Posts by IronWord

Hey man welcome, I like the EVH 5151 profiles, if yu can find any of the mesa Mark II c+ profiles i think you would like those as well.

What guitar is that, it looks lile a PRS...and i have to ask what beer are you drinking? Looks like Bass ale...just a guess I drink a Belgian ale called Duvel

You just admitted it and didn't realize it, each guitar players style will create their own tone,sound, timbre, effect whatever you want to call it. But like i said give any 5 different gutar players the same solo to play on the same setup and they wont match identically like what you claim. And this conversation was about seperate guitarist playing on the same gear playing the same solo, the gutar itself is a stringed wooden instrement, take everytihng else out of the eqauation and just have them play on that same guitar and no two guitarist will sound the same its like i said the timbre and precussiveness all create their own individual tone. that tone gets translated to the amp when all that stuff is plugged in.

I can see this is impossible for you to understand so im done trying to explain it to you.

HI, can you please adjust the installer so you can choose the drive location destination install point.

for example it installs to the default c: drive when i would like to install it to a seperate drive.

thank you

-Jeff

I understand what you mean with the signal chain, guitar-->cord-->amp-->speaker--> your ear

All of that makes up a signal chain, and out of that signal chain comes sound. With the guitar sitting there if you strum the strings it will make a sound and any person on the planet can strum it and that sound will all be very similar.

Now pick up the guitar and hand it to 5 pro guitar players and have them play the same solo and each one of those guitar players will have a specific timbre and expression in their playing that will create different tone that you hear. I teach cello and i can have 2 students play on the same cello and sound nothing like each other not even close.

That video where that guy tried to show that the tone is not in the hands is not scientific, any guitar player could play through that scooped overly compessed mess and sound the same. Get something more articulate and dynamic then do a comparison of some actual playing.

The rig manager would show activity on teh folders like a spinning circle next to them lik eit was updating and on the KPA is had a screen that read " rig updating" or something like that. i could wait an hour and it would still be doing that. so i would shut off the rig mgr, and it would give an error about rebooting the KPA and holding down the rig button.

Ok i'll play along

My first thought is" that's not really a good video to prove a point". There needs to be a video that shows some tecnhical prowess not some metal coverd HOnk HOnk HOnk Hooonnnnkkkk garbage that my 8 year old daughter would be able to play and sound like.

my point was, take a technical guitarist like vai, satriani, van halen, rhodes....whoever and rip one of their fire breathing solos and sound the same/ you might sound similar but your not going to sound the same.
    You can do a search on youtube and find just as many videos of tone is in your hands that shows just what im referring to.
    No two guitarist will sound the same and it should be that way.

What are the differences with each pack? Im new to the kemper so could you please exlain what purpose each one would serve? I play at home thorugh studio headphones and monitors, i also have a cab but it may be going away i just don't know yet.

Thanks

Jeff

Im new here to the forum as i just got my Kemper last week, i dont make or sell profiles and i don't represent anyone selling profiles and i have no plans on making any. so with that here is a different perspecitve.

I like reading through the threads and seeing vendors posting . Here is why.
    They are actively taking part in discussions which shows they care about the community, I know they are making money but at least they are taking part in the discussions. Maybe they can see where folks are not happy etc.
    Also for me, i come across these guys selling and i can go check out their websites, listen and decide for myself.It's always buyer beware. I think i have already spent quite a bit of money from about 3-4 vendors, there were a couple that i came across in the forum that i had not ran into out on the net. So that's a good thing for me. Also i think the more folks you have making these profiles the better chance you get at finding something that suits your sound. I have personally run across 2 vendors both selling the same amp profile and one was definitely better than the other, I will never say which as i don't want to be a part of that, as sound is subjective. But to me one was better than the other and the sound was no where near what was advertised. So how should we handle that, well i think we should be able to have open discuissions without them jumping in saying its a setting here or there....do you know what i mean.? I have never played with so many amp tones in my life. I did discover that i can make alot of them sound really close to each other. The only amp that stands out for me so far was a bogner, i won't say which one but the clean was incredible. But from the same vendor i bought a boogie profile that was complete crap, so go figure.
    But i think it's good that you have a community that supports these guys so they keep making whatever profiles that they can.

after looking at some other screen shots online, it looks like i just named the " my profiler" to emerald studio, so that shouldn't be causing my syncing problem, i guess i will op[en a support case.

Welcome to the Kemper club... AND the PRS club Jeff!
    Is the Kemper up to date firmware wise?

Thank you, yes both the rig mgr and the Kemper are up to date I made sure of that when i first got it up and running. I wondering if it's the usb 3 ports im using, do you know if that's compatible with the kemper? I think it should be. Yea that prs i sjust amazing quality.

The folder that shows the contents of your KPA when it is connected to Rig Manager is the “My Profiler” folder.

BTW-It is not a subfolder of the “Rig Packs” folder.

mine looks like this....can you do a screen capture and show me what yours looks like. maybe i need to move that folder i have no idea why the system created it there., also im referring to the folder "emerald studio with the 857 profiles.

Hey where should the default folder for all my rigs be on the KPA? Right now it's a subfolder of "rig packs",. should it or can it be under the local library? Is the local library in reference to the KPA or how the manager sees them on the local pc?

thanks