Posts by Wheresthedug

rolfeurope I think contacting support is definitely the best thing to do.

The reason I asked earlier how you recorded it and how you checked the guitar and cables is that I could hear what sounded like talking in the clip. If it was recorded from the output of the KPA (ie with no mic involved) then that would imply either a microphonic pickup or a badly shielded cable that is acting like and antenna.

Wow. That is really bad. How did you record that? Direct to interface or with a mic?

You mentioned that you have already checked your guitar and cables. How did you verify this? It actually sounds like a dodgy pickup or bad pickup wiring.

That’s what the manual says but I think is more of a generic description. I don’t believe profiler can tell what the pre amp and/or power amp is contributing to the overall sound. I believe this function is Kemper’s interpretation of general distortion characteristics in the same way as they use a generic tone stack of their own design.

Try tweaking the tube shape control and see if you like the results. If you do brilliant. If you don’t then nothing lost. But I wouldn’t think of it in terms of trying to replicate the real characteristics of the pre amp or power amp distortion from the original amp.

I would check all the input and out put connections just to make sure there is nothing physically damaged but other than that ypu should be good to go straight away. It is possible to reset everything to factory settings but not necessary in most cases.

As for the remote just make sure all the footswitches are working and the screen isnt damaged.

I totally get where you’re coming from about the Mesa rig noth being viable. I have always been a mesa player but as I get older (50 this year) ligging them about isn’t mich fun, they are way too loud for most stages (I’m ised to having them mided anyway), cabinets are too directional which can make hearing on stage less than ideal, my own hearing has taken a battering over the years but the bigges t problem is that they are unusable at home. Most of my Boogies have master volume knobs that go - nothing, nothing, nothing, SHIT there go the windows ! =O I had to use attenuators to play in the house.

My wife has hearing so sensitive that she can hear me playing unplugged from the other end of the house so I REALLY NEED something that works and sounds killer at any level. Nearly a year into my Kemper journey and I haven’t looked back. It was definitely the right choice for me. To be fair I also think Axe Fx, Helix and Headrush are fantastic tools but the Kemper just felt like a better solution for my personal needs and tastes.

I am sure you will love yours when it arrives. Have fun :)

The Mesa Nomad 45 is almost certainly available for the Kemper either on the free rig exchange or in someone's commercially available pack. However, the Nomad is pretty similar to the Caliber , F and Mark series amps (but with fewer features than the Marks). You should be able to get a similar basic amp sound from a profile of any of those amps all of which are popular with fusion players.

The Dunlop will work just as well (probably better) than the Mission for your neds due to the longer travel. It desn’t have the extra switch under the toe but you don’t really need that and you can add a separate extrnal switch of you ever want.

As for controlling Volume and Morph from the same pedal. Theoretically NO. It states in the manual (and Burkhard has often confirmed) that this is not possible by design as having morph and volume on the same pedal could create “logical conflicts”.

However, there is a simple workaround that will should you do what you want (particularly as you don’t need Wah from the KPA). Selctect Wah>Pitch and Wah>Morph. Your Wah pedal will now control Wah, Pitch and Morph. Unfortunately, you want to control Volume. Kemper make this possible by puttIng the Wah Booster pedal in on of the Stomp or FX slots and locking this for all your rigs or performances. Judging by the number of times volume pedal queries come up it appears Kemper sort of shot themselves in the foot with naming of this feature. Most people don’t know it exists because it is counter intuitive to think of volume as a wah effect.

It won’t be perfect though as the volume will only work when the Wah Booseter is turned on. If you want it for swell effects that’s probably fine but if you want it as a main ral time volume comtrol you really need a separate volume pedal.

You can’t control the sound pre or post power amp in the profile as the profiler does know where the signal path splits in the real amp.

I think what you are referring to is the ability to move the tone contrils pre or post amp. This is a soft key button when you enter the eq section of the Stack block. Press and hold EQ and you will see a pre/post option.

oooh, I’ve seen Banned from Utopia a couple of times locally to where I live. Fantastic musicians.... I went due to a friend of mine being a massive Zappa fan and, whilst I don’t know where to start with 100+ album back catalogue, I certainly enjoyed it - they were great :)

You start with Apostrophe and Overnight Sensation like any regular folks that might wear tennis shoes or the occasional python boot.

They are usually available as a double CD. Of course if you're listening on Spotify or something then that's irrelevant

If you want to hear some really awesome stuff from Vai check out Jazz Discharge Party Hats and Dangerous kitchen both from the Man Form Utopia album.

Merged profiles are regular profiles :P

The difference between Merged and Studio profiles is simply that the Merged profile knows exactly where the amp stops (DI profile) and the Cab begins (subtracting DI from Studio profile) whereas turning off the Cab on a Studio profile needs the KPA to estimate what part of the sound the Cab contributes.

The FX come after the Cab slot in the Stack module even if there is no Cab being used. Therefore, in a merged profile the FX must come after the Cab as far as I can make out.

I would do like Michael suggested. Set a rig with volume 0% and 100% and morph between them. For really fast use I would set the Remote Switches to Momentary then you could kill the signal when you tap the button and have it return when you lift your foot off. Should be able to do that super fast if you want.