Posts by Wheresthedug

Tone is incredibly subjective and one man’s better is another man’s horrible.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Kemper can produce high gain tones that are as good as anything out there. I also have no doubt the AxeFX/Helix/QC can all produce similarly awesome tones. Which is better is simply personal taste. The main reasons to choose one over the other are features and workflow.

The grass always seems greener on the other side.

Just as an example, the most hyped piece of gear on the market just now is the Quad Cortex. So many people have been saying that it captures amps more accurately than the Kemper for both tone and feel/response. However, I watched a blind test video the other day (Tone Wars) where three different guitarists (all high gain players) each profiled an amp of their choice on both the KPA and QC. Then they played each along with a song and in isolation. At the beginning they were all expecting to see the new Kemper Killer reign supreme. However, when the scores were tallied an the amps revealed, all three had chosen the KPA as being closest in sound and feel to the real amp. These were all high gain players testing high gain sounds.

As I was watching the video, I kept choosing the same amp as they did and this became even more so the longer I had to listen. The QC became more and more tiring and ice picky the longer I listened.

Basically, the KPA can do high gain as well as anything its just a matter of personal taste which system suits your needs best. Remember, we are all guitarists and we are all suckers for new gear but in reality the gear we already have is almost always capable of much more than WE are.

Ok so now I’m sending master mono to my Boss katana which is there plugged in power amp.
    And to be honest now there’s no difference in sound anymore. I’ve tried it with Monitor Cab on and off and tweaked around a bit but not to much because I’m tired as hell.

are you sending master mono to the Monitor Output? If so there should be a noticeable difference with monitor cab on/off unless you are using a direct profile with no cabinet to turn on/off.

The current functionality or lack thereof is only-temporary, I thought Alan.

Logic dictates that they wouldn't remove the separation so many of us enjoy unless there was some sort of enhancement coming.

I think you might need to throw logic out the window Nicky. Burkhard seemed to imply this is a permanent change (like removing the ability to create section presets if you want to use RM editor) but I hope I'm wrong.

I think it is not right. You can change the name of presets in the right section of RM. Just rename it in the namefield and leave the field. I wish that return-button on keyboard will do the change but you must leave the field by clicking with mouse in the list in the middle of the screen.

Yes, you can type a name into the right tag fields but do you not need to create the preset by dragging first?

The question is not so much which output to use but which output SIGNAL to use. You can send most signals to most outputs.

In your case you probably want to send the Master Mono signal. It doesn’t really matter whether you send this to Main Outs or Monitor Outs. However, using Monitor Outs leaves the Main Outs free for something else which generally makes more sense.

Looks like it's only for the Stage ;( would be cool if theres a workaround for our old Toasters

Given Kemper’s philosophy of not leaving users behinds and making the user experience as similar as possible across all versions I would be surprised if they don’t have some sort of work around figured out for us non stage users. ???

-5 should be totally off and 0 should be normal volume.

Location works like a normal volume control. If you are using a high gain amp it will reduce distortion (gain) rather than volume in the Input position. In the output position it will make no difference to gain but will affect volume. The impact of this is much less with clean signals.

Funny thing is that many of us are talking about how convenient is the Quad Cortex with the touch screen and all... and all of a sudden there you go! Kemper has a touch screen. Actually a bigger and more responsive one.

With the advtage that you don’t need to have the main device sitting on a desk/chair/stand with all its cable getting in the way just to use it?

Thank you. But, i'm still not understanding. What you describe—i don't use the device itself for editing... i'm only using Rig Manager. Are you saying the RM duplicates what is in the hardware UI, even though the feature only works on the device?

If you load an FX Type on the KPA it just changes the type from say Phaser to Flanger but leaves all relevant parameters at the same settings. The same thing happens in RM if you right click on an FX block.

I am just thinking aloud here so I could be off on the details but I think the principle will work.

Set the Monitor Out to Stack and turn of the stack in the KPA. This should tap the signal path after all the Stomps. send this signal to the input of the combo.

Send the FX send from the combo to the Kemper return. Route the the FX send of the KPA to the combo return. Main out to Dly/Rev.

as long as you aren't feeding the same signal to the input of the F-30 you should be fine. The problem most people encounter with a parallel loop is phase cancellation between the direct and Fx signal paths. If you don’t have a direct path there shouldn’t be anything to cause cancellations.

You still save your own presets by dragging the FX block to the Presets window in RM and dropping them there. Unfortunately there is no save preset button or key command and no way to name the preset when saving. You need to locate the dropped preset then name it afterwards.