PDIF cable and all these settings below but get audio meter spikes and clock sync issues. I did get a hold of someone at Audient who had me check these settings and people have successfully connected this unit like this before evidently. As mentioned, everything else and the other connections work fine as expected.

Settings: Please see the screen prints below. The first screen print captures the flickering where it momentarily switches in the status light from green to red and pops up a recurring invalid clock source error presumably because of some clocking issue. It shows a green status there but that only lasts for a split second when it alternates while that message box keeps popping up.

Sample Rate in ID software set to 44.1Khz

UPDATE 03/2/2018: Unit being swapped and Lindy converter ordered from Thomann Music.