Posts by chrisspenceratx

Glad to be getting a lot of responses from my post, thanks to everyone posting:

GmbH: I opened a support ticket and hopefully something on my end will get fixed, and/or software updates will have fixes.

Everly - for me it's not just a display thing since my values on my kemper are unchanged too no matter if I unplug the USB cable and/or restart it.

Wheresthedug - I'm aware of the USB keyboard trick to rename stuff..when I do that or edit on the unit itself with the knobs it still won't save the changes.

Cmbrowns - I'm using the 3.2.37 latest Rig manager. But all these problems (unsaved name changes or paramater changes) have happened for the last couple software updates before that too...haven't had a reliable RM since late 2020. All my problems are happening in Browser mode, I haven't messed with Performance mode much.

For everyone - All my problems are editing my rigs located in 'Local Library' - they aren't saved into 'myProfiler' yet. Would RM work better with rigs that are on 'myProfiler'? Can't imagine that would make a difference but that's a thought.

Thanks again!

I've had this same issue with Rig Manager a few months back.

RM is still having the problem where it won't save edited parameters I make to a given rig within RM. Like I'll turn amplifier volume from 0 to 4, then save it. But I'll check that rig a few minutes later and the changes are gone and it's back to 0. Doesn't do this 100% of the time, maybe 1/3 of the time. AND it does the same thing when I manually edit on the Kemper itself - it's like RM sees the changed parameter for a while and then erases the change with the USB connection between hardware and software.

It had this problem a few months ago, and I left the kemper/RM alone for a few months thinking a software update would fix this but it hasn't. Is there a previous RM software that's more reliable? I wanna say about 6 months ago the software worked fine, i can't remember which one that is.

Another thought - i'm editing rigs in 'Local Library', they aren't saved on 'myProfiler' yet. Would RM work better with rigs that are on 'myProfiler'? Super frustrating..please help

RM is also still having the problem where it won't save edited parameters I make to a given rig. Like I'll turn amplifier volume from 0 to 4, then save it. But I'll check that rig a few minutes later and the changes are gone and it's back to 0. Doesn't do this 100% of the time, maybe 1/3 of the time.

It had this problem a few months ago, and I left the kemper/RM alone for a few months thinking a software update would fix this but it hasn't. Is there a particular previous RM software that's more reliable? I wanna say about 6 months ago the software worked fine, i can't remember which one that is.

Another thought - i'm editing rigs in 'Local Library', they aren't saved on 'myProfiler' yet. Would RM work better with rigs that are on 'myProfiler'?

I just updated Rig Manager to Version 3.2.37. When I rename the rig name, it lets me type in there like normal - but I can't store the rig. When I click 'Store Rig' the rig doesn't reflect the current date and goes back to the old stored rig name/date in rig manager.

Is this a glitch others are having? Really frustrated with RM for the past year, it's always something messing up with one glitch or another, no matter the current version. Is there a contact of someone who actually updates software for Kemper I can make a ticket with so they fix it for future updates?

Using rig manager, say I save a rig at a volume of '5' or whatever. I leave the rig and play a different rig, then I go back to that rig and the volume is now at '0'. I can refresh and go back to the rig later, but it's still at a new setting of '0'. All other settings I previously saved remained the same correct settings, just the volume is the one glitching. I'm running the most recent rig manager at 3.1.62.

Anyone else dealing with this? It happens for me maybe 5-10% of the time, and when I go back and re-save it works again but it's still annoying. Thanks

I’ve got it set up exactly like you should..stereo pedals (mobius, timeline, big sky) into a stereo loop with the appropriate cables, into 1 kemper rig. I have it setup exactly like this video details:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It worked perfectly for the year or so I did it, now it doesn’t since I updated software a few days ago. Tried restarting the kemper etc..not sure what to do and guess I’ll chalk it up to a software update bug since I’m not hearing any other reasoning

Thank you for the comment, but I just tried doing a stereo effects loop in a stomps module and it’s the same problem as if I assign a stereo loop to an effects module. Tried assigning a stereo loop to multiple modules on both sides of the kemper, same result.

Glad to know I’m not the only one with this problem though..any other suggestions to fix it? Or is this just a software bug that needs to be fixed?

I’m having an issue running my strymon pedals (timeline, big sky, mobius) through the kemper stereo effects loop. There’s a volume drop when the stereo loop is on. I’ve used the stereo effects loop for a while and familiar with how to wire everything correctly. I never had issues before I updated to the most recent kemper software the other day, so I think it’s maybe just a bug with the new software? Had anyone else had any issues

One of my rigs has an issue with the reverb. I'm using a powered kemper rack. I have an ambient reverb put in the normal 'Reverb' slot, and it doesn't activate unless the delay is on. And when delay is on, the reverb doesn't activate till a repeat has happened. Any idea why this is?

It's only on one rig..on my other rigs I don't have this issue, and when I try and copy/paste the reverb into the faulty rig it still doesn't work. Which makes me think it's something with the rig itself?

I watched this video to make a stereo effects loop for my timeline and bigsky:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So I now know how to make a stereo loop in a stereo effects slot. But I also want to put overdrive pedals, in a separate mono effects slot, before the amp/eq/cab section (it sounds bad put inline, into the stereo loop after amp/eq/cab) . How do I do this? The manual says this:

''With PROFILER Stage you could establish even two independent effect loops:
    • Loop Mono or Loop Distortion via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3) plus another optional Loop Mono or Loop
    Distortion via upper loop (SEND 1 and RETURN 1)
    • Loop Stereo via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3+4) plus another optional Loop Stereo via upper loop (SEND 1
    and RETURN 1+2)
    • Loop Stereo via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3+4) plus Loop Mono or Loop Distortion via upper loop (SEND 1
    and RETURN 1)
    • Loop Mono or Loop Distortion via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3) plus Loop Stereo via upper loop (SEND 1
    and RETURN 1+2)''

But I'm looking at the back panel's ins/outs and I'm not seeing how to do this. Can someone help me please?

Anybody hear any news on this? I’d really love good overdrive stomps from Kemper finally. Helix and Axe Fx have usable, good sounding ones - don’t know why this hasn’t been fixed yet. Would especially love a good Timmy, KOT etc