Posts by Wheresthedug

But there is a demand for an all-in-one floor unit a la Helix, Headrush, AX8, BOSS GT, Amplifire. Those units outsell their rack counterparts (with maybe an exception for the AX8). Of course that means more cables going in and out, etc, but clearly many players like having everything at their feet and are ok with that trade off.

I don't see any problem were Kemper to have a floor board version for players who want it while still having the head/rack/remote configurations available for those that don't.

I actually take the complete opposite view. I really respect CK and the team for sticking to their vision. You can’t be all things to all people. Too many business fail by trying to do so but end up spreading themselves too thin and end up not being the best at anything.

I’m not a “purist” who says ‘“good tone is good tone....” althought it is 😜

However, when I tried the Helix, AX8 and KPA, I Special chose the KPa Toaster because it WASN’T a floor unit. I don’t wantall the extra cables and the risk of drunks spilling stuff etc........ my mate uses the AX8 on a pedal board and its at least twice as much work to set up and strip down as my KPA plus Remote.

I know its very much personal preference but I don’t think its right to assume Kemper are failing to capitalise on the obvious market demand.

To answer your first part...yes. Just toggle (check mark on) the Monitor Cab/Off option in the OUTPUT menu parameters.

As far as your second issue, I am not sure what is going on. If you have Monitor Cab/Off enabled, ALL settings associated with the Cabinet module will be defeated on the Monitor/Speaker Output. In other words, The "High Shift" and "Low Shift" parameters should be disabled, and even if you radically adjust these settings, it should have zero effect, presuming you have selected the Monitor Cab/Off setting and are connected to a guitar cabinet via the Speaker Output (or Monitor Output) jack.

Perhaps Kemper Support #1 can advise on this matter.

I think there was a thread previously which said there was a bug that caused the cab off to not work properly but that the cause had been identified and would be fixed in a future OS update.

Another simple way to achieve what you want if you have enough slots available after Stack would be to put the Wah Volume in Slot X and set this to a +number for boost. You can then use the Wah pedal to give a variable level of boost as required when the slot is engaged..

This isn't possible because the Kemper input is mono … unless you use the loop in Stomp A to inject your Piezo pickup into the Parallel Patch at this point.

Yes that's how I tried running it. Guitar out 1 > KPA front input. Guitar Output 2 > Stomp A return (no send used). This way you can switch the piezo on and off without even touching the guitar. It works like a dream but is limited by two things:

1 - it isn't possible to send the signals to two independent channels on the desk.

2 - the parallel path is limited to 2 stomps and one of these is used for the Loop itself. The next thing I would like to see (and others have asked for something similar on various occasions) would be the ability to have any number of FX assigned to the main path or parallel path rather than a fixed 6 + 2 configuration.

This has been requested several times before to no avail.

As Don says, the current options are SUPPOSED to replicate the two speed of a real Leslie. However, this arguement falls flat for me on a number of points:

1 - real Leaslie cab are mechanical beasts and therefore prone to variations. So while the speeds may accurately represent one specific Leslie on any give day, there are plenty of others (or even the same one on a different day) where the speed is going to be different.

2 - later Leslies actually had a variable speed controller.

3. - its called Rotary not Leslie. Although a Leslie is by far the most common Rotary speaker there were also plenty of others. Even Mesa Boogie made a rotary guitar cabinet at one point.

4 - in other parts of the system (such as the Reverbs and delays for example) the KPA uses a massively flexible engine to allow users to craft the sound they want. Instead of haveing individual Ambience, Room and Hall setting now, the KPA simply has a Reverb that cab cover anything the user wants - including sounds that don’t exist in the real world. I can’t see any logic in not extending this to something as simple as Rotary Speed. It would be useful to be able to tweak the speed to match users requirements. I try not to use any external pedals with my Kemper as one of its key advantages is convenience. However, if I was doing a lot of gigs just now wher Rotary was a core part of the tone I would use my old Strymon Mobius instead of the Rotary in the KPA as it is so much more powerful.

As Nicky says, I don’t believe the hardwate can handle it.

However, a REALY useful feature for me would be the ability to pan the Stack to one side and the Parallel path to the other. I would want this mainly for running the Piezo to one channel on the desk and the regular pickups to another. But this would also allow you to put any “amp in a box” pedal in a a loop in Stomp A or B and pan it separately. For example I could run my Mesa V Twin pedal speaker emulated output to one side and a Marshall Plexi profile to the other. As there are now lots of pedals with speaker emulated outs this would give a lot of flexibility without the need for a second KPA

It will work fine for both the preamp and the Kemper.

However, you probably won’t get the best sound out of it. I tried this with my Mesa Triaxis. The sound was dull and lifeless compared to how it normally sounds. Then I did an alternative profile with a DI box between the speaker out of the 2:ninety power amp and the speaker. All of a sudden it came to life. The power amp has a massive impact on the overall sound so just profiling the preamp loses half the tone - unless of course you intend to run a profile of just the preamp into the valve power amp anyway.

I woul go to the Output menu and set it with the Monitor Output to Off. Then save this as an output preset. Then go back in and set the Monitor Output to Master Mono and set the Main Outs to Off. save this as another preset. You can save volume levels (or the On/Off status of the power amp in powered versions) in presets so you have to stor the actual asignement to the relevant output as off.

Name the two presets something like Recording and Jamming.

Then you can simply select the preset you want as required.

The best way to do a side by side comparison would be to record the Marshall on a session and take a DI track at the same time. Then swap the mic input from the desk/interface into the KPA and profile it . It will only take about 2 minutes to do but will remove all guess work from the mic positioning etc. Then reamp the profile woth the DI track you already recorded. All of the hard work os in setting up the mics etc for recording/profiling. Once you are happy with that it is a simple jub to make a live recording and profile back to back.