Posts by Jarrydee

I come from the PC world, so, I don’t know the capability of a Mac Mini.

Do you have a computer you use to record music? What about installing a freeware DAW and an audio interface (if it needs one)

I come from PC world also! I built my own PCs for many years. I finally decided to try mac and bought the mac mini,I was having to reinstall windows all the time, just crashing a lot with pro tools, so WIN 7 was my last dance with PC. Then moved to the imac 5k. I use the Imac to run pro tools. I decided to set the mini up as a little server

I was just wondering if any of you have found a good use for your old mac mini? I have an Imac 5k now, so my 2012 mac mini I souped up is just sitting in a closet. I know people have used them for some cool things, just wondering what any of you have used them for.

Hmm maybe we can find a way in the next update to make it easier to scroll using the usb keyboard? i think if the integration of the USB keyboard would really help if we could go fast in the menu in effects etc like we can with naming rigs

just thinking out loud before the beer makes me sound stupi

That would be great. I just tried my old mac keyboard the other day, it would be cool if they made this possible. I may even buy a new keyboard for it, since my mac USB keyboard is beat to shit and some keys do not work, and the rest are bluetooth. it was not beer, but coffee I spilt al over the USB one.. :D

I agree, though of course the best solution would be to have an editor an interim helper would be the greater use of categories in the Kemper itself.

Yup, I would have no problem doing it on an editor!

Do any of you notice a difference when using line input of your interface, or SPDIF? I just ordered a converter box to be able to use the SPDIF out of the kemper into my UAD apollo. Just wondering if any of you can hear a difference.

I am sure this has been brought up, but I am not going to go though all the posts to find out. I would LOVE a way to find an effect or pedal without having to scroll through 16 pages to get to an EQ. Would be great if there was a way to select a category, and then scroll through that category. Have a category like "EQ, Wha, reverb. Ect." then another category after you select what FX you want to scroll through ONLY the reverbs, or Eq's

Because we want to reamp and we are doing so over SPDIF as well, that's why we need out from interface and in to Kemper over SPDIF as well. We don't HAVE to use SPDIF for that, we could use alt input on the KPA instead (and some other output from our interface, not SPDIF) if let's say our interface doesn't have spdif in and out (some only have spdif in).

But since the OP's 6i6 has both spdif in and out, it's really nice and neat to use both together for recording and re-amping, 2 cheap cables, all digital signal. that's the way I do it as well.

OK thank you!! I am new also, and I did not understand the reason for sending back out of interface to KPA by SPDIF, I did not know you could reamp that way, so THANK you for telling me. I will have to use the crap Maudio interface I have to do that, my apollo only has spdif INPUT. thanks again I always learn when I open this board up!

I am not using SPDIF yet, but my first question is WHY do you have SPDIF going back INTO your kemper? Just asking.If you want the whole rig sound, it is my understanding to set the output to either main stereo, or main mono. then again I am so new to this, I may be totally full of shit, if so.. I apologize.!

Are you tracking SPDIF to your Apollo?

The improvement in sound over LINE is quite noticeable.

Welcome!

Thank you! I just ordered a converter so i can try SPDIF. My Apollo only has Digital. So I ordered what I need to try SPDIF out from KPA

Watcha playing it through?

mono out into my UA Apollo into pro tools. So my studio monitors. yammies H series. Everything seems to dark, I know I can tweak the EQ, but it is SO dark that it starts to sound unnatural I have to EQ so much. Also a lot on nasty mids.

Thank you everyone! I just spent 2 days trying to get a decent sound (clean) on this new tune we are working on. I tried 3 different guitars. I finally landed on something I was JUST OK with. I KNOW it can not be the KPA. I never though having shit pickups would matter this much. I am hoping that it is the pups anyway.

I bought one of those Pulte houses you built when the builder went bankrupt Took some time for the market to come around after the crash, but things are humming along now. The electrical work on my home was done quite well (I am an electrical engineer ). Maybe you did it!

I am sure I did. I ran a crue of about 60 guys. I worked for Advanced electric which did half the Pulte homes, then I moved to GTI (genesis technology inc.) where we did the other half of the Pulte houses. Did a huge project in NorthVille, one side of the road was homes, the other was condos. love the area, to rich for my blood..lol I had a hard time paying rent in Howell, but it was closer than driving there everyday from bay city., which I did for years!

South Lyon .... about 40 min west of Detroit.

I was right by your neck of the woods this week as I drove back from skiing up north

Good luck with your Kemper. I have been lovin on mine for many years now.

Nice area! i used to work down in that area. I lived in Howell. i am an electrician and used to wire up all the new houses way back when Pulte builders were building all those huge houses in those cul de sacs, before the housing crash. Worked a lot in your area.

as @hjscheffler already posted, the gain value is determined during Profiling.
    The Profile that is active when you switch to PROFILER has no impact on the resulting Profile. Therefore the gain value set has no influence.
    It is merely adviseable to start from a similar sounding Profile so you can check your setup/mic'ing against a proven tone.

Great, thanks.. now that makes sense to me with the videos I have watched. thanks again!