Posts by J0hnny

My experience level with the Kemper Profiler could be described as far west of intermediate.

Should I have any reservations about downloading the public beta version of OS7 and Rig Manager/Editor 3.0?

Would waiting for the official release be a wiser option, or is there any downside to just diving in?

Like my grandpa used to say, "never look a gift horse in the mouth".

I understand everyone's excitement - I'm definitely looking forward to the download.

I think its awesome that companies like Kemper and Fractal give their existing customers FREE downloads and updates...as an existing customer, try getting something free from AT&T , Microsoft, or any of the cable TV networks.

When the download arrives, I'll smile and say ' thank you very much' - not 'what took you so long'........it's free., they didn't have to do it.

Thank you all for the welcome!

Ibot39 - I will surely let you know when I get a grasp for profiling and process something worthy of sharing - the 6100 with 6L6's sounds amazing.

Leatus1 - once a Texan, always a Texan.

Hello, Everyone.

I recently purchased a Kemper Head (in black). I am using both a Matrix GT1000 and a Crown XLS 802 power amp through either two Dr Z guitar cabs or a 1965 Kustom cab with 15' JBL D-130's. When not using the power amps or guitar cabs, I route the Kemper through powered Adam A7X monitors and/or a powered Alto TS312.

I am new to all of this, and appreciate the advise and suggestions from the Kemper User Forum community. One thing that stands out to me from reading this forum is that the members are polite, and knowledgeable, and patient and helpful to inexperienced members such as myself.

At the time I purchases the Kemper, I owned an AXE FXII Mark II, (which I love), and was considering selling it to upgrade to the AXE FXIII (which is phenominal). I decided to buy the Kemper, based on the decision that the FXII is at least 80% of the FXIII, and the Kemper is an entirely different approach. I am so far extremely happy with my decision, and am experimenting with ways to meld the two devises.

I am currently working to create my first profiles using a LiveLine DI box and my Marshall 6100LM. I currently own a Bogner 100 watt, '67 Fender Bassman, and Dr Z Route 66, Remedy, StangRay. and Maz18.

I am enjoying using free and purchased profiles from the web and The Rig Exchange, and I am learning how to shape and personalize the profiles. I have gotten a lot of great tips and advise from the Kemper Tutorial page, and from some guys who call themselves the Tone Junkies on the web who are from the Nashville area.

Cheers,

Johnny