Posts by Zakkrifice

Hi guys,

When using the Kabinet, i often want to use the Monitor EQ in the output section to cut some bass in the full range mode, which leads to a thin sound, when activating a speaker imprint.

Would it be possible to add a toggle to the EQ page, to enable the EQ being switched off, when a speaker imprint is used?

Best regards, Thomas

Dear Kemper-Community,

When using the Kabinet, i want to use the monitor EQ (new with one of the latest updates) to tame the bass response in full-range mode, as my box has too much bass for my taste. Now if i switch to an imprint sound, the bass is still rolled off, so it is lacking bass.

Am i confusing something here, or do i bserve this correctly?

If yes, i might add a feature request to add a switch to the Monitor EQ, so i can choose to switch it off, whenever i activate an imprint.

Thanks and kind regards,

Thomas

Hi Kemper Team,

I would like to share some thoughts on usage of the AC Sim, which can essentially be a rig by itself or a parallel signal path "acousticy add-on" to my regular stack sound.

The ultimate "The Who-way" would be this:

1. Signal input

2. AC Sim stomp with split

3a. A part of the signal (0...100%) goes to regular stack

3b. part of the signal (0...100%) with the AC Sim effect bypasses the stack (there needs to be a volume dial on this part of the signal to bring it up against the stack...)

4. A widening/warble/doubler effect is used on signal path 3b to seperate them better (so you can determine how drunk the second guitar player with the acoustic plays)

5. The signals are combined at the start of the post section (or there is a parameter to choose, at which effects block the AC Sim signal comes back in, or direct out...)

All the options (split, doubling, amplification and where to jump back into the signal) could be part of the AC stomp, so i can design my parallel signal path.

As another option for the split scenario, one could choose, if the signal part that goes to the stack is affected by the AC Sim or not. Just for taste.

The signal split can be done in one parameter/with one dial:

Hard left: 100% AC signal mono

Starting to turn the knob: 1% / 100%......100% / 1% splitting

Hard right: Signal in split path only --> full AC mode when hitting the stomp

So there it is.....some rambling on signal path with the AC Simulator. I hope there are some useful suggestions in there.

Thank you for the AC Sim already, it sounds really good!

Cheers,

Thomas

Biiiig sup on this one!

Would be amazing to have a "percentage of signal split Parameter" in the acoustic sim too, so i can choose, how much acoustic level i send into the bypass.

...and maybe the option, on what block in the post fx section the signal comes back into the chain (bevore X or just for reverb).

Hello!

When i switch ff amp and cab for the acoustic sim, the overall level becomes very low.

How do you counter that? Use an acoustic amp or just increase the rig level?

Cheers,

Thomas

Hi guys,

I have some questions regarding the brand new acoustic simulator:

- With the AS activated and Amp and Cab off, the volume is veeeery low. Is there another way of of increasing the volume than "rig vomume"?

- I would like to go down the "The Who -path" and add acoustic guitar parallel to the activated amp.

What i got so far is:

-Acoustic sound through a crunchy Marshall

- Acoustic Sound in parallel path bone dry and low volume....

Is there a way to...

- activate the parallel thing, when activating the acoustic sim stomp?

- adjust volume of acoustic signal independently from amp?

- return the parallel acoustic sim path to the main signal chain at a spot of my choice....maybe befor Module X or before the delay?

- maybe tell the acoustic sim to split part of the signal (or the whole signal) in front of the amp and then bring it back in after the amp (so i can bypass the amp with an acoustic sound, when hitting the stomp)

Maybe these should be feature requests?

Anyway, thanks for any comment on this!

Have a good day everybody,

Thomas

There is a tendency....and i worked towards that goal....to have a compact setup of jam, practice and performance. It goes totally against that idea, to just hook up another device for a metronome.

Something that goes "click" bores the DSP to death and the tap-controls do already have the ability do recognise tempo.

I would see the metronome as a part of the looper, tap or set your tempo, volume dial....done. Sounds simple to me.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Found this on YouTube, i didn't see it posted here so far. Sounds decent to me.

I had the pleasure to compare

- my homebuilt Bluesbreaker Combo (carbon resistors, mercury magnet transformers, SoZo Mustard Caps, TAD Tubes --> full mojo build) with a Warehouse AlNiCo Speaker

- to the Tone Junkie 62 Vox Profile with Kone and AlNiCo Blue Imprint in the Kabinet

...yeah, its not the same amp, Bluesbreaker is open back, Kabinet is closed back, but the characteristics of British tone with AlNiCo are totally there, its chimey, its clear and it makes the Kemper tone enjoyable next to my "boutique build" Tube Amp.

I think, that it's very well done and a valuable enhancement of the Kemper.

And compared to my Bluesbreaker it is versatile and portable....

I just listened to Ola englunds Rig of the week, where he uses a Mesa V30 Cab and i can definitely hear the V30 in this....sounds pretty killer.

I had to send my Camplifier back to make it ready for 4Ohms (sadly just 90W, but hey....will do) and my Kabinet will arrive tomorrow.

Looking forward to that!

Come on man!

I can't remeber any company, where the boss himself answers questions to the forum members.....and no company that dosen't throw a new product on the market every 3-4 years to take your money. Kemper have been upgrading their initial product for how many years? 8? For free!

What would you call that? I call that customer service!

I ordered a Kabinet 2 days ago.....i did not receive an email. you know why? Because my account says, they did not work on my purchase yet. Why is that? Because they are currently swamped with Kabinet orders. Is that a surprise? No!

So.....just stay calm an patient and wait for a new awesome product to arrive,

Hi folks,

Some thoughts on speaker imprints and broken-in speakers:

Lately HW from Tone Junkie bought a vintage tweed amp and argued, the desirable tone lies a lot in the very much broken in original speaker (as well as some well-played AC30 etc.).

Topjimi has his trusted Greenbacks from the 70ies and frequently hunted speakers for e.g. the Randy Rhodes-Sound

So: I assume, the Kemper-Team uses factory new speakers from their business-relationship with Celestion?

Would it be an option to get in touch with the profile-guys like HW and get some real vintage speakers over and imprint them?

Or maybe the Kemper-guys build a mobile "imprint lab" and send it with an engineer someone around the world to hunt down legendary speakers? You even could A/B your freshly done imprint directly in the room with the original speaker/amp...

Cheers,

Thomas

Now i have a question as well:

Is the Kemper DSP just focusing on the Kone (/linearization and imprint), or is there a special linearization going on for the kone inside the kabinet?

Do i gain some linearity/transparency for studio profiles by buying the Kabinet (and cool Kemper look obviously) or is the Kone the only thing affected?

Thanks a lot and cheers from Germany,

Thomas

Good Morning!

I just came here to say that i am extremely looking forward to the Kabinet and the features it will provide.

And a huge shout out to Christoph Kemper himself who gets in touch with the users and answers questions himself here.

This is not a Selbstverständlichkeit! ;)