Posts by zryder

I feel like this is a common issue in Kemperland, and there is no "one size fits all" solution. Everything suggested in this thread is good to try. Here's a few more:

- Try completely disabling Pure Cab, not just turning the value to 0.

- Try switching from over-the-ear headphones to in-ear monitors. I now use Shure SE215s which made a positive difference.

- Experiment with enabling/disabling the Space parameter (it is supposed to add "air" into the sound with headphones to better simulate hearing it in a room I think.)

To be honest, I do still experience that feeling of sameness in profiles though, especially since I tend to favor British style amps with similar characteristics. So you are not alone.

Thanks for responding. Let me explain my setup in greater detail, perhaps that will help.

I am running a pedalboard in front of the Kemper with the following stompboxes: guitar -> EHX Pitch Fork -> Morning Glory -> Signa Drive-> Blue Ocean Delay -> DD500 -> DigiDelay -> Joyo Tremolo - > Specular Reverb -> RV5 -> TU2. The output from the TU2 is connected directly to the guitar input of the Kemper with a ¼ cable. The Kemper is then connected to the PA system via an XLR cable in the Left Main Output. In the Output section, I have the Main Out and Monitor Out set to Master Mono. I connect to the system using in ear monitors through a Shure Wireless pack.

When I activate either the Specular Reverb or the RV5 and play, I can hear the sound moving around, almost like it is cutting in and out. This happens both through in ear monitoring and through FOH.

I also had a friend test out my setup and he experienced the same issue. Previously, I ran this exact pedalboard directly into an Atomic Amplifirebox, which went directly into a PA via XLR and did not experience the same issue. Also used the same setup without the Amplifirebox directly into a Bad Cat Cub 40 with no issues.

Any thoughts?

I play the Kemper into a pedalboard with a couple reverbs on it and whenever I turn the pedal reverbs on, I hear them moving, almost like there is a tremolo effect being applied. Ive tested it with both headphones and through a PA and it is happening across the board.

I'm using MBritt Divided by 13 profiles and also a free Morgan AC20 profile by rpacheco. I connect to the PA through an XLR out and turn off all onboard effects; the profiles are slightly dirty. Anyone able to tell what is going on?