Posts by Wheresthedug

I apologize if this answer is available somewhere else, I can't seem to find it.

Can you have a different imprint set per preset? As in, when I change presets, the imprint can change as well?

not yet but Kemper have said it will follow in an update.

sorry, i misread your problem and interpreted it the wrong the way round.

When you save a rig it should save the effects settings exactly as they were at that point in time. If you change them in another rig and save them you should have two different sounding rigs.

Are you making the changes in RM or on the KPA itself.

once you have set the effect the way you like it. Drag the effect block to the preset library. It will now become a preset that you can drag and drop into any rig/performance you want from now on.

I think I saw Burkhard say in another thread that it was only hidden to stop people accidentally messing it up but it could still be accessed if required. I could be wrong so I’m sure he will confirm it one way or the other when he gets a moment.

i think what G String was trying to emphasise is that anything on your Profiler should automatically sync to RM3 but it will be in the My Profiler sub folders unless you manually copy it to the local library. There are separate My Profiler folders for Rigs, Presets and Performances. You need to manage these manually. The idea is that RM contains everything but you only copy over the stuff you currently need to the KPA using the My Profiler folders. This makes it easier to navigate on the KPA during a gig or rehearsal and speeds up startup times etc.

sorry to hear you are having problems. For me it was the total opposite. I loved the KPA compared to Line6 and Fractal etc because I found it simpler and more intuitive to an old school valve amp mentality.

I plugged Kemper in my clean amp and browsed the profiles installed in Browse mode and played the whole list. Found some I liked. Went back to the top of the list but somehow it was much shorter than the first time. Many I wanted to play again were missing.

it sounds like you activated one of the filters on the KPA that narrow the browser down to things like current author, bass only, favourites etc. Make sue it shows all rigs.

I installed Rig Manager on a laptop and connected it. I had many more profiles, and it's not apparent what is Rig Manager (only) and what's on the Kemper itself. Updated the Kemper using Rig Manager to the latest firmware and rebooted. Found many profiles I liked that were shared others, and imported some free ones I found online from some of the pro producers. Played those.

in RM the folder structure on the left side has Local Library (on the computer) and My Profiler. If you want to transfer things from RM to KPA just copy and paste or drag and drop from Local Library (or its subfolders) to My Profiler. Unless it’s in the MyProfiler folder it isn’t going to show up when you aren’t connected to RM.

• show me the difference between a profile / rig / performance / morph

profile = the raw amp with or without speaker (basically the amp block)

rig = a full signal chain containing Stomps, Amp and Effects plus any input settings if the input menu isn’t locked.

performance = a set of up to 5 rigs grouped together primarily for live use.

morph = a system for changing settings in Fx, Amps etc in real time. Basically think of it like midi CC via an expression pedal and you won’t be far off. The KPA doesn’t use midi to achieve it and, as a result it can do some amazing things you might not be able to do with midi. Almost any parameter(s) can be assigned to a single exp or button and made to change between the two states. This can be an either of change using a switch (either instant or faded at a preset rate) or fully controllable via an expression pedal.

• show me where things are saved from where I save them (saving performances updates rigs? or profiles? and goes back to Rig manager how?)

Local Library = on your computer

My Profiler = on the Kemper.

within each option you have sub folders for Rigs, Presets and Performances. Actually, it’s arranged the other way round this is how I think of it. In RM you have Rigs which can be in My Profiler, Local Library or Rig Exchange. Then you have Presets which can in Local Library or My Profiler, then Performances which can also be in either location.

I imagine somebody here had to start from where I am now. Where did you learn and how did you get going?

the videos on the Kemper website and the main manual which you download from the site. Once you get your head round the basic structure and the fact that some of the naming is a bit strange it is really very simple and logical.

Hope that helps. Have fun orientating your self. Once you get it you want look back.

input settings are global IF locked. If you don’t have them locked then they are saved as part of the performance. Be aware that Input Settings are also independent between browser mode and performance mode so it is possible to lock them in performance mode but have them be rig specific in browser mode or vice versa.

i’ve ordered the Kone but afterwards I noticed that Kemper are saying it’s not suitable for close micing!

Why would it not be suitable for close micing?
    This is most peoples preferred mic technique for guitar, after all…

regular guitar speakers only have a single cone which you can mic without any problems.

however the Kone has a regular speaker PLUS a second smaller speaker (whizzer cone) when you close mic these you will have a potential imbalance between the low and high frequencies and probably some strange artefacts in tue range where the whizzer kicks in. Also, I would expect there could be phase issues between the two cones as you move the mic around at such close proximity.

fortunately, this doesn’t matter as the Kone is intended for personal monitoring only. The sound going to FOH or recording generally comes straight from the Main Output without the need to be miced.

Just tried a little experiment.

As expected, sending the Master Mono signal via the Direct Out or Main Out into a separate power amp driving the Kabinet gives a very dull and lifeless sound. This should be the same signal path as running the Monitor Out with Kemper Kone Disabled and Cabinet Off Disabled. In this case we are getting the natural "full range" sound of the Kone speaker with the profile's cabinet section on. This is the best way I can think of to replicate running a Helix or similar into the Kabinet and trying to use it as a replacement for FRFR.

The Kone speaker certainly doesn't seem to be a flat full range speaker without whatever magic the Kone DSP software carries out. Once the Kemper Kone is Enabled via the KPA everything starts to sing again and sound much more lifelike.

actually being able to double click any of the knobs would be great! You can't adjust delay settings this way yet... you have to try an move the knobs... not so easy

agreed, it would be great to be able to click and type values. However, are you aware that if you hold SHIFT while move the knobs it goes into fine tuning mode which makes it possible to accurately set values.

If an fx is created with my unit, it is not created into RM ?

it should be showing under the preset folder for My Profiler in RM rather than the Local Library folder. They don’t automatically sync so that you can decide what to have on your profiler rather than fill it up with lots of stuff you aren’t using.