Posts by kylehoegen

I had the same issue on my Mac. I exited out of rig manager and when I returned it prompted me to download the new rig manager. I then had the same issue finding the beta release, but after hitting check for updates a few times, it finally prompted me for that as well.

Hello Everyone,

Ive previously posted about my Kemper freezing while simultaneously trying to use the remote looper and browse delays. I was told that the issue could be recreated and I was overloading the DSP. Today I was trying to dial in some sounds while browsing the delays, once again the sound cut out and the screen became very slow. I was not using the looper and did not have many effects enabled at the time. When powering down the unit, a massive pop rang through my speakers. I feared for both myself and the speakers lol. But for real, my poor 5" monitor's speakers visibly flexed an 1/2", which I like to keep to a minimum. Anyone else have this issue?

I think this is as expected as you basically built a radio that is tuned to some random frequency.

Gotcha. For some reason in my head I thought the Kemper would remain rather silent when turning the gain up without any input. Just today, I have been getting a lot of noise in the background of mid to high gain profiles. I can reproduce the sound on low gain profiles by turning the gain up. I have never experienced this before. This prompted me to try and unplug my guitar and mess around with it that way. It sounds a lot like the issue I was having with EM interference.

Literally this is the solution, just plug in a guitar :)

Haha having a guitar in the input definitely helps, but the noise is very similar plugged or unplugged.

Hello,

When there is nothing plugged into the input of the Kemper, the output light turns bright green and produces a tremendous amount of static when turning the gain knob up. Turn the knob down and the static reduces completely. I would think electromagnetic interference is the culprit, but once again nothing is plugged into the Kemper. A noise gate will reduce this noise, but has to be turned up too high. Any input would be appreciated.

This is what the Main Manual says in its chapter Volume Pedal Function:

The Volume Pedal is a dedicated volume,separate from Rig volume, Master Volume,or any other output volume. All these volumes are working on top of each other

The current level of Volume Pedal is not stored by Rig, only Volume Pedal Range and Location are.

Thank you Burkhard, I must have overlooked this part. I have read these manuals so many times, but still seem to pick up new things every time!

Hello everybody! I have been using a Korg expression pedal to control the volume of my rigs. It has worked as expected, except for the fact that it doesnt change the led collar for rig volume as the value on the expression pedal is increased or decreased. I chalked it up to the fact that maybe I needed a mission pedal to see physical changes in the led collar. However, I bought a 2nd pedal to control all other functions like morphing and that does change the led collars so it wasn’t a compatability issue like I expected. Not a big deal at all, just curious why this would be. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Are you using a delay as a looper or are you using what we call the looper?

It might be that our support has not given an accurate answer based on said misconception.

Hello,

Prior to purchasing the Kemper Remote, I would use the freeze feature on one delay to provide a background to solo over. When doing this and attempting to change the second delay the sound would cut out, and the Kemper would need a restart. Since purchasing the Kemper Remote I am using the actual looper on the remote, but still producing the same issue. Thank you for your input, I appreciate your concern.

I guess, you received response from the support team already.

You are using the Looper and two Quad Delays plus other effects in parallel. That might just be too much.

Hi Burkhard,

You got it. I was told I was performing too many commands at one time and overloading the DSP. Thank you for your input!

Hello,

My Kemper has always seemed super sluggish. Often I will turn the browser dial and the screen will freeze and then scroll to an unwanted stomp or amp. As of recent when using my kemper remote looper in playback mode, changing the delay stops all playback as well as any sound from my guitar. The only remedy to regain sound is shutting the Kemper off and turning it back on. I have tried every reset in the book. It is extremely frustrating at this point having made such a substantial purchase. I have opened up a support ticket and have given them the relevant info, just waiting on a response. I provided a video link below. Has anyone experienced this issue?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey everybody! On several profiles I will activate a delay in the delay slot and another in the mod slot. The one in the mod slot I use strictly for freezing chords for background atmosphere. If I freeze a chord in the mod slot, and then change the delay in the delay slot, the sound cuts out. In a similar vein, when using the looper the other day I attempted to change the delay and the looper stopped. Nothing I could do would resume playback, nor could I delete the loop. Even when switching to other profiles outside of the looper I could not get any sound. Any ideas?

Hi,

First of all I would suggest you to check the ammount of gain and compression you have in your profile. I have seen quite a lot of profiles with way more than necessary, which I believe could lead to this problem.

I found that most of the profiles I'm using have compression in the amp section or in one of the effects blocks. Disabling these reduced the noise slightly, but it is still a little too noticeable for my liking.

I did a check around the guitar, but unfortunately nothing seemed to damper this noise. I'm using a semi hollow which obviously contributes to the issue, but I find it also occurs with my Gibson SG. I feel like both guitars could probably use a proper set up.

Fairly new Kemper user here. I've been primarily using it at home, but would like it to replace my live amp rig soon. The low E string on my guitar experiences sympathetic vibrations when some notes are played on the other 5 strings. I assume this has always been the case, but I have never heard it when using tube amps. This noise is very audible with the Kemper. I thought I'de mention I've never have really played at bedroom volume, I generally play in a venue setting, so maybe thats a factor. I suffer from "baby hands" so unfortunately I've never been able to master the thumb wrap over the low E string. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to reduce this noise. I'm going to get the guitar set up next week and see if that helps at all.

I want to thank everyone who assisted me with this issue. Although I have tried several different spots to set up the Kemper, I have always experienced this crackle and hiss. Several of you pointed in the direction of electromagnetic interference being the culprit. This afternoon, I simply played 7ft away from the Kemper in a standing position opposed to three feet away in a sitting position and I can't hear that noise at all. In fact, I've been able to reduce my global noise gate significantly. I've dealt with this issue since I've bought the Kemper is April, so to finally have a fix is awesome. I can even "juice" my guitar. I have some additional questions, but to a new thread for that. Till next time. :thumbup:

I would try turning the gate off and seeing if there's still noise at the tail end of the notes. This sounds like something I read in another thread. I'll try to reference and add a link. There wasn't a solution in that threat tho. Could be something entirely different as well. Clips when you have time will help.

Can someone confirm that this sounds normal?

Hi there. Just some questions to start:

Does it change when you move around?
    Do you not get this noise when you just plug straight into a traditional amp?
    Does touching the bridge change it significantly?

A little recording would really help.

Hey everybody finally had a chance to upload a little clip. I know the tone isn't great to begin with, but the sound comes in at 0:05. This was recorded with my guitar volume of 3.5. It sounds like clipping to me, but like I said the LED's aren't even turning bright green.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.