Posts by hackowl

I commented the same problem few posts ago. If I kept sending taps right after changing the preset, it took a long time to get the tempo.

You can't imagine how happy I am to read this. I was going crazy with the tremolo.

If you also get the TAP button light to illuminate with the tempo, for me you would be a god.

Now I have a question about the correct way to use the tremolo once I update the kemper. Assuming that I play on a metronome at 195bpm, I select a preset with the same tempo, with the efffect X (tremolo) turned off.

If I press once on the TAP to synchronize the beat, will it be synchronized when I activate effect X, and if so, will it be synchronized the rest of the time, regardless of what I play?

And if not, what is the best way to make the tremolo coincide perfectly with a song played on metronome in a particular part.

Greetings and a million thanks for your time, and your work ...

I am still amazed with such efficient support.

hackowl: I think maybe this is not a problem of 'tempo' / 'speed' but more a matter of 'phase' or 'beat': you want the tremolo to be 'in-beat' with your song, and would need a way to sync the '1' . At this moment I'm not sure how to do that, and if it's even possible with the tremolo effect at all.. will do some diggin'

Thanks for your answer.

One of my intentions sending the taps via cc30 is to tell the kemper where the "click" of the song is (obviously it is perfectly synchronized with the song). But ... it still doesn't fit.

Another thing that I found curious, is that, if you do not stop sending the cc30 messages and change preset, it takes a long time to approach the tempo ... this I saw the other day by chance and I did not pay attention and , maybe i am wrong, I will check it quietly these days.

Thanks for help!!!!!

First of all, thanks for your answers, it's great to have such a communication.

I have reached the point of sending the TAPs via midi cc30 because the biggest problem is that, even setting a rig with the same time of the song, I have problems in the parts where I use the tremolo (activating / deactivating the effect) .

I will give a direct example so that you understand exactly what I mean.

I play this song from my group at 195bpm:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From the beginning I use a rig set at 195bpm with a tremolo in effect X (off) set to be as hard as possible.

When the tremolo part arrives (2:02), I activate X effect and practically there is always a deviation that is usually corrected when I continue playing.

I have also tried, at the same time, to switch to a preset with the tremolo already active ... sometimes it goes better than others ... but I don't get something that is 100% effective.

The only thing left for me to try is to use a kemper remote or other midi pedalboard to see if there is any kind of delay in my controller ...

Thank you so much for helping.

can you elaborate this 'disaster' ?

when (in what scenario) do you have problems with 'the tempo' ?

and how did you spent a year on this?

Hello! I give you an example.

With a mega arduino board, I send 4 pulses via midi CC30 every 500ms. I monitor the time from the arduino itself and make sure they are 500ms (120bpm) accurate, without any deviation.

Well, the kemper, sometimes 120bpm, sometimes 119.x ... other 118.x other 121 ... NEVER is the same deviation even though the signal arrives with absolute precision.

Imagine that in a moment of a song with constant tempo, a guitar is left alone with a tremolo that lasts 10 seconds ...

And over a year I have inflated to read, I have sent the tempo directly by midi, I have sent it just when I wanted to start the cycle, before, after ... I have sent taps more or less frequently, I have tried changing the preset in time, I added a morph function to the effect (tremolo in my case) and control it with an expression pedal to see if it fit better ... obviously I have not been 365 days doing tests, but I started with this problem a year and I have not stopped consulting forums and testing since then.

I am not the only one affected, I recently contacted another person with the same problem, and I have read similar cases.

Thanks for answering!

The tap tempo of the kemper, or rather, everything about the tempo in kemper is the biggest disaster in history.

I've been testing for a year (including external controllers, synchronizing it with a continuous and precise external tap ... etc etc).

It is a disaster.