Posts by Symec24

This time I grabbed the chance to pick up profiles during a sale :D the 6505 (not the +) pack is absolutely fantastic, added two of them to my favorites within the first few notes I played. Same goes for the 5150 pack (yes I'm all about that 5150 sound). Great stuff right there! :thumbup:

I sort of have a similar problem, albeit mainly playing with headphones at home. I never really felt what all the people talk about with the Kemper, at least in regards to playing at home. I really dig the sound of anything that's 5150 related, but the only one that made me actually happy was an EL34 5150III aswell. And now I think I found the reason because yesterday I got my old girl, a Jackson RR24M with an alder body and a single EMG81, out. And damn, almost all profiles sounded a LOT better to me right away. My main guitar is a pro series RR24, which features a mahogany body and a Duncan SH6 (TB6) for the bridge PU. And I also use 10-52 strings on the former and 10-56 on the later. It all really made me consider changing the PUs by having a luthier drilling all the cavities and holes for a set of EMGs... Which makes we sad in a way bc when I bought that guitar it sounded SO good with a 6505... Maybe someone can help me with that? :/

Tl;DR: I feel like it REALLY depends on the guitar in my case. What PUs does your guitar have? I'm not into much tweaking, but the liveliness changes a LOT with the pickups, so when I turn down the lows and boost mids and highs, the sound with my Duncans gets pretty decent again. Maybe try that if you don't have different pickups at hand?

I settled on using Elixir strings on all my 3 main guitars (all trems, 2 FR original, 1 Ibanez edge zero II) and I've had zero issues with the strings slipping out or anything close to that. And I'm pretty sure I won't change brand any time soon. Elixirs are a lot more bang for the buck in comparison to uncoated strings to me. Have to try other coated strings like the d'addario nyxl yet though.

Been using the DR SAL-10 Alexi Laiho 10-56 signature set tuned to drop C for a couple of years now, they just work perfectly for me. And they actually never rust or turn dark, although I perspire a lot. Plus my 'office' is in the basement, so humidity is a thing there. I can keep them on for months... And not a single string snapping. Recently put Dunlop 10-52 on my other guitar (D standard). So far, they feel quite alike and work for me, too. Mind that the set costs half the price of the DR signature set. I never tried any other DRs to be honest. But what never worked for me was Ernie Ball's. I can't explain why, I wouldn't expect the quality of Ernie Ball's to be lower, it's just a matter of the right feeling I guess. Broke a few strings with EB though...

If I got this right, I think he wasn't even giving you an attitude. I'd take it as the opposite. Didn't have any contact with sinmix so far but to me this reads like for some reason card payments in general cause him trouble and he was rather friendly in his answer. Like in 'damn those fcking card payments, know what I mean?'

I had a similar realization. At home I used the line6 pod studio with pod farm for years. I always knew it's not the nicest tone you get, but, you know, it kinda does the job at home and enables you to record ideas n stuff. I used to play some dual recto simulation. Then, when I went to get myself a tube amp after playing on a borrowed Diezel Herbert for quite a while, I wanted to go 6505. Glad I saved for the Kemper instead (I have to admit I didn't know about it for quite some time... 8 kind of slept for some time in that regard, learned about it just in time), because it showed me that 1. I really dislike the recto, 2. the 6505 was close but not quite there yet and that, simply because I had a nearly endless virtual tube head testing room at hand, 5153 el34 is absolutely what I want.

Still, dealing with the Kemper feels finding your feet. I barely made my first steps.

It was less about the age itself to me, I wouldn't dare to judge a person by parameters like that, just to give you guys an image for the mind's eye.

I just had a laugh of two about this guy and that's it. Just kind of funny to be confronted with this highly substantial content. I think @V8guitars example with digital photography was pretty much on point here too.

So far I had two gigs with my Kemper (which also were my first and second ever gigs, was awesome). Quite a pleasure to be honest to see all the other guys hauling their stuff in (I helped, of course), while I essentially only had my Kemper to carry. So far, so good. At the first gig, it was the good ol' "oh, a Kemper!" as in "nice!"
    Second gig, along with one band and another some 80's-00's rock n metal cover band, that one guy... You know, mid 40's, making off-taste vulgar comments about girls walking by that could easily be his daughter, very rude in general, walks up to me while I set up my Kemper and goes like "a Kemper? You telling me you're playing Rock n Roll and then you use a Kemper?" honestly didn't quite know what to say except for "yeah so what?"
    So that was my first encounter with 'Kemper-shaming'! Luckily, the only one so far. Everyone else who commented on it was much more encouraging and positive and shared the excitement. Which is nice.

It wasn't, thanks! Don't have the chance to check if it works now as I won't have a cab to check for at least two weeks but I'll just go and expect it to work now. Jeez, quite a lot to learn with that thing.
    Again, thank you!

Hi all, just quickly wanted to say hello!
    Sorry for hijacking your thread but I live in Königswinter which is so close to Bonn that I thought I might aswell just join the ranks.

Got my Kemper 4 months ago and been reading along occasionally since. Great forum, really helpful, I'm looking forward to great discussions!

Cheers!