Posts by Terence T

Thank you.

This clip is the M Britt, Marshall Silver Jubilee 1 8. I increased amp definition to 9.8. First riff is my Les Paul in the treble position, second in the middle position and last in the rhythm position.

No Post processing.

Guitar - Kemper - RME Fireface UC (spdif) - Reaper.

I've tried all the profiles that came with the Kemper, the free M Britt, TopJimi's, purchased a couple of M Britt packs. Plus Mix Berlin Marshall JCM 800.

This is starting to look like there might be an issue with your Kemper.

I would try making a full backup of your Kemper and sending it to support along with the recording of your tone and have them check everything. @ckemper has already commented on this post so might be able to add something else though now that he can check the recordings.

Yeah, that might be the way to go. I'll also contact the retailer I got it from, see what they suggest.

Thank you.

I normally practice with the Kemper going directly to monitors, or headphones.

Sounds slightly better than the recorded clips I sent as to be expected. Not by much though. The clips are pretty much what I'm getting all round.

Do you have a pedal hooked up and assigned to wah on the KPA?
    It's possible that the interpreted value is stuck at a low level. The classic tell-tale resonance peak isn't there, but if this value was set low for a super-smooth, LPF-style wah, it's a possibility.

No pedals hooked up to the Kemper...

Thanks.

Cables are good, I've checked with two. Both strats and LP are producing the same results. Strats sound better, but not great. I'll check on Cubase also, in case th efault is with Reaper but I'm guessing Reaper is fine. Strats and LP definitely sound fine with the amp, even checked them with my old POD HD.

I've recorded main outs as well as SPDIF, sounds pretty much the same. Interface working as normal, seems to be linked u to Reaper no probs. The RME interface and Reaper have been the most stable out of all the interfaces and DAW's that I have used. PC is a few years old, works very well.

Main output is set to Master Stereo in SPDIF. All monitor EQ's at 0.

The tweaks in the clips were relatively minor, just a bit of treble and less bass.

I'll try the Kemper to Marshall in the morning.

Which one of the caswell profiles is it?

Cant remember to tell the truth, but I gave it a tweak to try and make it sound better. That's the best I'm getting.

To answer other questions, the spdif volume isn't clipping and there is definitely headroom in the DAW. Not that much difference between SPDIF and Line in, I've tried many times. Output and Input lights seem fine.

Pretty sure there's no clipping happening, I've tried turning the dist sens down in the input and pretty much all the kind suggestions here.

I agree, something doesn't sound right here. It doesn't help that the file is extremely low in volume when trying to compare it to the clips on the profile makers site. Do you have any clips of this same guitar with your marshall mic'ed?

Don't have a mike unfortunately, hard to even use the amp too much due to where I live. But its sounding fine through the amp, completely normal.

That is sounding way better than anything I'm getting from my Les Paul to Kemper, as you can hear.

You can't plug into another man's amp and expect it to immediately sound like YOU would like it to sound without adjustments. Keep in mind that profiles are snapshots of other people's amp setups, so you don't have exactly the same options as on a real rig, because determinations have already been made with regards to settings, cab, mic placement and choice, etc etc etc.
    Have you tried the choptones profile pack you linked to a video of?

Dont want to get into a tube amps discussion, but when I plug into any Marshall combo or stack it sounds instantly good to me. Then, its just a question of some minor adjustments. Not to make is sound usable, but different.

Some tube amp heads have to have this specific tube, the EQ set up like this, or to them it sounds like c##p. I just plug in and go when it comes to my Marshall.

Even when just practicing with the Kemper, I have to tweak to get something usable. Thats with it plugged directly into the speakers. Wish it were different, but that's the way its working out!

No, I plug into my Marshall with my LP it sounds excellent. I don't have to wait months for it to sound good. If someone tries a £1450 piece of gear and it doesn't sound satisfactory to them, in my experience it doesn't get better. I'm happy to know what people are doing, to get their Kempers sounding the way they want them.

You may plug into an expensive Marshall and not like it. Someone telling you to be patient is a load of drivel, unless they suggest how you can get the sound your looking for with the gear your using.

So what are you actually doing with the Kemper to make it sound better? Apart from patience, what's your actual technique?

Of course, Terence would have known that 'cause he's been in studios since the early '90s and run a home studio since 2004. Maybe he was talking about the lead?

At any rate, that music experience surely would've taught him that even showing us where he wants to go (the clip above) wouldn't do any good if he doesn't tell us where he is. "I'd like to get to Central Station; please show me how to get there... without knowing where I am".

Mission impossible.

Now your being rude.

That tends to happen on forums, which is why I don't like posting my music.