Posts by 6stringz

Thanks guys! I made some serious progress today interrupt me every 5 minutes while trying to figure things out and I feel much better than I did this morning! Sorry for my whining earlier, I was just bummed and thought I was too much of a noob for the Kemper.

This thing is absolutely amazing and I am so happy I went with the Yamaha instead of guitar cabinet right now, backing tracks sound great and the guitar sound is like hifi with great bottom end! I just keep laughing at this thing because it’s so awesome!!

Thanks for everyone’s help and talk to you guys later.

Hey guys thanks for the response, I figured out the (Store button 3 times) today, thank you. in regard to the firmware, I am on the latest version - upgrading the firmware was the first thing I did when I got it. As far as the pedal shutting off, I have been working on it all day and it happened 4 more times. It seemed like the pedal would do it when I pressed buttons quick - like checking the performance I created and going through the buttons fast to make sure the stomps worked etc. I wasn't using the stock cable, but I was using a very good Cat 6 (T568B) cable that shouldn't have given me an issue. I got the Kemper back now where I play and I will keep a close eye on it and report back. I will try pressing the buttons quick like I did earlier several times.

I feel a lot better right now than I did when I introduced myself here earlier today. I have had zero interruptions and plowed through a lot of stuff, still long ways to go, but at least I can practice tonight and not worry about getting the sounds I want/need. I setup 4 performances with stomp boxes etc and it is awesome!

Thanks guys!

Well I am guessing maybe its just buggy as I just assigned some stomps to my performance, looked away for a second and turned back to my remote being completely blank and the Kemper not responsive. I had to shut it off (that took about a minute to respond) and then turn it back on. I searched that issue and see that it has happened to others. Sigh... okay I will keep plugging away here. I took the day off just so I can lock myself in the basement with this thing, no wife, no kids, no distractions for 8 hrs. I am making some headway. Despite the learning curve and my shortcomings, this truly is an awesome piece of equipment!

I created a performance with Rig Manager and I took 5 of my favorites and dragged them into the performance and put them in a specific order, in Rig manager the order is how I want them but on the remote 1 and 2 are flopped and no matter how many times I moved them back and fourth they wouldn't change. I had to edit the performance on the Kemper itself and move them around and press store in order to correct it. I realize this is a minimal issue I corrected, but struggled with it for a bit, why would this happen?

The closest thread I could find was this one but I couldn't really tell if this was my issue as I didn't rename anything: First slot enabled/disabled button unlit SOLVED!!!

Hello everyone! I am a new Kemper user as of 3 days ago and I am really struggling. I picked up the guitar about 16 months ago and have been playing a small practice amp since day one. I have devoted all my spare time to playing guitar and learning theory and I felt I was ready for a decent amp finally. Being an extreme minimalist and in technology for a living (Routing, Switching & Network Security) I figured the Kemper was an ideal product for me. Well, I have been through the manual, the foobazaar Kemper Wiki and Kemper videos and I am getting nowhere. I know this isn't the place to post questions so I will head over to the questions section. I found some answers to my questions already and I still cant solve my issues or grasp this unit. I feel completely stupid! I purchased the Toaster with the remote and a Yamaha DXR10. I am blown away by the sound!! I am just trying to dial it in with some performances to use at home with the sounds I like and understand it better. I think ideally if I had someone next to me that knew it and can run me through it, I would be much better off at this point... Alright, well I am glad to be here and you guys all seem awesome and very informative. I am sure you will hear from me soon and hopefully I can contribute here one day...