Posts by Wheresthedug

How to get a “worship” guitar tone?

take a great Vox style amp (Vox, Matchless , Morgan etc) running in the sweet spot around the edge of breakup. Marvel in the gloriously juicy tone coming from your amp. Then, completely obliterate it with so much delay and reverb that the guitar sounds like is bobbing around in a sonic ocean and you can no longer hear anything meaningful ?

sorry in advance for being an arse. I know that sound does work for many players but its way over the top for my liking. The first thing I need to do with most profiles is remove about 90% of the delay and reverb ?

i have really enjoyed this thread and respect all the opinions in it. I have been trying to think through stormhenge ’s argument that it is a foregone conclusion that a closed ecosystem DRM world will kill Kemper etc. No matter how I play it out I just can’t find a scenario where her doomsday scenario happens. Only time will tell but I certainly hope the DRM model isn’t the future.

I feel so stupid for not noticing this earlier but..............

I just found out that, not only can you change values by clicking and dragging the mouse (yes I did know about the SHIFT command for fine editing, but if you click on a control you can change its value with the scroll wheel on the mouse 8)8)8)8)8)8)

That's a game changer for me! No quite as much of a game changer as beeing able to double click and type a value on the keyboard would be, but an awesome feature nonetheless :)

I would set the H9 as device 1 and timeline as device 2 and send the relevant data (such as program change numbers) to each

From the manual:

“Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode

MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to external devices (maximum 2), whenever a Slot gets loaded in Performance Mode. You can, for instance, use this to switch presets, or to control parameters, of effects devices by other manufacturers that are connected to the effect loop of the PROFILER.

✓As soon as you select MIDI THRU to transmit MIDI commands by Slot the PROFILER will stop forwarding incoming MIDI data to the MIDI THRU.

Transmitting Pedal Controllers for Morphing, Wah, Volume, and Pitch to Two External Devices

The four pedal controllers for Morphing (control change #11), Wah (control change #1), Volume (control change #7), and Pitch (control change #4) can also be sent via MIDI to those two external devices configured on the “Perform Mode: MIDI” page in System Settings. This works even if the expression pedals are connected to the PROFILER directly, or to the PROFILER Remote. To enable this feature please select the “Pedals to MIDI” option in System Settings.

MIDI 276

• In System Settings, navigate to “Performance Mode: MIDI” page. Please note that this page is only accessible in

Performance Mode.

• Use the soft knobs to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices.

• Use soft buttons to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI

THRU. The MIDI THRU is not available at PROFILER Stage.

• For your convenience, you can also assign meaningful names to the two external devices using soft buttons.

• Press “Edit, “Slot Settings” > “MIDI Settings”, then select the MIDI program change numbers associated with the currently loaded Slot. Repeat this step for every Slot you intend to send MIDI program changes from.”

i don’t personally use midi control from my DAW so am not the best person to answer specific questions. However, I believe the difference is hat the AxeFx has a built in audio and midi interface so no external interface is required at. Whereas, the KPA has no audio/midi interface built in so needs and interface at the computer end to send it midi data.

You'd still have those who could pay a license fee to the manufacture for the right to profile and distribute, so you'd still get the same paid products you already have, but the manufacturer is still retaining value, and is still incentivized to keep innovating.

I fully appreciate that there could be a license agreement but I still don’t see any benefit to users or Kemper so I can’t see any reason whatsoever why Kemper would want to go down that route. It just looks like a lose/lose deal to me.

Eh, I see you liked the "wow it's refreshing and inspiring to see a woman hold her own" comment. I think that comment has no place here.

the difference was that was a positive comment while your appeared to be a negative and (in your own words cheeky) comment. However, your mrecent explanation paints a different picture.

i was also liking this statement which is totally independent of any gender implications so my comment does have a place here ?

I do admire style, finesse, and the ability to remain unflappable in the face of multiple points of opposition.

Dr Z. started making his own because the public ones were not representative of his product. A lot of what is out there lives in this arena.

For me that is a poor example as the DrZ official pack is one of the least inspiring pack I have ever purchased. There are plenty of great profiles of DrZ amps but for me personally none of them are in the official pack.

The market is completely oversaturated.

No argument from me here ? unfortunately a lot of the rubbish os from commercial profilers who would be able to implement DRM signed profiles in the proposed closed ecosystem. I still can’t see any argument to add DRM to the KPA.

then a bunch of people on thegearpage are equally wrong. It doesn’t matter how many of them say it the facts don’t change. The main output is line level regardless of whether it is XLR balanced or TS unbalanced. The difference in output from +22dBu XLR to +16dBu TS is 6db which is the difference between any balanced and unbalanced signal.

you should be aware that thegearpage is full of people who haven’t a clue what they are talking about but like to talk anyway. As James Brown would say “talking loud and saying nothing “ ?