Posts by Wheresthedug

Just a thought but do you have any FX Presets loaded in the rig? Have these been tweaked in anyway at all?

I wonder if this is a byproduct of the new preset feature that some people asked for (which has now been added) that always shows what preset a current setting was originally based on. It is conceivable that the E is showing because an effect preset has been tweaked and the system now need to keep track of any edits indefinitely to know what the original preset was.

Good point. I think it might become less of an issue when the Rig Manager 3 Editor arrives though. I’m pretty confident the ability to manage cabs will be in there along with presets etc. I have no inside knowledge or confirmation on this just a hunch so only time will tell.

I would recommend using a dedicated midi controller like the RJM Mastermind or Voodoo Labs Ground Control for that. The Kemper its self isn’t designed to send midi. The Kemper Remote is the perfect pedal for a Kemper only setup but if you need midi for other parts of a system it isn’t a good match as it doesn’t use midi natively.

I have an RJM Mastermind PBC from before I got the Kemper and a Remote which I got after I bought the Kemper. The Remote is totally seamless with the KPA and needs no programming skills which I really like so I use it all the time. However, if I needed to do programming anyway for other parts of my rig I would use the Mastermind which is much more powerful.

I thought you mean ground lift. Damn, coffee ?

I’m not 10p% sure on this but I think the 50/60hz control is to do with the noise gate functionality so that it knows what frequencies are likely to cause a problem. I could be way off on that though.

Yes, please do let me know how you get on.

You will be fine with any standard IEC cable for your country’s power requirements. There is nothing magic about the stock cable. The higher the Amp rating the better in terms of safety. This denotes the Max current draw the cable can withstand before melting. However, the Kemper with only draw its required current regardless of the capability of the cable. Think of it like and engine that is capable of doing 250mph. The fact that it can do this speed doesn’t stop you from doing 5mph if required. If you just don’t push the accelerator as hard. In the Power scenario the cable is the engine but the Kemper itself is the accelerator. The cable will never provide more current then the Kemper asks for.

Yes, you can do that, with the Power Amp Out, or with the Monitor Out. They both share the same Output Menu controls.

In the Output Menu, Un-Link the Main Outputs from the Master Volume.

The Master Volume will still control any changes in the Power Amp or Monitor Output.

Or, of using MIDI and want monitor volume control on the fly, assign an expression pedal to MIDI CC73 and increase monitor volume at will for easier controlled feedback etc ?

Yes.

The Toe Switch is a fixed assignment but the Expression pedal, of set to wah will automatically control whichever slot the Wah effect type has been loaded into. However, I don’t think you would necessarily need to disable the TS as long as you don't have another FX in the slot you normally use for Wah when using Wah in Slot X you should be fine. In fact, even if you do have another FX in the normal slot (say Stomp A for example) as long as you don’t push the TS when using the Wah you should still be fine. The Wah bypass is an Effect level setting so you should be able to just change it from On to Bypass at ....... in the specific rigs where it is in slot X.

If you want to have the ability to bypass the Wah with a footswitch click you can assign one of the I - IIII buttons on the remote to do this for specific rigs rather than use bypass at.... if you prefer.

I haven’t actually tried this so I am not 100z sure it will work but I’m reasonably confident so give it a try.

That sounds strange. I’m afraid I don’t know the answer but here are a few thoughts which you may have already tried but its all I can come up with.

It seems strange that this only affects the main outs. This could be a hardware fault. Alternatively, are you using XLR on the main outs? Could it be a bad cable? The main outs are balanced (even the 1/4” jacks) could there be an issue with the interface and balanced inputs?

You mention 60hz hum. Are you in a county with 60hz or 50hz power? Have you tried changing the power setting in the system menu?

You mentioned changing phase. There is no phase change on the Kemper are you doing this somewhere else or are you referring to the Ground Lift buttons?

Do you still get the hum with only one main out connected? If it is a ground lift issue maybe there is a problem with your interface not isolating the the two inputs.

If none of this works I would raise a support ticket as it sounds like there might be a hardware problem.

Good luck

It depends where the Fender reverb is in the signal path. i think its after the loop in which case you could use the Fender reverb. However, the Kemper Spring Reverb model os so good that I wouldn’t bother depending on your musical needs. If you just need one reverb all night then either option will be fine. However, if you want to vary the reverb settings from song to song or song section to section ( say clean with reverb for verse then crunch with no verb for chorus) this could be done with a single footswitch whereas mixing Fender and Kemper would need at least two individual footswitch presses.

I don’t think it’s possible but I don't use the Remote for midi.

I have an RJM Mastermind controller which I would use if I was mixing the Kemper with other midid gear. However, I use the Kemper on its own and the Remote os just so user friendly that I tend not to bother with with midi at all.

As the others have said, there are many different ways to use the profiler. There are 3 types of profiles:

Studio - full signal chain: amp, cabinet, mic(s), mic pre amps etc

Direct Amp Profile (DAP) - speaker output from amp into a DI box with no speaker attached (this is what you want for using with Two Notes Wall Of Sound). You asked for all amp settings to be at noon but that often doesn’t give a great sound. Instead take a DAP which you like the sound of with any Kemper cab or a Two Notes IR and use that as your starting point for experimenting in WoS.

Merged Profiles - actually the opposite of what the name suggests. These are actually subtractive profiles. You need to make a full studio profile and a DAP with exactly the same settings on the amp. Then you subtract the DAP profile from the Studio profile to leave you with just the Cab (like an IR) section of the Studio profile.

Although sound is purely personal taste and there is no wrong or right, i used WoS with a Torpedo ReLoad before I got the Kemper. I haven’t felt the need to use WoS since. The Kemper cab is effectively an IR but it is more organic as it captures the speakers interaction with the poweramp section which a basic IR can’t do.