Posts by Dan Kilford

So..... Ive been asked to do some work for a RATM Tribute band and I'm struggling to find an amp that works well in a live situation. What I want to do is load a Pedal board of effects onto a rig. Is this possible? Ive had a look around and either I'm searching for the wrong thing or I'm being dim witted.

Sorry if this question has been asked before.
    I own the powered rack KPA and want to set up patch bay on the rear of my rack so I set up and down a lot quicker than having to root around the back to find connections.

Does anyone know if there will be a problem with setting up a link for the remote and also the power amp.
    I imagine this will just be like adding an extension lead to both connections but have no experience of the Cat 5 cable and very aware that I would have to make sure that the power amp was not switched on if there was no where for the load to go.

Cheers in advance

Dan

Hi Guys,
    I'm a full time guitar and music teacher as well as function band player.
    I also play with a Red hot chilli pepper tribute band and have some festival gigs to play over the summer.
    I've had the KPA for about 24 hours now and I'm totally in love. The presets out of the box are incredible and the refracts are perfect for what I need.
    I really like the idea that I show up with my little rig, hand the soundman a L/R from the KPA and an out from my vocal processor and I'm sorted.

Does anyone have any John Frusciante style patches or know where to look for any song specific patches people may have made? :thumbup:

Sorted it.

Had to change the Midi send channel on the KPA to Omni and that it started working straight away. Not sure why it wasn't responding to the channel I had it programmed to. ????

Either way it works

So thanks very much for your help

Dan

Cheers Paults

Ive set the TC as an external device. I set it as 1 and set channel to 1 on both units.
    The KPA Performance slot is set to send a program change to 1 (seeing as its the first sound I need)
    There doesn't seem to be a way of setting an individual midi to each patch as the only controls on the TC are global.

I am way out of my depth with MIDI

Thanks Julai.
    It probably is easy... just not for me:-) I'm using the Profiler remote to change patches
    So I've linked from the Kemper out to the Tc in with 5 pin Midi cable.
    Both are set to Midi channel 1
    Tc has several options for CC with are CC-Ctrl off, GM basic or Advanced.
    on the kemper I've set it so that it will change midi device 1 to change program and Im still not getting anything.
    Am i missing something obvious??
    Thanks in advance

Hi,
    Just got my Kemper today and I'm loving it. Sounds great.

The problem is... I want to change patches on my TC helicon voice works so that each patch in performance mode brings up a corresponding patch for the vocals.

I can't believe I've never had to get my head around MIDI before now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:D