Posts by Wheresthedug

Don’t worry about missing out on anything, Kemper Cabs are basically IRs on steroids. ?

An IR is similar in concept to profiling a speaker and mic only without the amp portion. However, the way a speaker reacts WITH an amp is a two way street due to the impedance curve of the speaker interacting with the amp’s output transformer. A Kemper Studio profile captures all of this whereas an IR only captures the Speaker and Mic without the amp interaction.

What sometimes makes people feel IR are better or more flexible is that some of the IR loaders which are available for use in a DAW or as standalone applications can simulate the effect of not only changing mics and speakers but also moving the mic position. I am not an expert on how this is actually achieved but it appears to be a combination of swapping IRs, and modelling the blend of different IRs to create the impression of actually moving the mic etc.

Cabs are at least as good as IRs (arguably better) but the choice of what works for any one person is just personal taste rather than quality.

the editor doesn’t control the looper. However, you can control it with midi or if it is only for tweaking profiles a simple 2 button footswitch will work instead of the remote.

i don’t run stereo but have often used 2 separate 1x12 in mono rather than a 2x2 because it gives better sound spread on stage and is easier to carry.

If you want to go stereo in a 2x12 consider wiring for stereo/mono use. I did this to a Mesa Recto 212 by replacing t he through jack with a second input. The new input is a stereo plug which acts as switch. One plug in gives both speakers in mono. Plug the second one in and the switch automatically splits the signal to two separate speakers for stereo use. You can find the wiring diagrams easily on the internet.

yes, it is allowed to tag someone from Kemper.

I still think you can achieve what you want up to a point at the moment. You can run two signals from your DAW into the Kemper but they will be mono rather than hard panned left and right, in order to get stereo reamped guitars you would need two profiles which can’t be done with the current hardware. The Stack section is mono. The signal only splits to stereo from Slot X onwards.

howeever, you can sum two guitar in the DAW and send a mono signal of both guitar parts through the Kemper at the same time.

yes. I think I actually tried it about 2 years ago and got decent results (my memory isn’t what it used to be though). Personally, I have no need for it as the Kemper Cabinet section is as good as any IR so I don’t use IRs. Even if you make an IR it will need to be converted to a Cabinet to use with the KPA so there is no benefit unless you plan to use the IR with other decices.

I am not a metal player but I have a Mark V:25, Studio .22, Two Channel 100w Dual Rectifier and a Triaxis with 2:ninety power amp. I never use any of them anymore. For home use even the .22 and Mark V:25 are way to loud to get a good tone from so I use the KPA. For rehearsals the powered Kemper head works great into a real cab or plugged into the studio PA. For live, powered head is plenty on stage if anything else is needed main outs to the FOH and you have everything covered.

as others have said, you can make a preset from any rigs cab but that involves making a preset and creating a lot of information to search through later. I would only make presets of my absolute favourites that I know I am going to reuse regularly.

for auditioning cabs i would use the LOCK function in RM. right click on the Cabinet section and select lock all but cabinet. Now select any rig you want and only the cabinet will load. Once you are happy with a cabinet you can do lock all but amp or just lock the cabinet itself and load the DAP rigs you want to try.

i only ever have a handful of rigs on the KPA itself.

In RM I don’t use many folders either. As the current RM structure doesn’t allow searching of sub folders from their parent folder I find adding folders actually makes it harder to find things. Instead I leave them in relatively few folders and use the search field to find stuff. Rather than have clean, crunch, drive etc I just order the search results by gain level etc.

are you using the AS on its own or do you have the Stack block turned on. The AS is designed to work with the Stack Block turned off.

how is you Clean Sense set?

could those noises actually be string buzz that isn’t noticeable on regular profiles but gets exaggerated by the AS? The sim massively boosts high frequencies so if the input has anything dodgy it could get emphasised by the AS.

I’m just thinking aloud

i’m not sure I fully understand this request.

if you are saying that you would reamp two guitars to play different profiles simultaneously, i’m prety sure that isn’t possible with the current hardware.

if you are saying that both reamped signals would go through the same profile, can you not already achieve this by simply routing both DI guitar tracks to the same output in the DAW?

If you want to profile a pedal you need to do it with the amp at the same time. You need to out the pedal between the Direct Out and the Amp not between the guitar and Kemper input. If you put the pedal between guitar and Kemper only the Amp will be profiled.

the is no way to add a profile of an overdrive pedal to an existing profile of an amp unless you have two Kempers.