Posts by Wheresthedug

I have a out 15 guitars that I use although I only ever take two to a gig or rehearsal ( a main and a spare but these change from gig to gig depending on how I feel that day). I have never needed to adjust distortion sense since I got my power head in 2018. I honestly have no idea why its there but if some people have a use for it and it’s important to their workflow then I respect that too,

Yeah, my bad. I was thinking that stack/amp volume could effect input levels to the following blocks differently like clipping into the delay or something, but they are the same. I've just always used rig volume by default. You forced me to re-read the manual and Amp Volume is the recommended parameter to create unity levels between rigs while Rig Volume is to create unity volume within setlists. Sorry if I led anyone astray.

One of the great things about the kemper is that there are often several ways to skin the same cat :)

thanks , that’s clear for me !

The bug is the following : changing the volume from the rig section of the rig manager has no impact. Doing the same from the pedal update correctly the rig volume from the rig section and works well (and can be saved)

I hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks for your support !

It is working perfectly for me using both the Player Knob and Rig Manager so it doesn't look like a bug. How are you loading the Rig for editing and how are you saving it once edited?

The common tendency is to always turn everything up when the solution is often to turn one or two things down. Volume creep is a real issue but it is something we should all focus on avoiding at outset rather than trying to fix things afterwards.

I don’t understand how you managed to end up with any rigs hitting maximum rig volume. If clean sense is set properly most rigs should be able to fall within +/-2 or 3 db in all but the most extreme scenarios.

As Larry said taking the cover off is probably easiest and safest way. However, if this isn’t an option a few other tricks can be used.

One option is to dab a little super glue on the end of a dowel or drill bit and push this into the socket to stick to the tip and pull it out.

Another option is to drill it out with a reverse thread drill bit (screw remover).

As dfdfan said, rig volume ismfor balancing levels BETWEEN rigs. Master volume is for setthe outto the PA and once set for the night you shouldn’t need to touch it. If you need to change your onstage level during the gig unlink the Master Volume from the Main Output and link it to the Monitor Output.

This is not the same as adjust the amp volume in the stack section as rig volume will not affect the overall sound of the rig itself.

Amp Volume and Rig Volume are the same thing unless you have a volume sensitive effect like Compression or Drive/Boost after the stack. In all other situations they do the same thing.

That’s good to know that it’ll be in the next update. I don’t understand why they would intentionally disable that feature for the player. I can understand the limitation of effects but some of these interface features should be consistent across all their products. I really cannot wait for the next Kemper update. Another info they shared with me that will Be in the next update is the ability to assign a midi channel for the player. Right now it’s only on Omni. The manual stated it was possible but the feature isn’t there yet.

That’s not what I was trying to say unfortunately. I was told it was intentionally omitted and that I was the only person that had asked for it. The implication being that it was unlikely to be added in future unless enough users start asking.

Oh that makes sense. But sad that they don’t have a basic feature like this available for the player.

Add it in the feature request section of the forum. When I asked if it was a bug, something that hadn’t been implemented yet but would be in the next update I was told it was intentional and that I was the only person who was asking for it anyway. It does seem like an oversight to me unless they are already working on a replacement methodology for Lock on all machines but I don’t think that’s very likely.

I don't have dead-zones. I just opened one up to look at the mechanism and the motion of the pot is 1:1 with the treadle. ?(

That’s interesting to hear. The dead zones are part of the design and are well reported by many users. Even C Kemper mentioned this in one of the posts on this forum. It crops up on forums for other devices too including the Fractal forum. In my case I know they exist from personal experience but it seems I am not alone. I wonder if you just got lucky or if yours were modified before you bought them.

Yes some volume pedals handle expression perfectly because they were designed to. I have both the Boss FV-500H & FV-500L. They both have dedicated exp. jacks. But the 30 series is not capable.

The 500 series prices aren't kind, but I found one at a goodwill for $35 and the other from Japan for $30 just days apart. But regardless, these have to be the most rugged and robust pedals I've ever stepped on. Even more solid than good old Crybaby housings. They are incredibly designed so I can see their MSRP's being fair. But if you can grab one used, jump on it.

Many people love the FV500 including Bert Meulendijk. I bought one on his recommendation and agree they are unbelievably solid. However, I no longer use it as I hate the dead spot at each end of the travel which can’t be dialled out. They are also enormous and weigh more than a small planet 🤣

Spantik7000 I can highly recommend themZoom FP02M as a great expression pedal at a reasonable price.

High impedance is correct for an analog volume pedal with guitar.

A volume pedal is generally not a good choice to use as an expression pedal as expression pedals have linear taper pots but volume pedals have logarithmic (audio) taper pots. You would need to rewire the output for a TRS (stereo) cable to make it work. When using a modified volume pedal as an expression pedal you tend to end up with all the adjustment available only in a very small area of the travel then everything drops off a cliff.

Some volume pedals (such as FV500) have two pots and separate outs to allow them to be used in either situation but it doesn’t look like the FV30 is one of them.