Posts by VegasG

Why is it then that when I open my copy of RM 3.7.72 on MacOS it says it is current, AND, on the Support downloads page both Mac and Windows show 3.7.72??

BTW, anybody know if credit card info is required to set up a Neural account? I don’t think you can even do a firmware update without an account, so it would be nice to know ahead of time what is going to be required.

You cannot do a firmware update without a Cloud account and an Internet connection. So stated on the Neural forum.

You may as well be renting the unit from them with these limitations put on who stores your files.

This is a software mentality that has been transferred over to hardware. It’s not a business model I would ever buy into.

They lost my interest with the omission of a euro socket to power the thing.

There is a future money-maker; change the Neural Cloud to be a subscription service with varying levels of cost based on the storage space you use. Given my number of Kemper Profiles I'd need the Plutonium level!! Wait 2 years and then slam that on the users .....

I don’t know how many more ways ColdFrixion can tell us that the QC is not for him because of file management. But it’s clear to me that he’s very certain we all need to know how he feels about it.

As far as I'm concerned he is right and should bring it up every chance until their stupid Cloud service is an option and not a requirement. You are not required to use the local option, but it should be given.

I don't keep all of my profiles on the KPA for the purpose of simplifying things. I keep a lot of them stored locally in Rig Manager. However, there's absolutely no way I'd want to have to be connected to the internet to access my entire library 100% of the time. I don't know of any server that's 100% reliable and if my ISP is acting squirrely, I'd be shit out of luck. I can imagine the frustration of dealing with potential connection issues at a studio. If I want to send someone a profile or preset, it's easy. I don't have to look up their name and grant them access to the file using the front panel of my Kemper or Axe-Fx. The QC's method sounds like a pain in the ass. The whole thing's just dumb.

I also move profiles in and out of the Kemper and my disk, and I really prefer that to any other options. I do this for my Kemper and Axe as well.

It does seem, from the QC portion of the Neural forum. that an Internet connection is NOT required to run and use the QC, just to store or retrieve items. See link below. Want just change my QC purchase decision.

https://unity.neuraldsp.com/t/…-all-files-from-qc/3792/3

Yes very strange and suspicious defend an unreleased product.

It is no stranger than those who attack and denigrate a new product without ever having put their hands and ears on it. Videos are "entertainment," and do some informing, but to take a stand for or against based on a few incomplete videos is near insanity.

Looks like the KPA wins! In the following video the he uses a Kemper to create a profile of the Neural DSP Plini plugin. And it doesn't sound that far off.

So is the QC still a threat???

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am with a small, mostly not as vocal group of persons awaiting the release of a couple videos that simply walk through all the amp models that are to be included in the initial QC release. Capture technology is cool, but not ground breaking as Kemper as "been there done that," and Neural is giving their take on the established process. But the amp models included are very interesting to me.

Are these "models" or undisclosed captures, or possibly a capture run through a derivative modeling process for improvement or enhancement?? The Neural software amps previously released, claim neither to be models or captures of vintage or current amps, but we all have suspicions that they were software recreations of some "real" amps. Or not?

Please bring on the flood of QC preset walk-through videos while we wait on release. Give us something more than capture comparisons, which have demonstrated quality, but nothing breakthrough and World shattering. Please?

how do you like the AxeFx3?

I love it and actually enjoy digging into the extended amp setting. I've been able to make the Marshall types scream and feedback at relatively low volumes. Within the last week or so I've been using the Axe 80% of the time and barely touching the Kemper.

In two years time firmware will advance including the capture process itself. Though not a fan, at all, of being tied to a cloud server (aka someone else's computer), I am still on the edge of buying a QC just to see how it develops. If Neural takes it to a cloud REQUIRED status and a subscription required, then I can sell it off.

I have the Axe FX III and Kemper rack. The new Axe firmware had sounded delightful! The QC is more attractive to me than either the Helix or Headrush, and not interested in amp plugins at all. If I am moved to drag my old amps from storage, then the QC could be a win win. Still, unsure at this point in time.

I find the "Kemper Boys" vs. "Kemper Haters," frequent discussions in this thread interesting. I don't know about all you but I am a "Guitar Boy," and favor anything that gives me the chance to have a better playing experience. If you are oriented to only favor, love, and use this pile of parts, chips, and firmware over "their" and pile of parts, chips, and firmware, then your option is worthless to me.

This all is about playing guitar. Making guitar tones, and occasionally noise. Having FUN with my guitars and equipment.

How I do that is irrelevant to who's silly name is on the box. I'd love every new piece of modeling, profile, replicating gear to reach new heights win accuracy and tones. But I am not blindly buying into the corporate marketing Kool-Aid, and their minions mindlessly following their BS doctrine.

After revisiting the Neural Privacy Policy, and the data they say they will collect, I searched to see if any discussion of requiring an iLok account to use the QC Cloud had been made. Found no mention found of iLok relative to QC, which makes me want to know if it its a potential or not ......

The problem people seem to miss about the whole "cloud" thing is not necessarily that you don't control your presets.

The BIG problem is that there is a planned redundancy switch built in. If, in two years, they release QC2 they can just say that support for QC is being phased out because the app cannot work with QC1 anymore for whatever reason.

A very valid point of concern. Much like video games and computer software, the subscription (pay to play/use) model is becoming very attractive. But that opens more pathways and risks for security issues.

I am also concerned that going to a Cloud only model that requires me to store my musical IP in their Cloud servers begs a future declaration that everything on said servers is now the under the control or property of Neural. Haven't made any saves or updates in XXX period, we are deleting your content. Caps on how much you can store and fees for storing more than one QC amount of data.

I also see the Apple App Store model of a huge fee to app (capture) sellers for the privilege of being hosted and made available. Also, in the App Store model, the Store owner/operator also gets to evaluate and deny products from being hosted. OR in this case deny sharing a personal capture.

Sound quality of the amps and effects is paramount for me. However, the revelation that the QC will be dependent on the Neural Cloud for backups, captures, etc., will be the deal breaker for me. I don't have or allow any cellular, WiFi or Bluetooth activity in my "studio" when making music.

Sort of like that Oculus VR headset that require connection to and an account on Facebook just to use. Nope!

Nope, no way, not in my backyard! Sad choice IMHO by Neural.