Posts by GuyJames

Great music !

The only thing that irritated me was the upper frequency range of the cymbals. Either some PEQ had too much cut band from the bottom or some high frequency range too strongly boosted.

It makes them sound somehow unnatural.

But all the rest is great.

shiny sounding huh! My friend that mixed/mastered is a big 1975 and polyphia fan. I think it’s in line with that kind of mixing approach.

All kemper tones from lonestargtr

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I appreciate the kind words! I’m proud of this as my first single. The kemper made it possible honestly. I’m on Instagram @guyjamesmusic if you want to connect. Hope you listen again!

- Guy

paults Regardless of the box being checked or not, I always set my patches up to record at -10dB.

I guess what I'm getting at is that using less gain on the interface would give me a more accurate image of the Kemper by leaving the -12 box unchecked.

I also noticed that by leaving it unchecked it's almost identical to the output of the monitor out outputs so that's nice too.

DonPetersen

I think you misunderstood what I meant, not sure, sorry for any miscommunication but what I meant is that leaving the -12dB box UN-checked is the optimal route. So we use less gain from our interface and more from Kemper algorithm.

So if the -12dB box in the Output section is checked than you have to run your interface gain a little hotter (for me its at noon) but if the box is un-checked than you can run it lower (for me at nine o'clock).

It would make sense to me that this might provide a little more clarity and authentic Kemper tone vs baking in more of the interfaces preamp tone.

Anyone have any opinions?

I've been happy with going mono (Recorded my EP this way) but I'm interested in trying a wet/dry mix. thus far these are my conclusions and at the end I'll ask my question.

With my Kemper Stage, Clarette Input interface and 2 cables I tried the various configurations and recorded them to A/B the results...

1. Main out DLY/REV wet (xlr in either right or left output), Monitor out Stack (1/4 interment cable in either output)

conclusion - The dry stack signal separated from the effects seems to make this sound bigger than just a mono main signal.

2. Main out Master Mono (xlr in either right or left output), Monitor Out Stack

conclusion - Theres an increase in overall volume which I think is perceived as being "Bigger" but the effects of the Mono Main out and noticeably under the mix so I'd have to boost the wetness of those to balance it out I think. This set up would seem the be closest to having two amps set next to each other in stereo.

so my question....

Am I doing anything wrong here with the cabling? All my post effects are set to 0% on the stereo knob. Should I be running two XLR's from the main out for the DLY/REV setup or should I set the Main out to Master Stereo?

Thanks for your time!

From a different perspective of low production values, this is a repurposed song writer rig from the 2020 pack. Live into an old Roland keyboard amp.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

care to tell us which one!? Great playing and tone all around the room.