Posts by warter

Hm... Copied from the interwebs:

"USB 1.0 flash drive consumes approx 23 mA while the drive is idle and 34mA while reading or writing data. USB 2.0 flash drive requires 34 mA power when it’s idle but while writing any data to it consumes 105 mA power from the host."

So if the Kemper Stage can write to a USB2.0 flash drive in USB2.0 mode, it could be possible to power to Sennheiser board...

Let's put it this way: Is there a spec available?

I would like to get:

• support for a wide range of USB WiFi-Dongles (e.g. the small ones you can also use with the Raspberry Pi (TP-Link something)
    • webserver running on the Kemper
      • hosting the GUI (Like on the Soundcraft UI24 mixer (they also have an online demo of it. Very nice!)
      • Kemper can either connect to an existing access point or act as the access point
    • Kemper can update itself (one click update) (downloading the update from the web and installing it)
    • direct connection of the Kemper to the online Rig Exchange library
    • since the Kemper Profiler are online then, I want to manage my Rigs and Profiles from my Kemper account website. Eg. keep my Kemper profilers in sync

What I most likely will get:

• propriatary expensive USB-Dongle
    • iOS (maybe Android) app
      • limited Rig Manager functionality
    • closed protocol connection between dongle and app

prove me wrong! ;)

I expect nothing before NAMM 2020. It will take place Jan 16th - 19th. So in 6 weeks.

You need to pack your stuff and send it out from Recklinghausen, Germany to the show latest end of December to be on the safe side.

All the things that needs top be printed for the booth also needs to be prepared latest NOW. Kemper is listed as exhibitor, so what are they going to show? A fully functioning Editor would be a highlight and worth a major presentation on a show like NAMM.

I am not really expecting a KPA2.0 (Stage was just released...), so the booth at NAMM will most likely be based on existing HW and new SW (Editor, new effects, ...).

Not to be misunderstood... I really want an editor! I was totally disappointed when I bought my KPA. I was expecting that you can control the KPA via a PC. This is the 20th century... Every f*cking deveice can be. Take my Nux MightyLite BT (yes, I saw it in a Steve T. video and HAD to buy it). It comes even with an app for mobile phones! And I love it...

Is there any information about the features of that Rig Manager 3.0?

Can I:

- manage my cabs independent of the profiles

- assign nice pictures to the parts of the whole rig (and maybe also share it?)

- mass-edit profiles

- create set lists

- have a nice visual editor for the remote