Posts by Rapidfire

Hey gang,

I'm edging ever closer to purchasing a Kemper, but I have a fairly basic question I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. If I have the actual amp settings for a particular tone I am looking to emulate, for instance Paul Gilbert's Laney GH100L amp settings, and then I purchase a pack of Kemper profiles, say the ChopTones or JTM Profiles of the Laney GH100L, how would I mimic the actual amp settings once I call up a profile? Hopefully this is not a completely moronic question. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Regards,
    Jeff in Houston

Hey Jeff do yourself a favor and buy it! Im sure you could find a profile that would be very close if not dead on to Pauls Laney. The Kemper is the best (former axe fx user) trust me. Ive played on national tours and have done a lot of recording and the kemper is great for everything.

Im a big Malmsteen fan and Ive managed to get very very close to his tone with the kemper. :)

I have had the rust issue with EB strings in the past but i called them and they replaced every pack. Ive probably gone through a couple thousand packs of strings in the past 10 years and maybe 2 packs had issues.

If Im at home I wash my hands before I play and ive noticed it makes a huge difference in the life of the strings.

I dont like the tone of elixir strings. Could be in my head but to me they sound flat. I also dont like the sound of cheap batteries in EMG pickups or pedals. Maybe Im crazy but I can hear the difference! :S

It probably sounds insane, but I have only bought a Kemper so I can get rid of my Engl Ritchie Blackmore E650 amp & cab. I am purely looking to have 'that' sound in my possession, and free up space in the house... :) I see 'The Amphouse' do a profile, so I am hoping they will have a pretty good representation of the Blackmore amp.

Its not insane! I sold all 3 of my amps after I purchased my kemper! Now I can get that sweet plexi tone without blowing my eardrums. I didnt profile my amps before i sold them. I purchased the amps that I had and I have no regrets.
    The kemper is my recording rig, my live rig, and my practice rig. It truly does it all.

A new master.....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Absolutely sick! Some of the runs have a Shawn Lane vibe.

I have the speaker angled up at me from the floor. I'll definitely have to try the output EQ as I haven't been using it as much as this forum recommends :D

Honestly, I think I'm just going to get the DXR 10 at this point. I tried the QSC k10 at my local store and loved it, but I also looked at a ton of your posts regarding the Yamaha after this and it seems like that really is gonna be the best bang for my buck.

Thanks for the eq settings! I'll definitely be trying those out later. Would you say that the Xitone is really worth the extra money in comparison to something like a DXR 10? I've heard a lot of good things about it but I was really impressed with the amount of good reviews on the DXR.

The DXR is a great choice for sure. Ive tried the Friedman, ZLX, Headrush, DXR, and the XiTone. To me the XiTone sounded the best for mid to high gain crunch and lead tones but was very clear for nice cleans. Do you primarily play at home or out? If i only played at home i would buy a nice set of studio monitors. Honestly none of these speakers move air and get that thump that a nice 4x12 guitar cab gives you but they do sound good. it just takes time to get acclimated to the sound.

I have a zlx 12p. I prefer my studio monitors but I use the zlx when playing with others. I adjusted the dsp to compensate for the bass. I think i have -6 bass -1 treble to even things out. Hope this helps.

I would skip the Friedman and go with a Xitone MBritt but thats me.