Posts by Jam Gasto

Hi, I noticed the new preset management, and I appreciate it a lot! Now it's way easier to scroll the effects and presets!

Unfortunately It doesn`t work with the knobs, I can only scroll by using the arrows. Is there anyone else out there expereincing the same issue?

Aggiornamento sull'ascolto della mia FRFR: trovo i suoni privi di vita ed emozione, il suono in generale è molto asettico, plastico e di una precisione chirurgica che mal si abbina a tutti quei suoni vintage-style. Suona molto lontano da un valvolare, molto più vicino ad un brutto transistor. L'unico vantaggio è che i suoni tra loro si distinguono meglio mentre con la cassa tradizionale distingui un Mesa da un Marshall ma poi le differenze si assottigliano con gli ampli della stessa tipologia. Con la cassa tradizionale e con qualche accorgimento, non solo a livello di suono ma anche di dinamica i suoni sono molto più simili ad un valvolare, specie i crunch che reagiscono proprio bene e restituiscono molte più sfumature rispetto a questa FRFR. Attendo con ansia il confronto con Paradigma, nel frattempo continuo gli ascolti e a breve trasferirò il tutto in sala prove per verificare non fosse un problema di volumi. Mi è venuto in mente anche di scrivere alla Celestion per verificare se il progetto della cassa in cui ho racchiuso i coni non fosse sbagliato. Ciao!

..accidenti, che peccato...era un esperimento molto interessante.

...forse il segreto non è solo nel nuovo speaker? Se non sbaglio Kemper nel video del Namm parla anche di "dsp"...hai avuto modo di provare la Para come riferimento?

Ciao io credo che uno dei migliori FRFR in circolazione sia la Paradigma di Jad&freer: http://www.jadfreer-amps.it/shop/casse/paradigma/

è ultra trasparente, leggera, e a potenza da vendere. Se vuoi una soluzione cabinet è una soluzione da prendere in considerazione.

Puoi chiedere la prova gratuita, te la spedisce Mauro a casa e se non ti piace gliela rimandi indietro.

Io sono soddisfattissimo, credo prenderò anche la Power it come monitor da palco.

…not sure if it has been mentioned before.

I would like to see an option on the Editor that shows the output volume of each rig. A sort of VU meter that predicts on the levels in the effect chain + rig volume .

That would really help to adjust the rig volumes to a specific reference.

Does this make sense to you?

Welcome to the forum.

There is an unofficial MIDI editor availble called Toastme. I use it with Rig Manger open without any problem (PC user here).

It helps in the learning phase to take confidence with the KPA and helps you to create/mod/refine your rigs( even though I do not find the KPA interface so bad..).

It is worth a try.

Be sure to use FRFR monitors for the best sonic experience ;)

My 2 cents.

Ciao Massimo,

Io uso l'editor Toast me, che invia e riceve comandi MIDI da e verso il KPA. IL tap tempo viene getito dall'editor, quindi sicuramente è possibile fare quello che chiedi, ma come fare non saprei....

Hi Guys,

I use theToast me editor dayily and I find it very usufull, escpecially to have all the effect parameters under control and the preset functionality.

I was wondering if there is any chance to swap/copy/move the effects from one solt to another.

For example if I prepare a rig/performance and later I want to add a comp in the first slot, I have to copy and paste the whole chain.

Is somthing I am missing or currently this is not yet implemented?

Would it be possible to integrate the Looper-Function in the ToastME?
    This can be triggered via the EurekaPROM/Midi, then it should be possible for the ToastMe, too, I suppose?!

Would be a great feature - looping a part and then adjusting the settings in all calmness while you can hear the changes directly :thumbup:

+1
    That would be great! Gute Idee!

I am testing it, and as beginner (just got the KPA last month) i can only say that it is a great tool! It gives me an overview on all the parameters.

For me it is very valuable because it speeding up my learning process of the machine.

It is not 100% stable and sometime it loses the connection with my 6i6, which I use to send midi to the KPA.

Damien derserves his beers... ;)

I am reading you since years, I guess I know almost all of you, just got my KPA few weeks ago after selling almost all my old gear.

Still trying to understand how the thing works by tweaking parameters, locking-unlocking functions, scrolling rigmanager endlessly and of course playing with it!

It sounds amazing even though I just scratched the surface…couldn’t be happier!

I am Italian but I live in Germany (besser, in Schwabenland ) since few years.

Proud to be part of the family!

Ade!

Stefano