Posts by Wheresthedug

You raise many valid points. Rig Manager is a crucial part of the Kemper system (much more so than a software editor) and at the moment it is not fit for purpose.

Most people are saying “how hard can it take so long to design a software editor?” And “it isn't that hard if one guy can come up with atoast Me on his own” etc. Which I am sure is correct.

I am sure that Kemper have the editor working perfectly (and probably have for some time). However, I would put money on the fact that the real delay for the editor release is actually the Rig Manager part of the system (the editor is actually an integral part of the new RM system from what I can make out). Updates about the editor seem to imply that the issues are communication related and I take that to suggest RM and KPA communication. If that is correct I think we are in for a massively improved Rig Management solution when it is finally released.

When tue new editor finally arrives I am sure ai will play with it for a while but I fully expect to keep editing on the KPA using physical knobs. However, a property integrated RM will be an absolute game changer - that is what I am eagerly waiting for ?

I’m pretty sure the editor delay has nothing to do with design or features at this stage but rather the bugs in the OS which are causing difficulties in getting both to speak to each other properly.

Volume pedals don’t work in the pedal inputs. The pedal inputs need an expression pedal as there is no audio passes through pedal inputs.

If you want to use a volume pedal you need to use it between the guitar and inout of the Kemper or in the Kemper FX loop (send to VP in then VP in to FX return) the FX loop will need to be active for this to work. An expression pedal is a better solution as there is no audio degradation.

In the situation you describe you would need the volume control to be after the Stack section so if using a VP it would need to go in a loop.

There is a logic to it on the Toaster and Rack. i presume the Stage should be the same although it wouldn’t surprise me if there is a bug at the moment.

The basic rule is that the amp name should change if the slot hasn’t been renamed manually. Once it is renamed, then any future amp changes don’t change the slot name. So if you want slots to be named after the amp don’t rename them. However, if you want slots to be called something like Verse, Chorus etc then Kemper assumes you don’t want to have to re type this every time you change profile. That’s the basic logic anyway. I haven’t checked recently to see if it is actually working with the latest OS though.

You are overestimating the equal loudness curve effect. I believe the gerneral advice is that you should listen and make critical decisions about 80db - 85db but below any level of discomfort and bearing in mind safe listening periods for the level being used. Below around 80db the mids become progressively more pronounced compared to hi and low frequencies. However, once you hit the 80db range the effect level off considerably so a few db up or down between performances shouldn’t need any different eq to compensate.

Hi

Maybe because you are using a "Stereo delay" with 2 different time settings ? ? :/

Cheers ;)

The stereo delay doesn’t use two different time settings though so that can’t explain it. In all cases where there are two or more different delay times the secondary delays are set as a ratio of the primary delay so the tap tempo should only reflect the primary delay time.

People have been complaining about the erratic tap tempo light since dinosaurs walked the earth ?

No idea. Haven’t seen the TJ video.

We are definitely in a transition period which should have been finished over a month ago but the editor delay is undoubtedly related to these sorts of issues.

There are plenty of great bass rigs in the factory content. Set the browse wheel to show Bass Rigs only. I love some of the Ampegs, and Tone Hammer profiles. For something more old school there are some nice fender rigs too.

You will need to keep the looper as the Kemper looper os more of a toy really. It is great for auditioning profiles and for sending a phrase to an amp when setting up mic positions for making new profiles but it is pretty limited as a live tool.

I don’t use any other pedals with my Kemper toaster though. I have an old pedal board with a Strymon Mobius and Timeline aling with a TC Hall of Fame reverb, Fulltone Full-Drive 2, a fuzz, MXR Distortion, Cali 76 Compressor, Whammy DT and Dunlop Wah. All controlled from an RJM Mastermind PBC. However, I haven’t even taken the lid off the case in well over a year now.

Rather than taking anyone else's advice about pedals, i would strongly recommend doing a simple A/B test with each of your existing pedals against the Kemper FX. If you can get as good a sound or close to as good for your own ears then make your life easier and ditch the external pedal. You will be pleasantly surprised by the Kemper Delays and Reverbs. The OD might not be right for you but in my case they are close enough that simplicity outweighs any marginal tonal difference. The Kemper Wah and Transpose Pedal are easily as good as my Dunlop and Whammy to my ears bit many others feel strongly the other way so make your own mind up.

The only pedal from my old rig that I miss is the Cali 76 Compressor as the Kemper Compressor is OK but doesn’t introduce the unique character of something like the Cali 76. The Kemper is more transparent

If thats what you want then the Kemper compressor is good enough to not ned an external pedal either.

A sheet of aluminium is easy enough to get from any metal supplier or even ebay. Getting one with holes would be harder. However, aluminium is pretty soft so you can easily drill holes of any size you want at any location you need with just a regular diy hand drill and a few cheap metal drill bits.