Posts by kylehoegen

The Profiler delivers a line-level signal while the input of your amp requires a Hi-Z signal. This mismatch will not produce a satisfying sound. You should consider purchasing a proper monitoring solution that can handle line-level signals or use headphones. A Fender Twin57 is completely unsuitable as the monitoring solution for any line-level device.

I'm currently use the following solution for monitoring my Kemper. With risk of sounding ignorant, I had no idea about the difference between line out and Hi-Z signals. I'm using the monitor out to the mono input of the powered monitor. Are these not compatible or am I thinking too much?

https://britishaudio.com/produ…train-powertrain-stage-50

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but I was wondering why Annie Clark (St. Vincent) is not included on the American artists page. Does it need to be approved by the artist? She has used the Kemper live for years and is arguably one of the more popular artists right now. Please consider the addition.

I specifically bought an SG thinking I would instantly unlock Trucks powers. Unfortunately it didn't. I've been trying to sell the guitar for the last six months lol.

1. Checking all cables

2. Checking the Input settings (f.e. Clean sense,...)

3. Checking the Output settings (f.e. db of the selected output)

4. Open a support ticket

In my case all of this has been done, including opening a support ticket. In previous threads I've tried to convince others my Kemper is haunted to no avail lol. Other very experienced users have indicated that's its EM interference. But like any good American, I am contrary to supporting evidence and believe its the ghost of George Washington.

I don't think I had this problem a year ago. Maybe it's the firmware? I think my last update was about a year ago. Which version is your toaster running now?

I'm on the current version and have had the issue across all versions since I purchased it in 2018. I am inclined to believe that it is EM interference as the sound is much more apparent at night. Like you said, it is particularly bothersome on single notes. As crazy as it sounds, some nights I turn the noise gate all the way down because I'd rather just hear the hissing for what it is rather than the weird hissing trailing you get with it on.

I have the same exact problem. Especially with medium gain / breakup tones, there is always a hiss behind the notes. It becomes very obvious when a note sustains for a bit and just before the ending of the note when the noise gate kicks in. Tried everything, different guitars, cables, positioning of the profiler, even got the behringer hum destroyer but the problem remains.

This has been my experience the entire time with the toaster.

Hope so. It definitely has a lot of potential, but I'm not certain it is usable at this point. I completely forgot to test it the last time I had practice, to see if the background noise was as noticeable in a full band context.

Unfortunately for me it is not usable yet. I only have only one guitar with humbuckers and on all positions the hiss is just too much. As you said, if you use high cut to 7k it removes the hiss, but then it doesn't have acoustic qualities anymore.

Hey Everybody! Those using the Kemper volume pedal, where do you prefer to locate it? I have been using it in the output section for overall volume, but have recently been enjoying it in the input section. There is one thing I am unclear about. I am using the full range for the pedal (-5 to 5) for both the input and output section. When the pedal is in the middle (0) in the input section I would expect it to sound like (0) in the output section. However, when located in the output section there is a lot more gain to the profile. Is this normal?

All basics have been checked. The input stays green. Agreed about using the Kemper as just effects. I don't need the Prestige, I'm just a hussie for sound haha. I originally bought it to act as a clean boost/buffer (depending on position). It adds clarity/restores high end on top of my RYRA Klone that I really dig. The weird thing is it really shouldn't be making any noise at minimum value and was just very unexpected because the RYRA is dead quiet up to 1 o'clock. Now that I've had more time to troubleshoot, I do hear it on other amps, its just a lot more apparent with the Kemper through studio monitors, most likely due to the noise floor. Its almost like the notes are enveloped by the hiss. And like CK said its much more apparent on higher gain amps .

Hey Everybody! My set up is a merge of analog and digital. I am running a few pedals in front of the Kemper and I'm playing out of a Mbritt Powertrain. Everything sounds great, but I am getting a strange interaction between the Kemper and my JHS Prestige. When I engage the pedal on minimum I am getting quite a bit of hissing that only increases as the I turn up the pedal. The pedal itself shouldn't produce much noise when at minimum and doesn't when using other amplifiers. As soon as I turn off the stack the hissing disappears. I've been very tempted to turn off the stack and just play through the Valvetrain, but feel guilty about using the Kemper as only a compressor/delay/reverb. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

out of curiosity, how high are you pickups?

For the neck I have 4/32" on the low E and 5/32" on the high E. For the treble pickup I have 4/32" on the low E and 3/32" on the high E. Specs say 3/32" for bass side and 5/64" for treble side is recommended. It seems like I definitely have the room the raise them.

I’m surprised you need to boost Clean Sense with a PRS. i have 3 PRS and need to set Clean Sens around -6 all the time to stop cleans overpowering the driven rigs.

Couldn't agree more. I tried doing a global reset to see if I possibly muffed something in the setting, but that didn't help.

That sense is meant to cater for the difference in the output of the pups. The probleme may be rather the difference between loud and quiet profiles, esp when they come from different vendors. Often the solution is to modify the volume of the rig. For intance load clean and gainy rigs in a performance and balance the output of the five rigs.

I think that part I was overlooking. I didn't consider different guitars will likely have different outputs, so its not a one setting fits all type of thing. I generally only use two vendors, once of which volume matches fairly well, while the other doesn't at all to my knowledge. Thanks for the help!

Hello all! To my understanding clean sense is used to bring up or down to the relative volume of clean amps to match the volume of amps with higher gain. If you over adjust the setting, it actually reduces the volume of the gain profiles as seen in one of Kemper's user guide videos. I am currently using a PRS Semi Hollow SE and no matter what the clean tones are much quieter than the gain tones. In addition I am not able to achieve the loss of volume of gain profiles even when boosting the clean sense to 12db (not that I want that lol). Does anyone have any recommendations?