Posts by Wheresthedug

For the Mission set the pedal type to Wah in system menu. Then tick the Wah>Pitch box. The pedal will now control either wah or pitch depending on which one is active in the rig. If both are active it will control both at the same time. I normally also set the toe switch on the mission to toggle on/off the slot that I have my wah in (Stomp B in my case though others often use A). You need a TRS cable to connect the pedal and a second TS cable to connect the toe switch.

Morph and Volume can’t be shared on the same pedal. You could either add volume to the wah or control the volume as a morph parameter.

TBH I don't back off the volume much now I just change slot with a different profile or different settings. This backing off really came from the limitations of amps with single channels and guitarists needing a wider palate. I do use coil tap a bit but bigger changes I programme is, its more accurate and quicker...that's just me..

I’m too old school for that ?

While the guitar volume trick obviously originated from the limitation of single channel amps, there is also a tonal difference (especially when paired with an old germanium fuzz) which makes riding the volume pot fun. The first part of the travel tends to deliver a thickening/thinning character change as it moves but after that it becomes more of a noticeable volume difference (other than very clean tones). Riding the volume is a bit like having a volume control and an OD pedal all in one control.

I very rarely ever use a volume pedal as I can’t be bothered but the volume knob is always just beside my pinky so it’s perfectly placed for quick changes no matter where you are on stage.

Maybe the PA was mono. You’d be surprised at the percentage of venues that run their PA in mono

Not surprised at all Sam. In many venues Stereo just doesn’t work and mono is a much better option. I’ve been at many gigs where they do run in stereo and stood at the opposite side of stage from the guitarist but literally couldn’t hear any guitar As it was panned to the far away speakers.

That’s pretty normal behaviour for the Kemper and traditional valve amps. The volume would normally gradually decrease with clean and low gain tones. With mid gain tones rolling the guitar volume off would tend to clean up the sound first with little volume drop them gradually reduce the volume. However, for high gain tones there is so much distortion and compression happening that by the time the tone starts to clean up the guitar pot is almost off.

You can test this by using a single high gain profile and observing the way it reacts as you lower the gain knob on the Kemper.

Yes and no.

You are correct that you can't use Volume Pedal and Morph pedal types on the same physical pedal. However, you can control Volume without a Volume pedal. You can either assign Rig Volume to the Morph pedal which effectively makes it a volume pedal. Or you can insert the Wah Pedal Booster (under Booster fx type) either before or after the stack depending on the effect you want to achieve and control this with the Wah pedal. The Wah Pedal Booster is effectively the exact same thing as the volume pedal for that specific purpose.

I

Only Performances need to be moved one by one as you need to determine a destination for each Performance e. g. Performance 37.

I often wondered why you had to move performances individually. That makes sense but I still think it is a limitation and missed opportunity that could easily be improved.

How about changing the behaviour in RM to allow users to order performances into a set list/running order. Then drag and drop the full set in one move. The selected performances would be inserted at the point the user releases the mouse. E.g I drag 10 performances into my KPA which already includes 5 performances. I release the mouse button with the cursor positioned between performances 2 and 3. Now performances 1 and 2 remain unchanged. The 10 new performances retain the set list order and become performances 3 to 12. The old performance 3 is now renumbered to become 13.

Sound is very subjective. Some (like me) love the Kemper amp, some swear by using a valve power amp while some prefer a different solid state amp. Whatever floats your boat is the right solution for you.

And you can easily assign the slow/fast soft button to the remote footswitches in the same way as you would any storm or FX slot or via the morph button option on the main rig select switches 1 - 5.

From the manual:

 High Shift, Low Shift

Both parameters influence the characteristic formants of a Cabinet PROFILE, thereby simulating a change in size. “High Shift” will make the higher formants more prominent, whereas “Low Shift” does the same for the lower frequencies