Posts by Shroud

Hey, are there any power head owners out there that use the Mission Engineering KM-212p in a home environment? If so could you share your opinion and experiences with it? Ive seen a couple short reviews on it and just want to hear more experiences..thank you.

So, admittedly, I am brand new to the kemper, as well as audio stuff in general. With any of the big modellers, and the Kemper, one thing Ive noticed is that for a beginner, it can be easy to get drowned in options while trying to dial in the best tone. I also know, that it can take years before you really know what youre doing with it. My question-and come one, come all on suggestions for this!- Is can you point me to some good resources for how to use the kemper as far as, tweaking things, getting a rig to sound better (whether its through headphones, or monitors) and just generally how to get the most desired tone out of it? If you guys have any videos on it, or can point me to some. This is for simply just practicing guitar with it, not mixing or anything.

This might come off a bit like "duh, noob!", as there are videos out there that I can find, but I just figured that this forum probably has the most hands on experience, and tricks that they've found. As opposed to watching alot of broader videos that just show features and stuff.

Also, how important are pickups? Specifically, I have an Ibanez RT series that has a HSH config, but they are stock pickups that are not known for being all that great. Would I notice a big difference changing to a better pair of humbuckers?

Edit: I just realized there a forum dedicated to this, Share tips and tricks. I will do some reading, but I still welcome any advice/links

Welcome to the forum! Keep an ear open for any sounds of that screw popping loose. You don't want loose metal floating about inside that unit!

Thanks Zappledan. I sure will. Maybe one day, Ill get the courage to get in there and put the post back. As someone said earlier, the circuit boards should have 4 posts each, so 1 missing, hopefully wont make a difference with movement. I just cant see spending the money on shipping it for repair, just for one little piece. Hah, but hopefully that doesnt come back to bite me.

I wonder if it used to set on a 4X12 set for Chain Saw? :!:

LOL, right? According to the seller it was only used at home, for a couple hours. This is just my luck though, that it would come loose!

Thanks again to everybody for your help.

Hello there. I did do a search on the Eve SC205 studio monitors, and it seems theres a couple people here who thought they sounded great with the Kemper! Is there anybody else out there who has tried them? I saw a pair for about 650 USD online, and just wanted to get some opinions on them. These will be what I use in my high ceilinged apartment, for practicing.

That piece you removed is used to secure one of the circuit boards to the chassis. There should also be a screw that went into the piece you found, then both pieces screwed together to hold a board.
    If there is nothing else rattling around in there, you have removed the chance of a short-circuit by removing any metal pieces that could bridge the board. It should be safe to play.

But, you still have a PCB in there that has one less anchor on it and could become loose over time and create worse problems(?).

See if it's covered under warranty, then decide.

Good info to know too. I dont hear a screw moving around, so it's probably still seated in its hole.

Made a quick video to show what the purpose of these screws is. I leave it up to you if you want to try find and fix it on your own ... or if you have some electronics (or PC building) savvy friend who can do it for you. Otherwise (and in case the Profiler still has warranty) you should contact Kemper support and check with them how and where to get it fixed for you. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please let me know when you've seen the video so I can remove it again. Thanks
    Martin

Wow, awesome! You're the man dude, video and everything! I understand now, thank you so much.

Thank you as well sir. This kemper forum is without a doubt the most helpful and supportive forum for any music type stuff, that I've seen. Thanks guys

Well guys, I was able to easily get whatever it was, out, without going into the Kemper. Im looking at it right now, and im not sure what you would call it. On one side, is a small threaded post. On the other, is hexagon shaped, and within the hexagon shape is a female threaded post. Its only about a centimeter long total, if that, and its made of metal. No circuitry, or markings, or anything like that on it. Think the kemper will be okay without it?

Tried to attach a picture, but its too large. I uploaded it, though:
    https://ibb.co/fEJ93S

Ugh. Well, I bought it on a used marketplace. The seller lives many states away, so sending it back to him would only happen if Im returning it for a refund. This really sucks, as it works great, and I got a pretty good deal on it.

Whatever it is inside of there, is just on the very bottom of the kemper head. If I were to remove the main screws, and try what you attempted to get the thing out, is my warranty completely voided?

Hey fellas. So I recently bought a lightly used Kemper Powerhead. I received it today. It sounds amazing, and everything seems to be working on it. But if I tip the powerhead, there is something loose and metallic inside. It sounds small, like a screw or a nut. Should I be concerned about this? I am a relatively new guitar player, with not much of an experience with electronics, and Id rather not try to open it up and figure out. Is this something you guys would be okay with living with, or would you return the head to the seller even though it works fine?

Im hoping that this has happened to somebody else here, and its not a huge cause for concern :/

thanks for the answers guys. So, a red sound passive cab, or atomic clr passive would not sound good at lower volumes? As pamplmouss said, the Red sound is too luxurious for an apartment. Okay, but what if I wanted something with a good sound at lower volumes, that also has the potential to be played quite loud later on? (I.e. if i end up getting a house at some point) i thought that maybe one of these passive cabs would fit that description. If not, OK, but I just wanted to clarify here