Posts by Wheresthedug

the first of the Lars Luetge files sounds really good to me. The second one sounds very muffled and would get lost in the mix.

I can’t reamp your DI at the moment as I am in between houses and can’t set any of my gear up.

I typically find around 200 -300hz is the zone I want to cut all the time. I have never been able to understand why the classic Mesa V GEQ curve has a big boost at 240hz which is smack in the middle of the mud zone for me.

thanks for advice. I think I'm getting there. Loaded a few Mesa MK IIc profiles & used studio eq to narrow the sound & it is tight. I think I'd misunderstood the EQ & not harnessed the power of it.

Much much happier with it.

if you want to get the Mesa Mark Series EQ effect then use the amp EQ set to Pre rather than Post. In this case it will adjust the frequencies being sent into the gain stages in the same as a real Mark Series amp does. You an use a GEQ in slot X too if you want the full experience.

Yes, I know what you mean. I actually do sometimes set mine up for piezo equipped guitars that way. However, I interpreted the OP question to mean a clean electric sound and a dirty electric sound. In this case you would get two sounds but with limited tone shaping on the clean sound so it wouldn’t really be the same as a dual amp setup.

basically, you use them to achieve whatever end result you are after. If you want to do the guitar volume effect without having to reach for the volume knob while playing then you could use the volume pedal set to input. If you want to use it for a solo boost you could use it with a limited range so that heel = rhythm and toe = solo. If you want to use it for violin swells you have the choice of in front of the amp where the volume will stay more consistent but the note will lose the attack OR you could put it after the Stack in which case the volume would swell in as well as the attack being softened.

Personally I don’t even use a volume pedal but I can understand many situations where someone might want to make use of it.

A lot depends on your interpretation of Wet and Dry. I noticed that you mentioned Clean and Dirty Which is effectively two different profiles. That can’t be done but there are a few ways to get a clean sound along with a dirty sound. However the clean sound will be a DI sound rather than an amp like clean.

However, if you want Dry on one and Delays/Reverb on an other (which most people see as Wet/Dry that is possible using the outputs that ST highlighted.

Yeah. Perhaps just as a "lock button assignments" feature.

the current lock function does lock the FX AND the buttons assigned to them so Kemper probably think the lock issue is already covered. However, the feature as I see it working would need to be added which allowed the button to Stomp/FX location relationship to be locked independently of the actual effect loaded in the location. I think that is what you were also suggesting but I wanted to clarify my thoughts for the benefit of the developers. ?

I have almost never had RM crash itself and have never had it crash my KPA. I do find it glitchy for saving and editing performances but certainly not prone to crashing. Most people seem to report very similar experiences. Something strange is going on with your personal setup I would try methodical troubleshooting and raise a ticket with support. If there is a bug in RM which is causing this they will want to know about it and sort it.

The input noise gate is an intelligent noise reduction system that removes noise from pickups etc and stops it being amplified by high gain amps and pedals. It is very transparent and almost unnoticeable unless set at quite high levels. However, the noise gate effect is a more aggressive “effect” which many people use to tighten up palm mutes etc rather than just remove noise.

The Kemper view seems to be that the Remote isn’t intended as a generic midi controller but rather a perfectly integrated solution for the KPA itself.

They seem to take the view that anyone using the Kemper as part of a larger midi system will make the KPA a slave rather than master controller. I can see where they are coming from on this one.

I have traditional midi foot controllers (including RJM Mastermind) which can act as a powerful midi nerve centre. However, I need to program them to do anything. I can do much more with them than the remote. However, I now leave them in a cupboard and use the remote as a simple plug and play controller for the KPA only. The ease of use of the Remote /KPA is the perfect solution for me as I no longer use any external midi devices in my rig since getting the KPA. However, if I was still using midi I wouldn’t bother with the Remote and would control everything with a dedicated midi controller.

I can see both sides of this one but it appears to be an ideological position so I don’t think it is likely to change anytime soon.

You could add analog switches and set them to control any module you want to. For example you could add a pair of dual footswitches assigned to Stomp A and B for one and Stomps C and D for the other. Then use the buttons I - IIII for the X to Rev FX. There are even companies making a single 4 button switch which would work nicely.

EDIT.

I’ve just noticed that you wanted midid control o pf those switches. That can already be done by sending the correct controller numbers. Pages 296 and 297 of the manual have the list of CC numbers.

do you need to run in Stereo? If not, you could use the main stereo outputs for both signals and use the Panorama control to send the signal to the appropriate channel on the desk. E.g. for electric store rigs with panorama full left but for acoustic pan all the way to the right output.