Posts by guitarman23

The Stage doesn’t have a power amp in it so you’ll need one. You didn’t mention you had it plugged into a power amp and then into your cab. If you have that part covered then I’m not sure. If you don’t that’s your first step. I have a powered toaster and really wanted a Stage but I play live in bars so I needed to keep the powered head instead to run through my cabs without the added expense. If you’re in church or always front of the house then the Stage is for you! I wish they currently had a powered version, maybe in the future.

So I've seen posts on this but all of them are very vague about how to actually hook it up. I had a Helix first, love the effects since there are several I already use on my board. I bought the Kemper on a friends strong pro recommendation and love it for the amps. I can't say I dislike the onboard effects, since he uses them in a top TX country artist rig and that works for him. I just have certain pedals I love that just happen to be in the Helix. When I saw posts about using the Helix as the remote I was intrigued. I've checked the net for days about how to do this and there's no direct answer. It's "I do that it works great," or "I do this with four cable and midi." Does anyone have a direct Helix to Kemper hookup Midi and program installation diagram/write up for using the Helix to do what the remote does switching performances or settings in the performance. I really don't care about drive in the fx loop in the front, delays/reverbs after etc in the back, since for years I'm a pedalboard with everything into the front of single channel amp. I like my fuzz way better than the Kemper, EP Booster for lead, and Klon clone for drive than what's in the Kemper, but they're modeled very well in the Helix. So far I can't find a description of how to set up the Kemper to get ready for the Helix and then the Helix to get set (probably a helix forum). I also would just like confirmation that this is even possible. I do this to alleviate having a hybrid board of Kemper remote and pedals and instead just use the Helix to do all of it, since then I'd have a backup board to go tube amp if needed. Thanks everyone!

Agreed, but I've read posts on just turning the CAB off to use your own speaker cab. I agree that I obviously didn't do enough to have that set up for recording properly. Assumption has always been the mother of all f ups and I'm guilty here. I do appreciate the advice to get it rectified. Thanks all!

Thanks guys! I'll take a look today at the settings. I do have the cab turned off when running through the speaker cab, I'll check to make sure it's not off for the interface as well as the -12 setting. I'll see about getting a clip of the tone for you so you can see what I mean.

Hey everyone,

I was trying to look up info on recording settings and couldn't find the information. I listened to a couple of recordings from band practice the other night and my guitar had a digital fizz to it. It didn't sound at all like it did in the room. I have the Kemper powered amp and we went mono out to the recording interface and I'm using a guitar cab in the room. I was using a Michael Britt profile of a Diaz amp. The other guitar player was using an old Line 6 amp and his tone sounded great so I'm missing something here. There's no way that should have sounded better than the Kemper so I'm doing something wrong with the settings I imagine. Any ideas?