Posts by dickjonesify

Veeeerrrrrry interesting haha. That light green curve is impressively close.

So the bass curve changed that much from just raising the volume?! And this graph is of the stomp only or it includes the profile?

Have spent the day putting the various new drives in front of favourite amps from M.Britt, TAF and others. Wow! :love: Loving the way they push these rigs and make them sing. Huge smile on my face, fingers aching...

Going to do it all again tomorrow but this time with a Strat... ;)

Huge thanks to ckemper and team :thumbup:

Totally! I think they push profiles super well. I’m trying cleaner profiles than I would otherwise go for.

If this was any indication for me doing something wrong, then tell me if the use of the Klon 4 preset in front of an amp is pointless ... or the use of a Ceriatone Centura pedal with Gain at noon, tone at noon and output at 3 o'clock. I can only wonder what you're trying to tell me.

All I meant by it was that since both your pedal and the stomp are pushing the profile significantly, they’ll sound more a like than maybe they actually are. I’m left wondering how similar the pedal actually is to the Kemper OD. To that end, I would say try to match them without pushing the volume.

All that is just for science and comparison. If it sounds good, it is good. That’s all that really matters to me. Personally, I’m very happy with both of the new OD’s. Very exciting.

When you push a profile, more of what you’re hearing is the “amp” rather than the pedal.

For comparison’s sake, I’d be more interested to tone match with the Stack off first. Then add the pedal and see how it shakes out.

You might be aware, that no single Profiler player has ever discovered these parameters by himself and identified them as a true sonical innovation over tube amps, and a crucial tool for the search of your individual tone.

Have you tried them?

To me this is a proof that diode configurations in ODs are highly overrated.

For your information, I use both of them frequently :D (and Power Sagging even more). Thank you for putting those controls in the Profiler.

This is getting ridiculous.

I've managed to import the new presets into RM, so now they're visible under 'All Presets/Local Library' (they're not in any subfolder).

There are no presets under 'Kemper Drive' on the Stage when browsing presets. How do I get the presets from RM to appear on the Stage so that I can select them with the 'Browse' knob? I can't find any way to put them on the Stage. 'Store in PROFILER' right-click menu is disabled when selecting any preset in RM.

Local Library is local to your Rig Manager on your hard drive. Drag them to “My Profiler” under All Presets, assuming your profiler is connected, which it would need to be.

Thanks for the info, guys.
    I’m just using the cab just for jamming at home. Live, I’m still only using the Main outputs and dialing in my sounds with headphones. I get that I wouldn’t use a direct profile with no cab live haha so I guess it’s a moot point. I was just surprised.

The cab is bypassed when you select an imprint, but the cab still needs to be there for foh and headphones. Load any cab and the imprints will work fine with DI profiles

Does it matter at all what the cab is? Should I make an IR that’s just completely flat? Haha

Hey guys! So I built my own cabinet and plan to order a Kone. So far though, I’ve tried all the features with a normal guitar speaker and I’m stoked already! Definitely more “amp in the room” sound than any other digital solution I’ve tried. The imprints are really great and the bass boost was a nice touch.

My only question... why don’t the imprints work right with direct profiles? Seems like that should be a slam dunk for great tones but it’s like, if it doesn’t have a studio cab to defeat, it no worky haha. Maybe I’m missing something.

I’ve already downgraded and, even though my missing performances did not come back when I reverted to my last RM backup, I’m pretty sure I have older backups that will have them.

It was also loading random performances in the wrong slots. I’d double click on 5, for instance, and it then said 27 where the 5 was and pulled up performance 27. I had to scroll the knob on the Kemper to 5 to pull up the real 5.

Some big misfires, here. I’m pretty shocked.

Whoa. Way bigger problem. I’m missing SEVERAL performances!

Upon further inspection, they say “New Performance” but the first slot is how it should be (minus the name). But then the rest of the slots and blank. This is a huge frickin’ bug wow.