Posts by camatkinson

Hey Burkard. Thanks for the reply. I can’t readily get into the back of our Rack to pull it apart and narrow in any more as we are mid tour, but I’ve switched to our spare Kemper for the last few shows and it has worked perfectly since.
    We finish in a week and I’ll lay it all out on the floor and run complete tests and get an error report from the machine to see what’s happening.
    Thanks. Will get back to you with the findings as soon as I can.

Yeah this happened to me Mid show last night.
    Switched patch and walked downstage for solo and by The time I was back, Remote was dead.
    Unplugged the remote, rebooted it and it worked fine.... but I’d like it to not just up and die on me again.
    Anyone get anywhere with this problem?
    -Cam

Hey!
    So I have two Kempers running as a main and a spare.
    The Kemper Remote is running to the ‘A’ Kemper.
    Other than this They are identical systems.
    Both kempers output midi via a midi merge box into the Lehle 3@1 line selector, changing patches on the Kemper changes lines on the 3@1 for guitar changes.

This has been working flawlessly for around 3 weeks of touring. Nothing obvious has changed, but today it stopped working.
    If I switch to it the B machine, everything works. I did a back up of B and transferred to A. The problem persisted, so it seems to be a Hardware or a global issue.
    Furthermore, the issue is intermittent, sometimes the switching happens, sometimes it does not.

The ONLY symptom I can find, that is on the display, is that the square in the bottom left that says:
    Midi Prg: #1
    Midi Bank: #1
    Disappears on machine 1 after about 10 seconds of being powered on.
    This display stays put on the second Kemper.

It is also worth noting that the display disappearing and the midi switching not working are not linked, sometimes the display will go but it will still switch.

What’s going on???