Posts by kylehoegen

What are your Clean Sense and Distortion Sense Settings?

Do you hear this hiss when you listen with headphones plugged directly into the KPA, if you are using an unedited Kemper Factory Rig?

Do you have treble boosted in the Output Menu EQ?

My clean sense is set to +4.0dB and my distortion at 0. It can be heard through headphones as well. All output menu EQ is set flat.

If you are hearing it as the note does away, it may be because the Gate is starting to work. Do you hear the sound all the time when you play with the gate set to 0, or do you not hear the sound at all, even as the note dies away?

As an aside- My preference is to have the global gate set as low as possible.

Now I feel like I'm getting somewhere. Sorry for all of the questions. When the global noise gate is set to 0, I get that audible background hum I'm used to with tube amplifiers. A value of 4.0 on the global noise gate removed that, but still doesn't touch the other sound. To remove that the gate needs to be turned up to 7.5ish. Ill be sure to upload a video tomorrow. Bare with me on this one. If the input LED is glowing green even when nothing is being played, is the signal too hot?

“note plays and sustains and as it starts to die out that sizzle comes in“.

What are your Noise Gate Settings?

I run the global gate at around 4.0. This generally seems like a good value for mid gain profiles, but definitely seems a little overkill for low gain. Would you recommend turning down the global gate and then applying an additional gate in the stomp section if need be?

Hi there. Just some questions to start:

Does it change when you move around?
    Do you not get this noise when you just plug straight into a traditional amp?
    Does touching the bridge change it significantly?

A little recording would really help.

I don't get this sound going through a normal amp. Location and bridge don't seem to effect it. The noise is only audible when holding out sustained notes. The note plays and sustains and as it starts to die out that sizzle comes in. I will try to upload a recording sometime today.

New Kemper user here. Love what I'm hearing so far, but I am experiencing a consistent issue which is pretty bothersome. When I turn my guitar up anywhere pass 5 or 6 I begin to get an audible hiss that accompanies each note I play. I generally use clean to mid gain profiles. I am not getting any clipping from the input led or the output. They're always green in color. I am not doing any type of recording, but I am able to here this both through my KRK Rokit Monitors and my LIne 6 L3t. I thought I'de mention this can be heard across all profiles and with multiple guitars/cables. Any advice would be appreciated.