Posts by audiomitch

I have a question. If I want to buy some profiles from people like "top jimmy" Or "MBritt" How can I tell what ones came with the kemper? I do not want to buy packs that I already have that came with the Kemper. My kemper came with free packs from a lot of these profile makers. Thank you for your help!

Hi, I'm new too and had the same question. So I copied a single profile to the Profiler from Rig Manager, then copied the entire rig pack after that. Rig manager said it copied all the profiles except one because it was a duplicate. Seems the whole system is smart enough to check for duplicates. Hope this helps!

I know... I started out with a Rockman Distortion Generator back in the day. Still have it in storage. I was thinking of profiling it, but it looks the entire range is already pretty well covered :D Wait long enough and everything comes back full circle.

I'm a new Kemper user, but have been doing this on my real amps for a while. Unless you're reamping, you'll get some latency. How much depends on your DAW. You could always use S/PDIF to cut down on the D/A latency.

Anyhow, there's a line level input on the back of the Kemper. Take an output from your interface and plug it in there. Assign your track to that output, add whatever plugin you want to use, route your guitar through it. Basically you've turned your computer in to a digital effects box.

But... I've found the VST digital stomp boxes to be a little washy sounding. My hardware pedals are better. YMMV

Like I said, I'm new to the Kemper and have yet to really mess with their digital stomp boxes yet, so no comment on the Kemper ones.

New Kemper owner here. I finally threw in the towel on most of my plugins and reamping my amps with IRs. Some sounded good, but most of it was a compromise. As everybody here knows, this Kemper is a leap above all that. It's spooky good.

That said, my first reamp in a project was using Micheal Britts profile of a Scholz Rockman LOL. Sounds great and perfect for the song.

Looking forward to redoing most of my guitars on, well, just about everything.

Woot!