Posts by devanbumstead

Kemperonians—

Asking for a friend (really, I am). Is it possible to use a real tube amp fed into a load box of some kind, then feed into the Kemper and use the Kemper only for the cab sim side and maybe some wet effects?

If so, what’s the most basic load box that can do this? A lot of load boxes also have cab sims which he doesn’t need since he’ll use the Kemper for that.

(Please refrain from asking, “Why doesn’t he just profile his amps?” I’ve already been down that road with him :D)

Anyone else finding that in RM3, when moving or changing the order of a performance (under MyProfiler), that sometimes the order is not updated on the Kemper hardware? I had a very strange issue today that when I tried to move Performance #120 up to #5, it changed the name of #120 and duplicated #4 to #5! :/ That was the weirdest issue. But more often the issue is that I have to quit RM, turn off the Profiler, and restart both for them to properly sync.

NOTHING WILL STORE!

My apologies if this issue has already been discussed but I cannot store the parameters within the Editor itself. I CAN save the changes I make, however, if I store using the hardware button on the Profiler itself.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good call. It appears it will pass along incoming MIDI messages According to the HEX’s manual:

MIDI OUT. Echoes commands from MIDI IN for chaining additional MIDI devices.

MIDI
    HEX will respond to MIDI commands to recall preset combinations of all 6 loops, or turn individual loops on and off. You can use any device capable of sending MIDI program change or control change messages.

Connect a standard 5-pin MIDI cable from your controller’s MIDI out to HEX’s MIDI IN. If you have additional MIDI devices, connect another MIDI cable from HEX’s MIDI OUT to the MIDI in of your next device.”

I also own a MIDI Soultions Thru box so I possibly could use that as well to split and duplicate the MIDI signal before it hits the HEX if necessary

Hello! I’m new here and new to Kemper! So I’m sorry if this scenario has already been described. But can someone tell me if this will work the way I think it will:

GOAL:
    Only have the Kemper Remote w/ expression pedal in front of me during gigs but have access to analog overdrives and use my BigSky for verbs.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

1) Put analog overdrive pedals on a rack drawer.
    2) Use something like the Voodoo Lab HEX to hook up to my 4-6 overdrives
    3) Run overdrives (HEX output) into the main input of the Kemper
    4) Use the Remote to send PC messages on channel 1 to the HEX during performances to toggle overdrives on/off in different combinations. (I’d set up the HEX with a whole bunch of different overdrive stacking combinations triggered by different PCs)
    5) Put the BigSky in the Stereo FX loop and assign it to slot X when desired.
    6) Use the MIDI out on the Hex to send to my BigSky on channel 2.
    7) Use the Remote to also send PC messages on channel 2 to the BigSky for different patches.

Am I missing anything? Would I have to connect the BigSky to the MIDI Thru on the Kemper or is it fine to simply daisy chain it with the HEX from the MIDI Out on the Kemper? Any other simple MIDI switcher I can use for this or is the HEX the simplest and cheapest way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help!

Couldn’t ageee more. To me, I don’t need the buttons “switched” per se, I just want to imagine the banks like a list, from top to bottom. Therefore I want the UP arrow to scroll from the high numbers to the low numbers.

For example, if I’m on #4 and press “^” then I want it to change to #3. This would assume it’s in a list format, just like the Rig Manager is.

Thanks for considering this Kemper!! At least make it an option for us.