Posts by Ogiebb

Skip ahead to 12:25 :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you ill try it out :) ... my Cab I rated 800watts @ 4 ohms im always afraid to blow it up with this Power amp (Rated 800watts at 1 channel)

Hello,

tried to search via google and the forums. i ditched the GK MB800 and decided to go with a real power amp. i ordered a Crest Prolite 3.0
    connected the kemper to the poweramp via XLR then to bass cabinet via speak on cables. but got no sound did i connect it correctly? thanks for any help.

I'd love to have a bassist that can cover that wide a range of tones successfully. I don't know of a single bassist here with a KPA. :(

I'm definitely not anti-complexity when it's done right. I've just had a few experiences with players that are all over the place tonally. When you go see Flea or other iconic bass players they work within certain parameters for a show. I think cover bands are similar - you want some consistency in the rhythm section during the show.

For the record I've been a bassist longer than a guitarist and I'm passionate about it. I've always tried hard to not be a typical guitarist/bassist and I approach them completely differently.

I only play Bass but play in 2 Tribute Bands (Pearl Jam and Janes Addiction) and a few other cover bands... the kemper is perfect for my needs...now only if I can find an octaver in the kemper to replicate a 12 string bass sound that would be perfect and I can get rid of my TC subNup pedal.

I recently bought one too.. (if you are in the US) I bought one from Musicians friend they could not lower the price because of the agreement list but they gave me a lot of Backstage points that I can use to buy other stuff from the website. hope this helps
    also heard AMS can help out too.

Hello Im new to the forums and just ordered my first kemper its the unpowered Rack version it should be here in 2 days and it already feels like forever :(
    I was reading into the Bass section of the Forums under "Camplifier for Bass" and saw another member suggested the GK MB800 as a power amp
    has anyone here tried that set up? if so did the GK mb800 "Color" youre sound that much? I have also tried to reply to that Thread but it wont let me
    maybe because im still new here. Thanks again for any help and sorry for another newbie post.

PS I also tried to google this set up but looks like most folks prefer just a regular power amp like crown and such, was more interested in just my GK since I already own one.