Posts by Wheresthedug

I’ve never seen anything like this at my end. The only two things I can think of are a software bug in the Kemper (which would affect all users) or perhaps your FAW or midi controller is sending a midi/nrpn message accidentally.

Ruefus - I really appreciate you getting back to me. I live in a small city where it's impossible to try out any gear before I buy. I have to order online and there is no returning either, unless the product is defective. I'm very new to this. The Dunlup DVP4 is more than 2x the price of the Hotone where I am.

Based on you suggestion, im thinking Ill get htis, while it may have addl features, its quite budget priced and I'll just use the expression out to the Kemper Player. What do you think?

https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/press/Ampero-II-Press

Never seen that before but ot looks like a good alternative to the Mission EP1 👍

Firstly male sure the TRS cable is in the correct output on the EP1. One works is used for the expression pedal while the other (TS) is for the toe switch). They aren’t interchangeable.

Next I would load a wah preset rather than a blank Wah effect to make sure you have something that is definitely set up to work properly.

Make sure the Pedal Type is set to Wah in the system menu.

It should work fine but the player is an extremely limited choice for FX only. There are much better FX options available for the same price or less. The main selling point of the Player is the Amp and Cab sections.

The switch is obviously set a little too low. The switch has two nuts on it and uses the same system for adjustment ad the Crybaby and others. Mine was too low for my taste originally but its dead easy to tailor to personal preference.

The height of the switch is adjusted by loosening one nut and tightening the other. In your case you would loosen the inside nut and tighten the outer one which raises the switch nearer to the pedal.

I actually see this somewhat differently.

At the moment I don’t use folders in RM because RM lacks proper search functionality which makes folders more of a hinderance than a help.

If the search functionality was updated to allow searching within sub folders then the ability to import folder structures would be useful but without it I still see a folder free workflow as a better option.

The Player supports locking for Volume Pedal and Tempo, not for effect modules nor input section.

Thanks for clarifying that Burkhard. It would be fantastic to see the full locking functionality from the big brothers added. Like many people I typically use at least on or two FX which are consistent to every (or at least the vast majority) of rigs. In my case this is Wah and Reverb. I don’t use much reverb ever but like to have just a touch of room ambience all the time.

Another reason the lock function is super useful is for auditioning rigs. I want to know what the core Amp/Cab sounds is like and compare these in a like for like fashion. When auditioning say a Marshall JMP from several sources the core of the rig is often completely obliterated by the wash of FX that some profilers use. Therefore , I typically Lock All but Amp and Cabinet when trying rigs. This is fine for those of us with both a traditional KPA and a Player as we can audition everything using the big KPA before transferring the final selection to the Player but if I only had the Player it would be a real nuisance constantly turning FX on and off and having to save the rigs in the FX off state to be able to A/B them.

Damn. I was hoping you were going to say there was a DAW or interface with built in fx for direct monitoring (Like my MOTU UL5) which could have explained the issue.

Is it doing it on headphones from the KPA too? Just trying to narrow down whether the source is the KPA or the Powered Kabinet.

I thought i had an issue similar to that at one point but it turned to be the volume pedal and the Tuner@0 function. Even if i was tweaking something in the menus, as soon as I touched the volume pedal the KPA jumped back to normal usage. I am fairly sure that is intended behaviour so I have just turned off Tuner@0 and have never had an issue since.

What is the Odd Ball amp you are referring to?

I’m also not totally sure what I’m looking at in the graph. Passive tonestacks like almost every valve amp ever made are highly interactive. The position of the Treble pot affects the performance of the Bass and Mids. The position of the Bass knob affects the performance or Treble and mids etc. what does the frequency plot represent in this example (ie where are the other knobs when each is at 0 or 10)?