Posts by Wheresthedug

can you make a short video of the issue to let us hear exactly what type of noise we are talking about?

you need to figure out if it is a physical acoustic problem (guitar feedback, room resonance etc or an electrical problem.

is it happening at home or is this an on stage issue?

Do you have anything else in the signal chain? I used to get a problem has did many others) when running a delay in the Fx loop of a Mesa Dual rectifier. The cause was a little parallel signal bleeding through and sending the delay into self oscillation. Sometimes the cause can be found in the least expected places.

Even those usually aren't tapped in on the fly live, they're pre programmed to a specific setting or sync'ed with the drummers click track.

Yes, which I believe is why they use the light to make sure they are in time with the pre programmed tempo. If they were tapping it on the fly they wouldn’t need the light.

Another monster player that I keep coming back to again and again - Charlie Hunter. Right from his early days with rap band Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprocy through to his solo jazz stuff the guy is a beast.

I couldn’t imagine being able to play bass OR comping/soloing let alone do them all at the same time ?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ST that’s pure filth man!

The Santana is very nice but the Paul Jackson and SC Jumbo are totally hubba hubba hubba ?

I’ve never been a fan of the 594 thing but I think I could make an exception for your ? that top is unbelievable and it has P90s whats not to like ?

The only thing I wish I could change is the way it comes up to a scooped ridge all the way around the top. I've played Strats for decades and have grown accustomed to laying my arm on that smooth sloped surface. The PRS ridge feels like someone's whacking me with a sharp stick.

Dude !!! Wtf ? That “scooped ridge” is a recarve and its fundamental to the look of a carved top. It comes from the violin family and really highlights the carve. The PRS recarve is quite extreme but thats what makes the finish shine the way it does. Grow some flab on those arms and you’ll be fine ?

The PRS that finally made me join the cult was in fact a 2001 McCarty but it's just a sunburst, not the beautiful wood of yours. I picked it up in a mom & pop guitar store and just couldn't put it down. I'm a life long Strat guy but when I'm going to do a rock thing, it's the McCarty I reach for.

My first one was also a plain Jane vintage looking and instrument; DGT which is basically a McCarty with a trem and a second volume knob. Doesn’t look anything special (it i a 10 top and the flame is actually quite impressive in the flesh although it doesn’t photograph well), it had a few dings n the finish when I got it at about 5 years old but plays and sounds great.

The tap tempo LED is not an issue from my perspective. For myself and most players it's not required or ever used for live performances. If needed for practicing/timing, I simply use a metronome.

While I don’t really use much in the way of tempo synced effects (like Dynochrome I just tend to have a few basic settings for slapback, short, medium and long) I know a lot of people really do rely on temp synced delays. It’s not about practice where a metronome is the right tool but rather about live performance. Think all those Edge style dotted 8th rhythms for example. They want to use the light as the count in to make sure they start in time with the rhythmic delay.

Not something I really need but I can still see the use. Even in my situation I would still find it more useful than dual profiles or a touch screen display.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Bill Frisell recently. Absolutely love his playing. It is incredibly eclectic ranging from traditional American folk music to surf to jazz standards to some really out there shit. ?

two albums in particular I keep going back to. His tribute to Surf Music “Music In The Space Age” and Unspeakable. Here’s a couple of clips but check out the whole albums.

Yeah, I know that. But many of the rock gods would just turn down the volume on the guitar for more overtones in the clean tones. That doesn't seem to work so well with the Kemper. The low gain profiles just sound better.

I suppose a lot depends on the guitar. Most of mine have a treble bleed capacitor on the volume knob so they clean up great with the Kemper. I typically run 3 - 4 gain range and roll it back to clean up.

One thing you can do is use a mid to higher gain rig and morph the gain down for the same effect as turning down the guitar volume. I made about 10 test profiles of my THD BiValve non master volume amp with the volume ar every hour on the clock face and compared the original rig to a higher gain rig with the gain reduced to match the original rig and they didn’t sound the same. However, reducing the gain did actually sound pretty much identical to turning down the guitar volume. The test profiles are in RigExchange of you want to test it yourself.

make a performance

In slot 1 use a rig with gain at say 3.

In slot 2 use a rig with gain around 5.

In slot 3 use the same rig as slot 2 but reduce the gain to the same number as slot 1 shows.

In slot 4 use the same rig as slot 1 but increase the gain to match the rig in slot 2.

Now compare the pairs and compare higher gain with guitar volume reduced.

I think they were direct profiles if I remember correctly so you will need to load a cabinet as well or use them with imprints.

Flanger

The Flanger effect shares the same heritage as the Phaser, and the resulting sound is somewhat related, too. We therefore we put both in the same effect family, with color code magenta (purple). However, the Flanger is not based on analog filter technology, but on very short bucket-brigade delays.

The parameter set for the flanger is almost the same as that of the phaser; only the parameters “Peak Spread” and “Stages” are not available. Thanks to the overlapping parameter set, you can use TYPE to switch back and forth between phasers and flangers without altering the basic parameter values.

✓You can find a similar flanger, called Wah Flanger, in the group of Wah Effects that can be controlled by the Wah Pedal.

It interesting that the Flanger is based on very short Bucket Brigade Delays which may be appropriate for replicating many pedals. However, Flanging isn’t necessarily a BBD effect as the original flanging effects were done with tape machines (hence the name flanging). I wonder if Flanger is a candidate for an overhaul like the ODs got with the Kemper Drive? In fact maybe the entire modulation section might be worth looking at to expand it beyond the current specific effect emulations?