Posts by Jarrydee

The reason I am waiting for this new tune to be done is that i think it is the best one to match up with one of our older ones, more fair.I think there is a chance you will guess what one is real, My point was, in the end it does not matter and can sound pretty damn close. Ill be back. lets do a compressor shootout next. I am pretty good at those, Real Neve comp? or Plugin? This would be a nice place to do that stuff, people are more friendly here than over on GS

I just listen to your music, pretty cool… You’re singer sounds like John Corabi.
    OK, help me out… Give me two songs in your YouTube videos, one that is real drums and one that is not… And then I will see if I can tell… I have listened to them a few times, and they all sound great!

Thank you so much! Tell ya what, a new one will be finished with mixing in about an hour (I hope) I will give you that and one other one you have probably heard. So give me a little bit. I like these games, reminds me of the shootouts on Gearslutz, except none of us are screaming at each other lol. Some of the Slate shootouts get people angry, WHY? I have no idea. Thank you again for the compliments, I really do appreciate it!

I agree with everything except your drum idea. I am a drummer, have been for over 30 years. Right now I HAVE to use fake drums, does not sound robotic on our music. Then again they are not locked to a grid, I play full kit all at one time with both hands. Also, before aggressively EQ'ing anything, see what EQ CUTS you can make on other tracks to get it out of the way, so you do not have to boost aggressively on the other

THIS!!! If you have an arrangement that is over produced and packed full of shit, nothing will gut through. The empty space is just as important as the space you fill!

You have no choice but to come out of the kemper into your 1 or 2 input, or both. I have an apollo and use the SPDIF input, but yours does not have that. You do not need to use any UAD plugin preamps, just leave the slots empty and use the Arrows built in preamps

My Kemper

It would have been new pickups for my 12 string strat, but then the Kemper came along.

I love it so much, that currently it resides in the bedroom and not in my studio. I have to be careful, I think my wife might get jealous ...

Congrats, just got my kemper also!

Bought my Kemper. Got the UAD Neve stuff and the API stuff a few weeks before 2018

Ash, the Palmer will be great! I think with the Kemper it really doesn't make a difference if there's any hum because the noise gate is SO. DAMN. GOOD. Completely transparent and you can just dial out any annoying background noise.

I have an old George L switcher sitting around in it's box, got it from my father years ago and never used it. I think it has 3 or 4 spots for amps, and a gain knob.

For some reason, when I have my mac keyboard hooked to the kemper, then turn the kemper on, it gets stuck in the loading up process. I can turn it to off and it still stays on the loading screen. i have to unplug the power cord. Any idea whats going on? I can no longer use the keyboard now.

Nice, db, I figured out what to do with my spare 40" flat

Well using it as a serve is going great. i installed PLEX on it, now I can transfer any TV series, or movie from . my imac through screen share to the mini, and the mini running plex plays anywhere in my hose where I have the plex app installed very cool

How about holding a lot of family pictures and sending them to a monitor on the wall that plays family photos randomly for a set duration!

Thats a great idea. I think I can do all of that event hough I set it up as a mini server last night. I can access all those things, even the desktop from my imac. I have hard drives worth of photos, not much music, just my own.