Posts by IronWord

I noticed this with different guitars, cords and rigs. That’s when I used JUST HEADPHONES. Two days, same thing. Then I hooked it up to a powered speaker....no problem. And now when I use headphones only NO PROBLEM. Weird...but it is working.

You know i have noticed weird things like that as well, just odd harmonics and such, i swear i think sometimes profiles carry overy to other settings briefly during profile changes...

It has nothing to do with understanding how the unit functions for a lot of people. I understand how to access every feature perfectly, but it's a lot more efficient to access certain features using a drop down menu with a mouse and keyboard (eg. selecting an effects preset or swapping cabs) than to twist a knob or push a button 15 - 20 times. Further, as mentioned multiple times in this thread, the KPA isn't always located within arms reach making physical access impractical. Additionally, some older users have a difficult time viewing text on the front panel.

THIS RIGHT HERE is the reaon why a piece of equipment in this price range should have better/more features for accessing Every configurable effects/tone parameter available on this thing through the computer. I't has nothing to do with not wanting to learn it, as a new user it just makes sense. In fact if i had the whole kemper interface on my screen that would be incredible. Do you know how much time i would save having to jump from my kemper over to my pc to look shit up, i could just do it all right here. All of this is entirely possible. I think i must have spent hours in my chair with my guitar hanging around my neck while im bent over turning buttons.

I think an editor requires integration of the embedded platform functionality and the desktop platform.

Your right but that integration can easily be programmed, they own the source code. A couple of programmers should be able to knock that out with maybe 200 or so hours. So maybe 3 weeks and some beta testing. Then 3 more weeks of bug fixes so in reality a 3 month project full time for 2 programmers. Maybe 1 depending on the code.

Hello IronWord,

I am not sure if you read this full thread, or my earlier post #20 in this thread. I wasn't questioning the benefit of trying out (auditioning) different Kemper Cabinets with a given amp profile...I was questioning the use of 3rd-party Impulse Response cab sims, which are an entirely different kettle of fish.

Cheers,
    John

Hi John, yes sir I read the whole thing
    I was referring to 3rd party cabs. I have used the ones from celestial and ownhammer with spectacular results.

Philbert great post!

I agree, we shouldn't need to touch the cabs. And it all can be a bit maddening at times. However i have discovered, that some of the profiles i really like can be made slightly better with a different cab.Or i might find a profile i really like and save that profile with different cabs to just get slighly different tones. I am an addict i will admit it.

Wow, thank you bro… That is so nice of you, how would this unit be able to work with the Allen and Heath ME1?

Oh no problem at all Bro!
    To be honest i think you have way more experience than i do with this. I was thinking you could use it to send a signal from the Kemper to the mixer then mixer to FOH and you could also run your headphones out from the same mixer, i thought it might remove a piece of equip from the signal chain.
    the way i understand it is right now you go from kemper-->FOH mixer/soundboard-->your mixer Me1-->IEM
    with this way hopefully it would work like this
    Kemper-->profx mixer---FOH
    ---------------- off same profx mixer would go to your IEM
    I think that would work, i run my kemper from the main out to the xlr mic inputs on the mixer, and run the main outs form the mixers to my monitors, but those could be ran to the FOH, then you could run you IMe from the sam mixer that you ran the kemper to it also has a mono out and someohter inputs and outputs for tape and such. Or Joptones idea my be alot easier...i tend to overthink things, howver the offer is there. i don't mind at all sending it to you if you wan to try it out. You shold still have my email.

I think that ROLLS might do the same thing though,

I agree, good tutorial.

From my experiance i don't touch the gain. I used to play with it, but realized thats the image the KPA got from the amp, its like a picture in photoshop. The better picture you start out with the less adjustments you need to make in editing.
    I tweak everythng else a "bit" and that's it. If the profile doesn't have the sound i'm looking for there is another one just a click away that will.

Thanks Andrea L, That's about all I wanted in there about 20 or so. I'll try rebooting and hitting it again.

Hey man, i have about 60 favorites. IF you use the rig manager what you do is highlight the rig and the right mouse click on it and go to add to favorite. It will then put a little star by the profile. Then you can sort profiles based on name, amp type or favorites amoung a bunch of other fields.

I will check that out, thanks... I'm not sure how much of a difference there would be. The randy amp was the loudest amp i have ever played in my life.the tone would explode your soul, seriously. BUt now they are selling them for like 3-4k

Hey does anyone know if the randy amp has been profiled? Its based off a 1959 super lead 100 watt head. I used to have one but sold it years ago. I had sylvania big bottles in it form the 60's and was running a telefunken in the first stage with mullards in the 2nd two and the tone was incredible. It was just too loud for the house. I still have all the tubes that i would be willing to let someone borrow if they could profile it for me. I will pay for the profiling of course.

-Jeff