Posts by Wheresthedug

You have a few options all of which are simple to test.

You like your own 2x12 cabinet so firstly try running the KPA into this for the Tribute Band.

If this gets you close then make some direct or merged profiles of your own Road King settings and run these through the 2x12. If you do merged then you can have your sound on stage and still send direct to FOH. If you only do Direct then you will need to add a cabinet for FOH or have them mic your 2x12.

Alternatively, buy a couple of Jones and stick them in your 2x12.

In all cases I would definitely try making your own profiles of your personal Road King tones. Nobody knows the tone you want better than you.

Yeah for sure I am not buying one of those. Too much for an expression. I'll try my penny idea tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to be more careful taking my foot off of toe down. It works OK now but slightly unpredictable and live, I don't want to have to re tap.

They are massively over priced for what they are and they aren't even great as expression pedals but they are the perfect soluolution for wah.

I don't trust any of the bypass@...... Options as pedals move by themselves as they age and stage vibration can also cause them to trigger. The only soluolution I trust is a physical switch but I don't want to tapdance between the remote and my way so the Mission is unfortunately the only game in town other than DIY alteration to an old Crybaby (which is a cheap and simple job if you want to do it).

You idea of allowing a slight buffer on the range would work well though so might be worth raising it in the feature request section.

I just did a bit of great googly moogly and it looks like Gibson filed their Lawsuit in 1977 but it only covered the Gibson Open Book head stock design. They settled out of court and Ibanez changed the head stock design to the one on @Finally's guitar. That doesn't tie up with with Finally's time line though and the internet is full of misinformation so basically I don't know ^^

Personally, I think the whole dual-amp thing has more to do with getting feature parity with Helix and Fractal. "They both do it...and so should Kemper!!"

i happen to agree about dual amps but that’s also just my personal opinion.

however, I have also said on numerous occasions that one of the things that impressed me so much about Kemper’s way of working is that rather than just saying we can do it lets go for it.They alway question what problem are we solving? What is the real benefit and who benefits from it? Will it really make things better or just add complexity and feature bloat.

there are many reasons to change or upgrade a piece of gear but “me too” was never a good business case for anything.

BayouTexan  Kulle_Wumpenteich I have an early 80’s Westone Thunder IIA which was my first proper guitar. Made in Japan and wonderfully made. In the mid 80’s when I was going through the whole Yngwie phase I made the mistake of butchering it by having the fretboard scalloped. I also had one pickup removed and the cavity filled. Respeayed Ferarri Red (I was going to have a ferarri badge added under the clearcoat but never got round to it). I stripped out all the active electronics and remover 2 of the 3 knobs.. I added new bridge pickup with just a single volume knob. I regret it immensely. Know the only knob on that guitar is me ?‍♂️

My main gig guitar for about 20years was an early 90’s Levinson Blade R4 made in Japan. Super high end guitar. A total Strat killer and better than any Fender I ever played. In fact I got rid of a Strat Ultra (I think that was the name -roller nut and Lace Sensor pickups) for the Blade and it was a major step up.

I haven’t really tried but obviously Alan’s secret sauce was his little Super Champ and magic fingers.

I’m not sure if Martin Waugh is on the forum or not but Martin os a tone monster and killer player who is a massive Alan Murphy fan (he has Alan’s famous GoWest white Aria). He recently switched from big Mesa rigs to a Kemper Stage. If anyone can nail the Alan Murphy sound its Martin.