Posts by Wheresthedug

Also what do you mean by 'I’ve tweaked the clean sens and nothing, and there’s no distortion sens… Moved the noise gate and nothing.' you don't hear any difference ? And you don't have a distortion sense option at all ??? And your noise gate is not working ?

The OP has a Player. The Player doesn’t have Distortion Sense for some reason.

Its always a good idea to keep at least one combo or halfstack in the stable. That way when you get that craving for new tube smell, you can just grab your old trusty combo and drag it up and down the stairs a few times. Craving over.

Yep. I almost never sell any of my gear as the resale value never seems worth it incase I ever want to buy the same thing back at some point in future. Therefore, I still have my Mesa Studio .22, 2 Channel Dual Rec, Triaxis/2:ninety, Mark V:25 and my THD BiValve. Every so often I drag one out to try something different. Invariably I put them back in their cases and back in the container within an hour as the Kemper does exactly the same thing without the hassle and the unwanted noises.

Steve lukater utilise souvent des di marzio transition en micro, et joue sur musicman ernie ball.

Personnellement j'ai cette guitare, mais j'utilise une les paul avec un custom bucker et ça lui va bien.

Although he uses Music Man Luke with Di Marzio (previously EMG) nowadays, Rosanna was recorded with his 1959 Les Paul and a Marshall I believe.

All the rigs that come with the Player are from the main Factory Content so if you know which rig you deleted you should be able to drag and drop if from rig Manager.

Not me. My bass comes through loud and clear relative to my guitars.

Some things to look at

1) is the bass active? If so is the battery OK?

2)are the bass pickups very low output and/or are the guitar pickups very high output?

3) where is clean sense set? Bass rigs might be seen as clean so the clean sense would have an impact on their volume relative to dirty guitar rigs.

4) do you boost the Amp or Rig volumes in your guitar rigs?

All transpose effects introduce latency. The further the transition the greater the latency and audio artefacts. However, I haven’t noticed the Kemper being any worse than anything else. I have a Digitech Whammy DT but don’t bother using it as the Kemper works just as well for the pne song I transpose down a tone.

Which Kemper are you using?

If it is the Player simply push and hold the Rig Button until is starts flashing. Then press again to save to the same location or move to a new location and press to save there.

If its a Stage or Rack/Head there is a dedicated STORE BUTTON.

I haven’t tried all of them but they should basically all do the same thing and work perfectly well. The differences tend to be in how robust the casing is, size and travel of the pedal.

I have an old Zoom FP02 (the plastic one with fixed cable) and the newer FP02M which is basically the same pedal in a metal housing with a detachable cable. I bought the plastic one used for £11 and it works perfectly well but the metal one looks better and will probably take serious abuse better in the long run.

I have a Boss FV500L I really don’t like it for a couple of reasons. First, it is MASSIVE and weighs a ton. Second, there is a dead spot (by design apparently) at each end of the travel. Some people love this pedal and swear by it but it annoys me so I don’t use mine anymore. The L and H versions of the pedal are Low and High impedance versions for the analog volume function they don’t affect the expression pedal output at all. The H version is appropriate for use as a volume pedal between guitar and amp/pedals. The high impedance version is suitable for use after pedals, kemper or with keyboards etc.

Boss EV5. I don’t have the expression pedal but I do have the Volume pedal version. It is the same physical housing but with a different value linear taper pot. I personally don’t like the feel of the travel but that is just a personal preference.

I have the Mission EP1 too but it’s going in the bin shortly when I get another Zoom FP02M.

I don’t have experience of the others but try not to overthink it. An expression pedal is an incredibly simple circuit so go for whatever you can get at a decent price and base your decision on size (does it fit well on your pedal board etc) and how solid it is. The other factor is the feel of the travel but you can only gauge this from personal use. Fortunately, it is pretty easy to get used to anything with a little use so don’t get too hung up on it.

I have a Dunlop JP95 John Petrucci crybaby wah, can it be used as a Kemper expression pedal? If it is can it be switchable from volume to wah, and can I do it on a fly with ffrom a MIDI foot controller? I read the chapter manual but, frankly, it gets me lost.

You could convert it to an expression pedal by bypassing the wah circuitry and wiring the pot directly to a stereo jack instead of the regular mono one that is fitted as standard.

As bgr_100 said, if you don’t need mic i puts for vocals etc the Kemper USB interface should be sufficient to get started with recording using a free DaW loke Reaper. If you want and external interface there are lots of lower cost optins than the Apollo such as Focusrite or the lower end MOTU etc. once you no what you are doing and need something more advanced interfaces like the Apollo might be a good choice. Alternatively, if you have money to burn and just want something really sexy on your desk then I would go for an Apollo 😄